backtomyroots

Carbon Fiber Racing Twin Detonator Build.

Well, progress so far on a complete transformation of a Twin Detonator. I'm rebuilding this for the young fellas birthday this month. I think he's mastered the original so now it's time for a real truck ;) . So far:

• Carbon Fiber Chassis/Shock Towers by Carbon Tuning
  • New Traxxas Waterproof EVX-2 ESC
  • Traxxas High Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
  • Aluminum Steering Arms
  • 20 Tooth Pinions
  • Junfac Beadlock Rims
  • Imex Rubicon Tires
  • Traxxas T-Maxx Shocks
  • GPM CVD'S
  • Plus More Surprises.

The original chassis and electronics are pictured beside it. I can't wait to take it for a drive - also I just ordered two 4200 mah Intellect battery packs :) . Sweet.

post-8889-1202710850.jpg

post-8889-1202710859.jpg

post-8889-1202710870.jpg

post-8889-1202710878.jpg

post-8889-1202710889.jpg

nice...

There seems to be a sudden rush of 14.4v Daggers at the moment - I know I can't wait to get all the bits for mine...

With all these tasty twin-battery chassis arriving on TC I really don't know which one to go for, although I am very tempted by that nice aluminium racing chassis. Any link to the carbon chassis, or prices?

nice...

There seems to be a sudden rush of 14.4v Daggers at the moment - I know I can't wait to get all the bits for mine...

With all these tasty twin-battery chassis arriving on TC I really don't know which one to go for, although I am very tempted by that nice aluminium racing chassis. Any link to the carbon chassis, or prices?

The chassis, radio plate & shock towers were 80 euros plus 20 euros shipping. So a total of 100 euros. Shipped from Germany to Canada. Email here (but he only speaks German): carbon-tuning@gmx.com Ebay Seller ID: carbon-gmx

Website: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...en-GBCA246CA246 (Go to gallery then model-tuning). My wheels should be arriving today and I'll mount them up and post it. This should be a great ride.

There are some beautiful aluminum chassis kits as well - I plan on building another twin battery Dagger/Detonator using one in the future.

Ooooh! I really like this. There's a place in the US that makes a very similar chassis from carbon fiber. They are beautiful.

very nice mate,have you had it running yet?

Not yet. Still awaiting arrival of the Junfac Beadlocks, pinions & battery packs. Plus working on my Axial TCS X-TRail too. Richierich - got a link to that US based chassis ? Cheers.

Update - Update - Update !!

Okay - got some parts today. They are now installed. Added are Junfac 2.2 Beadlocks & RC4WD 2.2 Mud Slinger Tires :D . Still remaining to do:

• Install 20 tooth Pinions when they arrive
  • Install Servo Saver/Steering Linkage
  • Install Receiver
  • Install OFNA Aluminum Antenna Mount
  • Awaiting arrival of the 4200 nimh Intellect Battery Packs and plug adapters
  • Find a suitable body to paint & mount. Any suggestions ?

post-8889-1203035858.jpg

post-8889-1203035871.jpg

post-8889-1203035884.jpg

post-8889-1203035893.jpg

Did you just email the German guys for the carbon chassis. I can't see any prices on their website? Which one is pictured version 1 or 2?

Did you just email the German guys for the carbon chassis. I can't see any prices on their website? Which one is pictured version 1 or 2?

Sorry mate. Originally I contacted them through Ebay. They (or he ?) sell some great carbon fiber chassis items on there occasionally. The user name is: carbon-tuning. Then we exchanged emails from there. The email is: carbon-tuning@gmx.com I believe mine is Version #1.

It's coming along nicely Mr Roots, looks a whole lot tidier than mine, makes me feel like i should purchase a pack of cable ties :mellow: as far as shells go i think u should keep with a truck theme, maybe an 'Orange' Blackfoot shell, or metallic Pajero' ;)

It's coming along nicely Mr Roots, looks a whole lot tidier than mine, makes me feel like i should purchase a pack of cable ties ;) as far as shells go i think u should keep with a truck theme, maybe an 'Orange' Blackfoot shell, or metallic Pajero' :(

Thanks !

Update:

EVX-2 Sent back to Traxxas for repair (No Power)

Tamiya Double Blaze Body in the mail

Taiya King Blackfoot Chrome Roll Bar in the mail

Intellect 4600 mah battery packs in the mail (One of the 4200's lost in the mail so I upgraded :)).

Update. Today I installed the Tamiya 20 tooth pinions, trimmed the Double Blaze Body, mounted the Ofna aluminum antenna mount. Still outstanding:

*Body Paint - selected the Tamiya Gun Metal PS 23 (On Order @ LHS)

*Intellect 4600 mah batteries (On order - Ebay)

*Traxxas EVX-2 Returned to Traxxas as it was faulty (Hopefully will be sent back soon)

Almost done . . . . . . . . . . . .

post-8889-1204227074.jpg

post-8889-1204227082.jpg

post-8889-1204227089.jpg

Hey Root's,

U got round to painting that body yet?

I have a F 350 body on the way , n want to see what urs looks like before i get the paintbrush out! :D

Trucks lookin mint upto now !!!

Hey Root's,

U got round to painting that body yet?

Not yet - windows & bed are masked but hte Gun Metal PS Paint is on backorder at LHS :lol:. I think I may skip to a new colour - was thinking blue or red - will update when it's done. It is looking good, isn't it ! Can't wait to see it run.

that is very cool indeed, must admit i havnt got my wd yet but i do like the idea of the twin battery mod, see a couple of chassis i like :-) but the carbon on u have is very cool ;-)

Very nice BTMR, very nice. Any chance of running some battery packs. How fast does it go?

Fantastic! You've even managed to make the butt-ugly shell look good - I'm not sure if it's your paint scheme or some creative photography but whatever it is, I want some :lol:

We'll have to have a big UK meet for all these twin-batt daggers that have appeared suddenly :(

Fantastic! You've even managed to make the butt-ugly shell look good - I'm not sure if it's your paint scheme or some creative photography but whatever it is, I want some :D

We'll have to have a big UK meet for all these twin-batt daggers that have appeared suddenly ;)

Definitely the paint scheme AND my photography ;) !

Will the club cover my airfare to the UK from Canada ?

4wdmt: No performance reviews yet, waiting for the dynamite dual charger to arrive to charge up the batts !

We both have dual blaze and new E-maxxes. Let's have a bashfest this summer <_< .

We both have dual blaze and new E-maxxes. Let's have a bashfest this summer :) .

4wdmt - That may be an idea :rolleyes: . I tried last year or the year before to get some TC Members together but it failed - maybe you'll have better luck ! I just dropped my Spektrum Radio/Receiver into my E-Maxx - won't have any clashing channels - I'm ready to rock dude !