Dear Community,

a couple of months ago I ordered a Lancia TT01 from bboykorea on ebay, as well as a re-re beetle a few days later. What made me decide to buy from him was the low shipping fee, I should have known better. The package arrived late december.

This seller only wraps his packages in brown paper. Needless to say that, after having spent two months in a supertanker container, the package is badly damaged, as brown paper only offers "limited" protection, as opposed to cardboard for instance.

Pix:

pict0014ev4.th.jpg

pict0019be9.th.jpg

As someone else mentioned, "good for him he doesn't sell chinas".

The box is good for the trash can, the rear of the body was smashed, and the front spoiler is flattened. As this car was purchased for its cosmetics quality (not the dynamic abilities of the TT01, mind you), I was very disappointed and signalled my deception to the seller. After a few emails back and forth in january, it appears that my complaints are going nowhere, hence we have a "bad seller" here.

I checked his feedback and it appears he has an unusually high rate of negative ones in there, as well as a lot of "mutually withdrawn" feedbacks (sic). I asked about him on the french (my native language) rc forums, and was told a lot of people now refuse to buy from him after experiencing similar issues to mine, ie poor packaging that leads to damaged contents. More interestingly, this gentleman also has a history of shipping slow surface, even when you pick the "express delivery" option and pay for it. He seems to also be quite popular with the paypal "litigation" staff. By the way, he also changed email and paypal account in the meantime... make your own mind about the kind of person he is.?

his feedback on ePay:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...id=bboykorea382

In the meantime (this morning) i got my beetle, after 10 weeks of shipment time. Again, I didn't pay for quick shipment, so no complaint about that one. although it definitely is on the slow side (10 wks). Of course, the packaging is the same, so it got smashed too, although to a much lesser extent. Contents are not damaged this time, though.

Seller info:

name as per new email: Tang Wing Kai

ebay id: bboykorea382

paypal/email: modelseller382@ yahoo.com.hk

Draw your own conclusions, but here are mine:

- avoid buying from bboykorea382

- spend 10 more bucks on shipping buying from a "reputed" seller - although I still believe Jason charges too much for his packing services <_<

- these people should understand that such behaviour in 2008 cannot go unnoticed and un-shared on the internet. Hence my post.

Beware,

Paul

Anything fragile or expensive it's reputable sellers all the way. I've not been burnt (touch wood) but very mindful of the fact that if i was i think there is very little you can do for a quick/ effective remedy.

I ordered an MFC-02 from him and the same thing happened. The box was hammered. I think as long as you don't care about the box, you'll be fine ordering from him.

I ordered an MFC-02 from him and the same thing happened. The box was hammered. I think as long as you don't care about the box, you'll be fine ordering from him.

At least you got the kit! :blink::)<_<:blink:

Is paid for the express shipping and 5 weeks later still nothing but plenty of aggro.

Eventually got my money back.

He claimed customs sent it BACK to him! He was slow in responding and never once offered a sorry.

Just a rubbish seller.

AVOID.

I have been selling some of my stuff on ebay and I can tell you the amount of bubble wrap, foam, tape and card board box I use ain't cheap. As a collector I am willing to do this but if I was an ebay store I would charge 100% for the packing, no free lunch. Mind you could hurt my chances of selling for a higher price. I think regular users of ebay can understand and accept the additional cost. All one has to do is go to the post office or a stationery store and buy a box, some bubble wrap and box tape and you know right away how much it cost.

If you offer the seller a few dollars more all parties would be happy in the end. Of course if the seller takes the extra money and still wrap it in paper than is tar and feather time.

So I think extra $5.00 to $10.00 for packing is not unreasonable.

Packing and shipping are risk buyers have to take and deal with unfortunately.

By the way no insurance is offer Hong Kong post office for items ship to the UK. Does any one know why or because there were too many claims for UK shippments?

I have also only bad experience with that Korea-chap..

Ordered the 56001 electrical unit set, and paid for "superfast shipping", 3-5 days worldwide.. The package arrived after 18 (!!!) days, and it was CLEALY stamped, leaving the postoffice 5 days before i recieved it, so he has simply not bothered to send it out fast...

