Sign in to follow this  
Jonny_3

Micro-baja Or Lunch Box

Hi, im thinking of getting a micro-baja for my birthday and I was woundering if anyone here has one?

If you do have one then could you tell me if it is worth me getting one and are they good quality? The reason why I want one is because I don't have much space in my bedroom for anything big and its just something I could have fun with in the lounge or out in the garden. They look fun but I heard that they break easily.

If I had a micro-baja I could choose other stuff for my bday

BUT

I also like the look of the lunch box but then if I get a lunch box for my bday then I wouldn't have much other stuff so which do you think is best? Get a micro-baja and other stuff or a lunch box and not much other stuff?

Thanks, Jonny

HI

My nephew has two micro bajas,he loves them.

Ive seen them and there a nice bit of kit.

They are well made and very intricate.

I gather there are a lot of hot up alloy parts etc availible too for them

He's also mad about the lunchbox too ,he's got a couple of them also.

Hard Decision for you to make i'm sure.

Tim

the micros are ok but if you use them on carpet the drive shafts clog up with carpet threads and you have to strip it to clear them. they are also no good off road as they have very little ground clearance. if you have laminate flooring go for the baja if thats what you want, but otherwise i would go for the lunchbox.

My son and I have fun with our Micro-t's. Their great for indoor fun. We're able to antagonize the dog and have a good time racing them up and down the hallways. With that said, I think you will have more fun with a lunchbox. They hang wheelies and have unpredicatable driving mannerisms.

Well my mother said yesterday that if I pass my GCSE's in May, she will get me a micro-baja and some of the hop ups like carbon chassis etc so im quite lucky. I don't have laminated floor so it will be a pain but I will find somewhere to use it.

For my birthday I wouldn't mind a lunchbox but I have a spare sport tuned motor and I heard that if I get a more powerful motor than the stock one the gear box makes a cluncking noise. This means I will need to add a 3rd shock absorber and it is too much bother for a bday present.

I decided that the blackfoot extreme was more suitable for the sport tuned motor and it is bigger, suggesting its probably better for off road and is faster. Thanks for the help. If anyone has more suggestions please let me know.

-Jonny-

hi , i have 2 micro bajas there awsome , as said not the best out doors unless tarmac but fun fun fun all the same

gathering many anodized hot ups for my blue one :angry:

jeff

Only real weak spot on the Micro-T/Baja is it's steering links. Easy to use a zip-tie or a piece of polycarb off cut from a 1:10 build to make new ones. Very nice piece of RTR truck, although I must say not to the same standard as I would expect from a Tamiya. Very intricate to work on and if you have big hands like me you will use tweezers a lot to assemble them.

There are heaps of upgrades for the Micro, so many that you can be left without a single stock part left like me. Parts are very cheap too.

High pile carpets are a problem with them, the shorter loop pile carpets are ideal to run on. I've made a track with sections of carpet off cuts with wooden framing underneath for jumps. I have run mine in the dirt, but it was a very level compact area with no rocks (remember the scale and the dirt/rocks it can run over need to be scale too). With the larger wheel packages you can buy now they can run over slightly rougher terrain.

Q. Would I buy and build a Micro if I could have the chance to do it over?

A. Most definitely! With the last week of rain here I'd go stir crazy without being able to drive the Micro inside.

The Lunchbox is one of my favourites even though I've never owned one. The engineering of the chassis has always had me a bit concerned and when you see videos of that chassis running, the wheels seem to wobble all over the place and the van bounces a lot. I think the attraction to the Lunchbox for me is the 'Van' and I would end up doing it as a street machine on a RWD tourer chassis and fully deck out the interior with a big mural and bubble windows on the side and a "Shaggin' Wagon" sticker on the rear window like they did in the 70's LOL.

The Lunchbox is one of my favourites even though I've never owned one. The engineering of the chassis has always had me a bit concerned and when you see videos of that chassis running, the wheels seem to wobble all over the place and the van bounces a lot. I think the attraction to the Lunchbox for me is the 'Van' and I would end up doing it as a street machine on a RWD tourer chassis and fully deck out the interior with a big mural and bubble windows on the side and a "Shaggin' Wagon" sticker on the rear window like they did in the 70's LOL.

Ive had similar ideas but using a kamtec MK2 transit to make a 'supervan' replica ;)