Sign in to follow this  
chrisland

Help Please

hi all i have just got my lunchbox with radio gear.but the wire that shound go to the reciver from the esc, and go in the battery hole.does not fit,but i have got a 4x aa batery holder to plug into it ?

there is nothing about this in the book

this is my first build so be gentle with me

hi all i have just got my lunchbox with radio gear.but the wire that shound go to the reciver from the esc, and go in the battery hole.does not fit,but i have got a 4x aa batery holder to plug into it ?

there is nothing about this in the book

this is my first build so be gentle with me

the diagram in the instruction leaflet confused me for a short while as there are two terminals that go into the receiver, what confused me was the three flex one that had a small tab on it that needed cutting off, this one went into the channel 2 slot, the red one does go into the battery slot but I found that it needed to be turn round from the way that it appears to go and it still leaves one terminal pin showing - it connects to the outer two pins.

All that said, I'm presuming that you are talking about the TEU-101BK ESC.

HTH

Andrew

yes thats the one

so do i need to use the 4 aa battery in the reciver or can the little end be choped off and replaced with the one from the battery holder.?

don't chop anything off. I haven't even touched the battery holder that was in the kit.

Attached is a photo of how our ESC is connected, hopefully that will make sense.

Andrew

ps I should add that the BATTERY terminal indicated on the pic is from the ESC.

post-23963-1199298587.jpg

thanks for the pic,but the battery terimal from my esc does not fit into my reciver,the plugs are diffrent ?but i have the plug on the battery holder.

arrrgggggggggg this is doing my head in.

can you photograph both your receiver and your esc terminal...

is it an Acomms receiver?

Andrew

You don't need to cut/splice anything. Tamiya kits are designed primarily with Futaba radio gear in mind, so everything should fit together without modification. You should have...

* Kit supplied TEU-101BK ESC has a small red power connector, with 2 pins, and a separate 3-pin signal connector for the throttle channel.

* Receiver is Futaba, and has 3-pin BEC/battery socket.

You should note that even though the ESC plug has a different number of pins, it's designed to go directly into a Futaba receiver. The red plug is flat on one side, and has two humps on the other. Only 2 of the pins in the power socket are used. You should see two little notches on the receiver socket - the 2-pin ESC plug should plug directly into that, if you line up the red plug's bumps with those notches. It should go in only one way.

Otherwise, your battery pack might have a 2-pin red connector, and a 2-pin socket with 3-pin plug on the other end with the switch on it. You could use that as an adapter, but it shouldn't be necessary, and then you'd have two power switches.

If you see where the red/black wires go on the AA receiver battery pack's 3-pin connector when lined up with the receiver socket, you should get an idea where the 2-pin connector on the ESC goes, as the red/black wires should connect to the receiver the same way.

- James

Yeah, my bad I actualy have one of these and forgot they have 2 radio plugs. I was thinking of my LRP wich has one plug. I

googled TEU 101BK and found this http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=327 straight from the horses

mouth should make it crystal clear. Its an animation and is slow but it leaves no questions other than the fact you might have

to shave the bumps of the red plug if you are not using the kit suplied power switch and plugging directly into the reciver. The

tamiya reciver in the picture is the only one I've ever seen with the coresponding notches. Sorry for the misinformation and

thank you James for catching that, good luck and have fun.

thanks for all the info everyone and to hunterzero who was spot on. its all sorted ,

the plug is diffrent but it does slot in useing to conectors

thanks again