Furthermore, due to his VERY poor packing, the box was also crushed, and a few of the components on the circuitboard were bent out of shape, and the "pegs" where you attach the plugs were also bent, meaning that the multi-plugs wouldnt go on... And no, he didnt offer a refund, not for the item, and not for the "superfast shipping", which would have been just as fast as on a bicycle. :blink:

Needless to say, that i will NOT spend anymore cash on him... <_<

Michael

Follow-up - negative feedback was posted.

"car not prtct'd- just wrapped in brown ppr- got damaged- not the only one- AVOID" - sorry for the SMS style, there's only a limited amount of characters allowed...

Here's the message I almost instantly get from the seller - again it shows how out of touch he is as we had exchanged numerous emails.

"Dear lonestar19,

I dont't know why you didn't email me before leaving those feedbacks, yahoo blocked my old email accounts and I tried to contact every customer that my new email address is modelseller382@yahoo.com.hk and bboykorea388@hotmail.com

I don't know if your email server which would block this email since i sent such email too many times and they would place my message to your spam or rubbish folder, after seeing it, please email me to those 2 email address and I will follow you case, also, please cancel those feedbacks by this link,thanks

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MFWRequest"

Here's my reply:

"Hello

I will leave the negative feedback in and it will remain in your evaluation.

I sent you several emails the past 3 weeks including pictures of my damaged item, you replied to some of them but not the last one where I was asking what you would offer as a compensation. The package wasn't properly protected for shipment, it's obvious that simple brown paper will not protect any fragile goods like RC car kits for shipment. Upon investigation, it appears you are also well known for always proceeding with poor wrapping, hence I think other buyers should be made aware that you know it's an issue and don't want to act on it.

From your feedback ratings I also see you are not a top-notch seller (lots of negative and withdrawn feedbacks), hence it is my long-time ebay community member (since 1999) duty to clearly call the issue out to my fellow modellers.

Shall I suggest you change your packaging strategy for future buyers?

Regards,

Paul"

It looks justified enough to me. I can't believe he asked me to withdraw my negative evaluation... then again, given the number of "withdrawn fb" in his profile, well, I can.

Will keep you posted - Conclusion -AVOID AVOID AVOID

Cheers

Paul

Maybe only order stuff from him if it doesnt matter if it gets squashed... Like air. Or, ummmm.... tyres?

Maybe only order stuff from him if it doesnt matter if it gets squashed... Like air. Or, ummmm.... tyres?

Or perhaps his ego.

Can't believe the new changes to E-Bay feedback policy include buyers from ebay stores can only leave +ve.

I also bought some stuff off him - just a set of M-Chassis wheels for a cheap price and the shipping cost was reasonable too.

Package arrived and the wheels were fine but the packaging was poor and ripped - it was a wonder the pack of wheels hadn't fallen out.

He needs to get his act together where packaging is concerned or he will soon acquire -ve feedback and that will be the end of his ebay business.

Allright fellas - I need guidance here.

He left me negative feedback after I did likewise for him. Fine, I'm a big boy and I can take a hit, it's just the first negative feedback I'm getting.

Now - he's offering to mutually withdraw negative feedbacks, and he sends me a new lancia body.

On the one hand, yes, I'd like a new (free) toy to play with. And that means that he actually "fixed" part of the issue.

On the other hand, well, no need to be Eliott Ness to realize that this is tempting but borderline, as it means he will also keep delivering poor packaging to his customers and only count on a low "maintained complain rate" to manage his ratings

What would YOU do?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Even if Negative feedback wasnt involved I'd accept the body as long as you receive it prior to removing the feedback, otherwise you might just get another crushed body. At least this way your getting what you paid for, albeit after a bit of hassel. He has plenty of other -ve feedback to keep people wary. I was going to buy off him but this thread mde me decide not too.

Cheers

I've just ordered some TB01/TG10 long universals from him. I paid for registered mail so I'll see if the item has been posted as I have now asked for the tracking number.

Obviously you can only remove the feedback when the new body turns up undamaged.

I`ve looked at his parts a few times but his feedback has always put me off.

