RC-TSC

Hotshot. What Tires?

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for some new tires to go on my Hotshot, I've got a pair of the standard oval block Super Gripper's on order, but was wondering what other tires are available to go straight onto the Hotshot wheels, or what wheels are available that will fit the Hotshot. I have no idea what I'm looking for here, how can you tell they will fit before buying them? I wouldn't mind a set of wheels with road tires on for street bashing. but would also like to try an alternative offroad tire to the Super Gripper aswell.

Cheers,

TSC.

For tyres that fit on the standard wheels there are some 2 inch tyres by Traxxas, but the best option is to replace the triangular drives with hex drives and fit 2.2" DF-03 wheels. Then you can use buggy tyres from any manufacturer.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37625

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39070

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for some new tires to go on my Hotshot, I've got a pair of the standard oval block Super Gripper's on order, but was wondering what other tires are available to go straight onto the Hotshot wheels, or what wheels are available that will fit the Hotshot. I have no idea what I'm looking for here, how can you tell they will fit before buying them? I wouldn't mind a set of wheels with road tires on for street bashing. but would also like to try an alternative offroad tire to the Super Gripper aswell.

Cheers,

TSC.

Hi,

Another alternative if you want to keep your standard hotshot wheels, is to use shumacher block tyres (items T692 and T693), which they still produce and can be bought on their website.

Here's a pic of a (highly modified) Hotshot wearing those tyres, belonging to terry.sc. He's obviously got them on some aftermarket rims, but I've used these tyres on standard Hotshot rims myself and they're a perfect fit.

Hotshot tyres

Thanks for the replies chaps, having the hex drives explained has helped a lot, I now know what to look for in terms of replacing the wheels. Those Traxxas Anaconda's look pretty sweet aswell - I can see those going on the shopping list.

Thanks for taking the time to find & post the links.

Cheers,

TSC.

Looking good Savage, thats the sort of thing I'm after. Although you've intrigued me, that battery guard looks pretty handy, anychance of some piccies? Did you make it yourself? I could certainly do with something like that.

Cheers,

TSC.

HI

Actually its a CRP nerf wing, I really like it cause I run lipos and it protects the tap. I saw a couple on ebay if you wanna look for one, think I scored this one for $8

29182afc.jpg

857997e3.jpg