Sign in to follow this  
Steewax

It Seems To Be Not Possible To Become A Real Member That Sucks :(

Hey fellas i'm really sad about this so i want to share my story with you.

I wanted to get a full membership of tamiyaclub for a long time but the problem is i don't have a credit card(i'm just a student) so i thought i write to the mail adress of tamiyaclub and ask if i just could send the 15 pounds via paypal to some mail adress to one of the Tamiyaclub founders. Some minutes later a mail came back from chris alridge and he told me it wouldnt be a problem it just could take some hours to enable my real account. So i sent him the money in hope to be in about 1 or 2 days a full member. But it didn't happen. This was 2 months ago. After a lot of mails (the most he didn't answer) he sent me the money at christmas back and told me that he apologizes for this and if i want i could get a free membership if i want because of the delay. Since then i wrote him again about 4 mails but he did still not answer ....;)

Maybe he has lot of work and much stress but i can't understand what is so complicated to set me up for a full membership!

I'm really really sad about this because i'm a Tamiya fan like all of you and i want to share my nice F1 collection with you (showroom) and want to sell,buy and trade stuff with other Tamiya lovers .....

i hope chris maybe reads this post and can finally give me this account.....i'm waiting for over 2 months now so maybe someone of you can help me maybe someone who knows chris .

greetings

Steve :-)

why do you need a Credit card? the membership fee is paid via paypal which can draw from your balance or bank account.

I payed my membersfee in december with paypal and my account was activated instantly, no problems at all, I even didn't have to mail with anybody at all.

Did you leave him a -ive feedback? <_<

Oh I forgot this is not ebay and he owns the site. :blink:

I think in the Forum a few months back, Chris did indicated that he will be busy and need other TC member to help out. I am sure it will all work out for you in the end, may just require some extra time and in the mean time you can collect more Tamiya RC and once you get your full membership you can upload tons of your RC photo to feast our eyes. :blink:

why do you need a Credit card? the membership fee is paid via paypal which can draw from your balance or bank account.
Don't know, there's some quirk in the system that Paypal needs a credit card to enable to the Tamiyaclub subscription, but only for accounts in certain countries. :huh::D

If anyone has a problem subscribing any of the mods can handle the payments and activate your account, in fact if you have a friend who is already a subscriber they can activate your account for you, just contact the mods for how to do it. In this case Steve has been promised a free membership for all the trouble he has been through, unfortunately for anyone else to activate the account we have to pay for the subscription. Chris has been told about it so should e dealing with it. Steewax if you don't hear anything from him contact me and I'll bug him about it.

Hey guys i'm glad that you gave me answers so there is light in sight after all this waiting.

It is really so that you have to register a credit card at german paypal to become a subscriber directly. At the paypal site you can read" only credit card accepted".

But the problem seems to be solved i pay the 15 pounds to twinset and he will set me up :huh:.

I know chris said i will get the account for free but i can't wait much longer..... :angry:

Yeah i'm really happy that i soon will be a real member.

Thanks again for your replys.

I should have been writing in the forum much earlier.

greetings

Steve :D