My first Transaction:

I bought a TRF 501X and paid for EMS on June 21, my Birthday. When it arrived I was surprised how small the box was. This guy sent my $400.00 kit in WRAPPING/Christmas PAPER and the kit box was destoyed, dented from transit. I told him he should have sent my kit in a BOX, his reply was "any parts damaged" and I replied "No but the kit box was damaged, you should have put the kit in a box". No response after that from him.

Pos. FB was left becuase he uses the Response system and my FB is perfect.

Above, Shodog said it best- "I think as long as you don't care about the box, you'll be fine ordering from him."

Second Transaction:

I just recently got some Titanium screws (paid for on Dec. 19) for my EVO IV from this guy, I could not find them anywhere else! I paid for reg. Air Mail (1-2 weeks) and it took over a month. His response after I emailed him was "wait longer, Holidays" WHAT?!? I wanted to leave bad FB but it did arrive..

Lesson Learned..

Will not deal with again!

Has anyone looked at his feedback, it is hilarious :( but some how he stays around 98%????

I need guidance here.

he's offering to mutually withdraw negative feedbacks, and he sends me a new lancia body.

What would YOU do?

Personally,

Accept the new body, remove -VE feedback, Mutually.. After replacement body arrives.

You've already told all us here, so I seriously doubt he'd get any TC members business again.

And tell anyone else who is considering buying RC parts off E-Bay to avoid this seller also.

Guys - thanks for the advice. He is being a pain again. Bedtime reading pasted below. My suggestions to you all is to

1- spread the word that this seller should be avoided

2- PLEASE post negative feedback when you're unhappy with the way you are treated. It surprised me to read above that some people still left him positive feedback, just to protect their own. Maybe if more people used the fb system as it's intended to, they would not have received a damaged item themselves either. Make yourself heard and protect the community and don't wimp out.

Let's see how far I can now push this person.

Enjoy the read - and avoid this guy

Paul

ME:

Hello - thanks for your email. Shall I understand that you are offering to send a new body to replace the damaged one due to poor packaging, and then I would remove negative feedback about you, you remove the one you posted about me, and it would show you do care about your customers in the end after all?

Let me know if I understood right.

Regards,

Paul

HIM:

Hello

yes, but I will list that body on ebay and you have to win it first, and please cancel the feedback, I will send it off then

ME:

Hello

thanks for your email - I am happy to consider this as a solution, as long as you send the body in a proper packaging first, and once I receive it, I then remove the negative feedback that was posted. I cannot afford to run the risk of receiving a second damaged, useless body. You do have my word that I will stick to my promise and remove the feedback if everything goes fine, though.

Regards,

Paul

HIM:

Tang Wing Kai <modelseller382@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: Hello

but you left it wiythout my response, so yu have to do somethign to offset the problem first, and I will do it very so and gige you the auction no and yuo have to win it

ME:

Hello

thanks for your email.

I think you have to first acknowledge there IS a problem here - my kit wasn't properly packaged and hence got damaged. The negative feedback is deserved. It is fair that I remove my negative feedback if you fix the issue - not the other way around.

You also have to see the big picture here - I am a long-time ebayer, but with no ambitions, I've done a hundred plus transactions in 9 years at most, but you are actually relying on your ebay sales activities to probably generate what looks like a salary. What I mean here is, I have no issue keeping a negative feedback from you in my feedback log, as I am a buyer in most cases, and this will not impact my relationship with other sellers as long as I pay in time (which I do). On the other hand, a poor reputation has a lot more consequences on your side as a seller, as you depend on your reputation to make money. In other words, you have much more to loose than me in this.

I also have one more feedback left to post for you regarding the beetle (which was just as poorly packaged as the lancia). I would recommend you do not underestimate the power of the internet to both help build a business, and bring it down if appropriate.

This is my last email where I explain that I am happy to remove the negative feedback I left for you, once I have received a properly packaged replacement lancia body. I will not spend more email time fighting for a $40 body.

Let me know your position.

