Sign in to follow this  
subsea84

Metal For Grill

I bought some metal mesh from Halfords that i want to use as a grill for my drift car. have cut the hole out but what is the best glue to use to attach it to the Lexan shell?

most craft stores, big department stores and some home improvement stores sell a product called Goop or Shoe Goo. This is a thick almost caulk like flexible adhesive.

Would a hot glue gun or silicone sealant work? Or would this damage the Lexan/Paint?

Would a hot glue gun or silicone sealant work? Or would this damage the Lexan/Paint?

i would not use a glue gun as heat from the glue & the gun can damage the lexan and also theres a chance the hot glue can melt or smudge the paint ..

id use normal house kitchen sealant leave it to dry over night . using sealant it can allways flex so if you have an impact it will last alot long than hot glue has it hardly as if any flex so no glue gun :D

c.h

thanks for the advice. i have just stuck it using sealant. will see if its dried tomorrow

I've used hot-melt on lexan bodies - it works if you use small spots of the stuff. As caddy shack says - it's not very flexible and will eventually pop off. If you use even a moderate amount (say the size of a headlight) the heat will deform the body. It seems to be ok with PS paints.

I use spots of hotmelt to hold wires in place for LEDs on runners. It lasts long enough for me, and is easy to remove.

shoe goo is the most versatile rc adhesive i've found. if it can't fix it, it ain't broke. ;)