Now escs. Escs are rated by the number of turns on a motor they can handle. The Tamiya TEU-101 is meant to run no lower than a 27T motor. Some people get away with running a lower turn motor and some don't, but the fact is its meant only for 27T motors and no lower. Now here's where things get tricky. Dual motors draw twice the current so the esc in question must be able to handle both. Here's an example. An esc rated to run an 8T single motor can only handle two motors as low as 16T (8 being half of 16). So if you wanted to run two 20T motors in your truck for example you would need an esc rated at least down to 10T. The Dual Hunter comes with a Tamiya TEU-103 esc. Tamiya America states this esc can handle a max of two Tamiya Sport Tuned motors. Those motors aren't all that hotter than stock.

Regarding what you said, Saito, is there a posibility to run this ESC on one 14 turn motor? I am thinking to make the Dual Hunter 2WD but much faster.

If so, how should I set up?

The ESC has 4 wires, 2 for each engine. For a 14T engine should I bind all 4 wires (2 and 2) ?

An finally, would the gears hold a 14T engine?

Thank you in advance,

Regarding what you said, Saito, is there a posibility to run this ESC on one 14 turn motor? I am thinking to make the Dual Hunter 2WD but much faster.

If so, how should I set up?

The ESC has 4 wires, 2 for each engine. For a 14T engine should I bind all 4 wires (2 and 2) ?

An finally, would the gears hold a 14T engine?

Thank you in advance,

Dude, I run a either a Reedy Spec 19 or 10.5t brushless in my blackfoot xtreme i.e. the 2wd version of the dual hunter and it is about the best balance. I also have a peak racing 13t mod motor which is too much power for the chassis but fun. To connect the ESC to one motor just simply plug in one set of motor wires and not the other. It will work fine and provide the right voltage and current. Simple as that, as they are wired in parallel so the motor(s) will only draw what they need.

The only problem is a good modified motor suitable for the truck will cost quite a bit. You may as well get an ezrun 5.5t brushless.

Dude, I run a either a Reedy Spec 19 or 10.5t brushless in my blackfoot xtreme i.e. the 2wd version of the dual hunter and it is about the best balance. I also have a peak racing 13t mod motor which is too much power for the chassis but fun. To connect the ESC to one motor just simply plug in one set of motor wires and not the other. It will work fine and provide the right voltage and current. Simple as that, as they are wired in parallel so the motor(s) will only draw what they need.

The only problem is a good modified motor suitable for the truck will cost quite a bit. You may as well get an ezrun 5.5t brushless.

Do you mean to say that the stock ESC found on the Dual Hunter kit will work with 5.5t brushless? Or I will also need to change the ESC?

I have test a few days the stock ESC TEU-103BK in DualHunter with 2 Tamiya Super Stock BZ motors 23T, and the RC works perfectly. :D

The torque and speed is very good, in 4WD mode. I have modify little the esc, i put up in the flat heat-sink, 2 little heat-sinks from memory chip of vga , before i cut the small plastic on top and i use two side thermal tape. I also put on, one small fun from cpu 4mm X 4mm and i powered from the output of bec (bat) in esc who gives 5-6 volt and speenup the fun slow but works fine.

No problems in time, i use one battery Nosram 4200mA NiMh, one Nosram 5000mA NiMh / 7,2 volt and finally one Li-Po 7,4 volt Flight-max 4000mA 25C.

I change the tires also, with Proline Dirt Works #1072 and the RC it turns like ''train''...

DualHunter is ''flying'' in the earthy street... ;):P

post-30289-1273957417_thumb.jpg

post-30289-1273957447_thumb.jpg