Mookysaurus

Mookysaurus' Scania Build Thread - By Popular Demand?

Hi guys...

Im about 8 hours into the build of my scania highline :)

This is my first build, and as a qualified clever person i thought i might have half a chance at building something of this scale as my first model :D

well these are from tonight, i spent most of last night reading the manual and prepping parts.

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

after some more time of watching the simpsons then the bill.....

DSC00425.jpg

Lets see what happens next :D

no-one likes clicky pics....!

and about time - i think you need some of the wedico parts on there :D

you may be clever but your pretty messy - and your screw heads aren't straight...

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

oh yeah, good start :)

............you may be clever but your pretty messy - and your screw heads aren't straight...

im an electronics engineer.... not a perfectionist :)

And what do you mean my screws arnt straight?

What you mean his screw heads arent straight? do you mean instead of +++++ they are +x+x++ etc

My mom is puicking my King Hauler up later today, its going to take me ages to buold isnt it

I will watch this thread with interest - I have the "Full Option Kit" stashed away in my closet for a future project. I look forward to learning from your mistakes before I start :blink: . Looks good so far ! Paint scheme planned yet ?

I will watch thiss thread with interest - I have the "Full Option Kit" stashed aay in my closet for a future project. I look forward to learning from your mistakes before I start :blink: . Looks good so far ! Paint scheme planned yet ?

Yep... bmw black cab, peugeot silver front grill and peugeot graphite bumpers skirts etc.

you'll never guess what turned up this afternoon...... :wub:

ordered monday evening...

DSC00428.jpg

What you mean his screw heads arent straight? do you mean instead of +++++ they are +x+x++ etc

Exactly!

I need a trailer, thats no fair! But my next highlift turned up today, but no tlt :blink:

More pics, more pics

Exactly!

I need a trailer, thats no fair! But my next highlift turned up today, but no tlt :blink:

More pics, more pics

having trouble locating the shift rod... work has stopped for the time until i find it Lol. then i can start the gearbox!!

edit: mite go prime some plastic!

DSC00430.jpg

Just made the oil shocks, putting those on now, and im in the middle of fiddling with the gear box! Argh i have a headache.... more TV needed.

If anyones interested....

Built the gear box....

DSC00436.jpg

When handling exspensive stuff, ie fiddly tamiya models... make sure you have harry at hand.....

DSC00438.jpg

Once you have all that done make sure you finish off with something cool and refreshing!

DSC00437.jpg

:blink:

Yep... bmw black cab, peugeot silver front grill and peugeot graphite bumpers skirts etc.

you'll never guess what turned up this afternoon...... :P

ordered monday evening...

DSC00428.jpg

Outstanding ! That is the same trailer I will be choosing - post up those build pics as well. Well chosen B) .

Outstanding ! That is the same trailer I will be choosing - post up those build pics as well. Well chosen B) .

Eventually im going to modify it into a tri-axle curtain sider, but for now ill use it as a flatbed trailer. its a nice trailer as its really easy to mod etc.

:P

Gear box complete......

DSC00440.jpg

gearbox/engine fitted tested working perfect B)

DSC00441.jpg

Scania build halted for spraying, but trailer construction started!? will post some pictures eventually :P

looking good so far - i would start running your rear mfu wires about now - as its easier to hide them without all the bits in the way!

looking good so far - i would start running your rear mfu wires about now - as its easier to hide them without all the bits in the way!

Im having trouble fitting the wheels to the trailer.... they keep rubbing on the shock, for some reason theres not enough clearance? :\

Edit: problem sorted.......

DSC00444.jpg

Trailers complete... but not put motorized legs on yet as i have been building for 12 hours!

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

Oh and some parts have been sprayed.....

DSC00445.jpg

Do you sleep ever?!

Looking good!

Ryan

Simple answer... No :P Not until im finished anyway, just going to finish spraying my cab and grills etc then fit skirts/bumpers 5th wheel MFU to truck :lol:

Great trailer - my favourite (and best for lounge running!)

Have you found the shift rod? it sould be taped to your mini kit box lid!

Great trailer - my favourite (and best for lounge running!)

Have you found the shift rod? it sould be taped to your mini kit box lid!

it was under the tyres :lol: gearbox is now built and runs well! just a little case of fitting skirts etc now then i can start on fitting the mfu in propperly

Progress update:

Most parts sprayed, more paint aquired... all parts sanded to smooth out parts, ready for final spray for most parts then laquering.

DSC00453.jpg

Be careful, if you have the full operational Kit you will have to paint the correct right tank (the one with the holes for the vaiours switch).

I made a mistake painting the one that is for the kit without the full kit, and, as you can see on my model, it is not painted..

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...4&sid=15790

In any case... since you are an electronic engineer, if something does not work try a reboot. ;)

Note that, if you have the full operatinal kit, the seats will not fit under the cabin. I lost two days painting the seats to have a real looking leather seats, and now they are lying in the box. :)

getuserimage.asp.jpg

Be careful, if you have the full operational Kit you will have to paint the correct right tank (the one with the holes for the vaiours switch).

I made a mistake painting the one that is for the kit without the full kit, and, as you can see on my model, it is not painted..

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...4&sid=15790

In any case... since you are an electronic engineer, if something does not work try a reboot. ;)

Note that, if you have the full operatinal kit, the seats will not fit under the cabin. I lost two days painting the seats to have a real looking leather seats, and now they are lying in the box. :)

I have painted to correct tank thanks for the advice on that! i like the poster in the cab.... very good effect! i love the way you have painted the gearbox! i never thought of that!! i have been advised it is possible to fit the seats with some slight adjustments to how the mfu/gear is fitted in the cab, ill be crossing that bridge soon, so ill post some more pics!

Loving your colour scheme, very well done too, i hope mine is as good quality!

Edit: i may resort to shortening wires etc and wrapping heatshrink on too, will let you guys know how that goes eventually!