Regards,

Paul

The guy's is a looser. Get what you can from him then ignore for the rest of forever. There are so many better sellers out there, and yes sometimes you may have to pay a buck or two more, but at least you will get it quickly and intact

shocking - I remember using a cheap seller frm HK for an Impreza 07, box was battered so wont be using him again something I mentioned in the feedback.

Personally I would take this to ebay or paypal as a possible claim because there is a clause I believe for the state of the item when it is delivered.

Best Wishes

Ryck

wow! It sounds like many of you had problems with the big parcel items.

I ordered from him a couple of small items - dogbones and a gearset, if I recall and it should have taken at most, a couple of weeks to arrive. 4 weeks later, still nothing so I emailed him and he advised me it was shipped with tracking. I asked him for a tracking number and he was so evasive to give it to me. I finally resorted to filing a pp claim, in which he finally gave PP the tracking # info.

Interestingly, the tracking number he gave to PP was indeed a valid tracking number, but it was for another buyer in the same city as myself.

Not so lucky for him though....as the fella who signed for it was not me - the name wasnt even close nor was the address. Once PP saw that, it was pretty much a case of awaiting for my refund.

The seller tried to fraudulently provide mis-information to PP.

He is a definately one seller to avoid.

I unfortunately have been waiting a month for something I ordered from this clown, and may never get it. I wish I had seen this article beforehand, but I will be filing a complaint and negative feedback very shortly.

Too bad there are so many vendors like this, but on the bright side, the TC community seems to have its own 'feedback' rating system, and this is it. Consider me warned, and I will also recommend others who treat me right in this forum as well.

Some bedtime reading for you fellow TC members... I'm beginning to have fun. I suspect that he cannot get some kind of Ebay "power seller" rating unless he has a certain positive FB rate... which he hasnt', hence his fight to have it removed.

Enjoy the read... and don't buy from this fella - and tell everyone else not to either.

Him:

Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 2:33:22 PM

Subject: 回覆: feedbacks

Tang Wing Kai <modelseller382@yahoo.com.hk> 說:

I really feel strange, I don't know if you have got my messgae about the transaction, so far, I can't make any communcation anymore, can you really email me or you can give me yuor email address for me to start the discussion. I hope you can email me back asap and settle the whole case

thanks

Me

Hello

thanks for your email, my inbox works perfectly but I don't have the energy to negotiate the situation with you any more, as announced initially.

again, here is a copy of the last one I send you about a week ago. I haven't changed my mind. If you want the negative feedback removed, you send a new body first, properly packaged.

I do not care about having negative feedback myself - you have a business to run, I don't as in most cases I am a buyer.

The ball is in your camp now - you know how to fix it... your call.

Thanks,

Paul

copy: thanks for your email - I am happy to consider this as a solution, as long as you send the body in a proper packaging first, and once I receive it, I then remove the negative feedback that was posted. I cannot afford to run the risk of receiving a second damaged, useless body. You do have my word that I will stick to my promise and remove the feedback if everything goes fine, though.

Paul

him:

----- Original Message ----

Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 4:16:32 PM

Subject: 回覆: Re: ?噼?嚗?feedbacks

if there is no time limit, i think I could do that, but only 15 days for me to clear it, it;s impossible and that's why i hope you can follow my plan. Honestly, not clear that , I can save much work and , but when yuo follow my plan, you could gte the new body and we could cancel our bad feedback, just taht , hope you cna understand waht i am doing and what i suggest are all good for the whole case

Me:

Hello

sorry if I sound like a broken record -

copy: thanks for your email - I am happy to consider this as a solution, as long as you send the body in a proper packaging first, and once I receive it, I then remove the negative feedback that was posted. I cannot afford to run the risk of receiving a second damaged, useless body. You do have my word that I will stick to my promise and remove the feedback if everything goes fine, though.

there are 60 days to remove neg feedback. I posted negative feedback for you a couple of weeks ago, there is at least one more month for you to fix the problem and send me a new body, properly package. Then, I will remove the feedback.

Do you want my postal address?

Regards,

Paul

Hey Paul- you go girlfriend!! Seriously this is quite entertaining now. Especially since his Ebay advert startes 3-5 working days for express delivery!