terry.sc

A Message From Chris

I received this message from Chris and I was asked to post it here.

Hi All.

Apologies for my absence recently - all I can say is life's a bit complicated and realistically the amount of time I can spend on the club these days is minimal. That said the off-line issue should be resolved very soon and with 5 of us now with the power to restart the server when there are problems it should keep disruption to a minimum from now on. I'll credit all subscribers with a full extra day for each time the site goes down - so they won't be losing out money-wise. If I get chance I'll make an appearance on the board towards the end of the week but in all honesty my hands on involvement with the day to day running of the club are just about through for the foreseeable future.

For the record the sites as busy as it every has been, with as many trades, showroom items and visits as ever - so I don't really feel my stepping back will be felt much anyway, especially once I get the stability issue sorted.

In other news,

the parts shop is currently closed down, the vintage one because of the number of complaints I got and the current one because the system had basically fallen into disrepair, coupled with a break down in comms between me and time tunnel. I expect that feature to be back in the not too distant future (ie before end of Jan/mid feb)

During Jan the movie section will go offline for some period as I swap 30gb of movie files and my movie system across to a new server. On paper the new movie server should be more reliable. A bonus is I'll upgrade movie file size to 30mb per movie from 20mb.

Competitions - I know the results for the last one were late, although I did let the winner know way before Christmas. The is a new one starting tomorrow (today) for a Tamtech frog - I'll keep this one as a guess the number one as its easier to set up and also process the results - so no delays this time around.

Hope everything in the real world is still good for all you guys and families and 2008 is a great year for you all.

Cheers

Chris

Well its good to hear from you Chris and I hope that you things get more "simple" so you can spend more time on the club.

Best Wishes for the new year and I look forward to the updates.

Are we Going to have another meet at Kidd this year?

Best regards

Ryck

Good to here from you Chris and hope you can find time again in the future. Of course if you need some sort of help don't hesitate to ask. Greetings & a happy 2008.

Max

This (at least in my mind) has clear implications for the Kidderminster Spring TC meet. This would be very unforunate indeed as it is the highlight of my year, nothing can get in the way of me going there, normally, I would do just about anything to be there I love the event so much. I love meeting everyone and racing and seeing all the vintage RC models :) .

In fact I got up today and had an idea to ask Chris about having several TC meets (maybe even in different locations) throughout the Summer / Autumn.

If there is no TC meet at all then I would personally be devastated :( . Words cannot describe what a loss this would be.

PLEASE can you tell us Chris whether the meeting is definitely going ahead this year in Spring?

Yours Desparately,

Alistair G.

I'm sure a Kidderminster meeting will happen. They are happy to have us there and if Chris can't organise it there are several of us here who could take over the meeting. Regarding other TC meets there are already several regular regional meets and Biggus did try organising a big meet at Wrexham in the autumn but that just ended up with mainly just North West Nutters.

Regarding a national scale TC meet rather than the many regional ones there is the problem of finding a track that isn't occupied by the clubs own racers.

Good to hear he is still alright,

Radio silence could also mean bad things of course.

Do wonder a bit, if i would ever get my "guess the number" price ( the golden lunchbox )

From back in Oktober or November...

Would actually like to build the thing :)

Stefan

All the best to Chris - I was only thinking last night (as I was making my first TC movie) how there hasn't been a single day in all of 2007 where there were no new showroom entries. That, IMO, takes some doing - not only to get so many members from across the globe but to maintain the servers so they are always ready to receive updates.

Three cheers for Chris and the admin team for keeping us up for the whole of 2007 and all the best for an even better year in 2008.

:)

Guest joelvardy
During Jan the movie section will go offline for some period as I swap 30gb of movie files and my movie system across to a new server. On paper the new movie server should be more reliable. A bonus is I'll upgrade movie file size to 30mb per movie from 20mb.

I know that movies have gone (been moved/deleted) but can we still add movies or will they get lost when it all changes?

Cheers, Joel