Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueDragon

Hi, Just Bought Myself A King Hauler :d

Hi People,

Im new here, Ive been in RC for years now and only just managed to buy my dream RC.

Im well happy, For years I have wanted something but it has been too expensive so Ive had to just dream about owning one. Well Ive decided to extend my Overdraft and bought one :angry:

Tamiya King Hauler Truck

Tamiya Multi Function Control Unit

Futaba 4Channel Radio Set

Animal Guard

Im soooo excited

Welcome aboard - lots of King Haulers in the showrooms here, check them out for inspiration :angry:

Welcome to the TamiyaClub TheBlueDragon.

Truck looks nice and I bet you will enjoy building it alot.

Any ideas what trailers you will get for it yet or how you will paint it?

Have fun 'n' watch that overdraft... this hobby is addictive :angry:

In the future Im planning on getting a box trailer. Spraying it all black with a VW clubs logo (that my mate set up) on the side.

Or depending on my financial situation I might get someone to airbrush me a design.

As for my overdraft its at a steady 1,100 at the moment lol

How difficult is it to hide all the cables for the MFU?

Only 1100 - get it spent, you cant take it with you ;)

Just take your time when building and installing the truck, mfu and you will be fine. To hide my wires i gathered up all the cables for the rear lights (all the front light wires are hidden in the cab) and slid a long bit of heatshrink over them, that way you only see a black tube rather than a load of multicoloured wires!

The Blue Dragon shops at Dragon Shop - Where else one might ask? :rolleyes:

If you are into the 1:14 range I suggest you check out Tamiya3speed.com. It is maintained by the US Tamiya distributor and contains lots of good advice for anyone about to build one of these. They are a great build that with enough threadlock for all screws (that are screwed into other metal parts) and lots grease for the gears are a joy to build!

I covered my cables too with black heat shrink tubing and it turned out OK, so that is good advice.

I must express some concern on your choice of radio. Although it says it will work with the MFU you might experience problems. That radio has digital trim levers for all the channels. Generally that is a good thing but the MFU is designed for use with analogue trims where you instantly can change between neutral, full trim and back to neutral. There is some more info about that here on TC but probably more in the link above. I am not saying it will not work, just that it will be a nuisance every time you want to select a special funtion as you have to click your way to full trim, select your function and then click youyr way back to neutral to continue.

The best of luck to you!

..........That radio has digital trim levers for all the channels. Generally that is a good thing but the MFU is designed for use with analogue trims where you instantly can change between neutral, full trim and back to neutral.

Could you elaborate slightly on this please? what is the main reason for analouge trims? i know the mfu needs them for some reason but im not sure of which?

Back on the subject.... you have bought from the same seller as me :rolleyes:, nice choice will like to see some progress pictures once building commences!

all the best

Best of the big rigs, smallest of the rigs, but my favorite. A real classical looking truck.

You are going to have a crowd around you once let the air horn rip.

Cheers!

Haha,

Le Parrain - Us dragons like to stick together lol

Yes I know the transmitter isnt going to work right so when it arrives Im selling that one and buying a different one.

Im really looking forward to this build, its probably the largest I have ever done apart from my Pimpzilla project