Paulie

I Am Confused... Vanning? Landjump? Integra?

I have an older kyosho. I thought it to be a vanning. The roll cage does not look like anything I have seen before. If you might know what it is from or if this is not the vehicle I thought it was please respond. Notice the front is taller and at a different angle.

mycllection007.jpg

mycllection006.jpg

Yes, it looks to be a Vanning. I think your confusion could be due to blunt "roman" nose look with out the bumper. Fitting of factory curved front bumper will smooth out the forward lines and return your vanning to "super-model" like looks!!! The nomenclature of kyosho is not consistant throughout their range. Please feel free to put the record straight if i have it wrong, however my understanding is the series goes something like this:-

Landjump 4D, yellow frame, separate spring and oil dampers,

Landjump Integra, blue frame, coil-over-oil dampers,

Vanning, red main frame, white rear and side frame, 4WD

Mint Vegas, yellow frame, 2WD

Presto, lexan body, on a "stiffened" vanning floor pan, 4WD

Baja, lexan body (1/8 scale similar to tamiyas' rough rider 1/10) on vanning floor pan and running gear.

Hope this helps,

cheers,

otc

Thanks so much for your help. Everything else screams vanning but the cage. And after spending the day searching for pics, I have found a couple of pics in which the vanning is shown with 2 different roll cages. I have to say that I appreciate the help and I am sure glad I came across this site.

I have to agree, it looks just like the Vanning I have hiding somewhere in my garage. It might have taken a knock on the back of the cage though, from memory the bars going up from the chassis rail at the back, behind the tank, should be vertical, as should the main vertical support behind the radio case. To be honest I think that the missing bumper makes all the difference.

Definitely a Vanning but looks like the wrong roll cage- could be from the 2wd version- Rowdy baja or something.

I pulled the cage and straightened the bend up front. It is the correct roll cage but the previous owner must have modified it. It looke correct now. I will post a pic. Thank you everyone for your help!!!

Strange- my Vanning's cage looks exactly the same in profile. please can you post pics of after you bent it? Also how did you bend the shape?

Thanks,

Felix

Here is a shot after being rebent. I used a bench vise to bend it.

red.jpg

where can I come across a bumber, wheels and tires? Do you have any suggestions?

where can I come across a bumber, wheels and tires? Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers for the updated pics Paulie- seems I must do exactly the same!

I think I am going to post it on ebay this weekend so I can finish up my thunder tiger. I am very partial to my thunder tigers lately. I don't know why... I quess just because they are so different.