jimgingym

Sand Scorcher Replacement Sprung Oil Dampers

Hi, I want to replace Sand Scorcher standard oil shocks for high quality anodised aluminium oil sprung dampers, maybe adjustable.

I've seen a few pictures of modified Scorchers with these on and I assume that someone has done thier homework and worked out the length etc, and got these from a different car, perhaps modified as well.

Can anyone tell me how?

The only one's I've seen were on Epay that required modifying the originals, but I'm after something that looks a bit tastier......if you know what I mean!!

Many thanks,

Jim. :unsure :blink: :

have you look into the Aeration dampers for the Tamtechs? I'm not sure if they are long enough or if they are too wide but do look like they might fit

have you look into the Aeration dampers for the Tamtechs? I'm not sure if they are long enough or if they are too wide but do look like they might fit

Thanks for reply.. I've got a couple of TamTech's & I thought the same, only problem is that they would be far to week as they seem week even for the TamTech's, but thanks anyway.

With a couple of extra parts, GPM 60mm shocks for Losi Mini-T will fit.

Check out my carbon fibre Rough Rider for an example.

Hornet shocks can be adapted to fit too.

Thanks for reply...Wow! what a machine, I bet It drives a dream!

I want to copy the front springs, but I also want to have matching on rear, so would a full set of modified Losi shocks do it?

Oh, & thanks for your great tuturial on sport tuning SRB's on your page, that was the next thing on my list.

Many thanks.

Thanks for reply...Wow! what a machine, I bet It drives a dream!

I want to copy the front springs, but I also want to have matching on rear, so would a full set of modified Losi shocks do it?

Oh, & thanks for your great tuturial on sport tuning SRB's on your page, that was the next thing on my list.

Many thanks.

The Ranger in my showroom has the full compliment of GPM shocks. I took the pics of the RR before the rear suspension was complete, it too now has GPM shocks all round, as does the carbon Scorcher, I just haven't had chance to take new photos yet.

If you buy a full set, the rears are about 2mm short on travel (a set is a pair of 55mm + a pair of 60mm), to accommodate this I fitted limit stops on the rear, which also flattens out the odd camber on SRB rear suspension. If the camber doesn't bother you just fit the longer shocks.

If you go to http://www.rcmodelimports.co.uk/ they sell fronts & rears separately.

The 2mm ball ends came from RTF Models (Ebay shop, seller name rtf6989)

If you are keeping your SRB mostly standard, eg; radio tub etc., you'll need stiffer springs, Brat springs are a little stronger or CRP hop up ones from Ebay.

The carbon & lack of extras mean that my RR is about 20% lighter than stock.

I've just fitted some 1/14 truck dampers to my scorcher - they aren't oil dampers - just a spring inside an aluminium body, so I put a rubber O ring on the shaft inside and they now work like friction dampers - not amazing, but just as good as the leaky SRB dampers. Looks much nicer now....