loaded

Which Bumper Should I Put On My Super Champ?

Boxart, Sand Rover or Sand Scorcher?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello again, its poll time...

...(hears sighs all over the world!)

OK, so you are probably mostly sick of my opinions, so there will be none of mine in here! I know what I prefer, but will not say...yet anyway!

Many of you have followed the thread on the Super Champ, whether it is an SRB. This thread is loosely connected, as I stated that I would build one to help either dispel my opinions, or confirm them.

This poll and the topic has nothing to do with that discussion, but the time has arisen to attach my bumper! I finished the Champ last night and as if by magic, a box of bumpers from J-Man arrived this morning (great work, J-man!)

Contained are Scorcher boxart bumpers and Sand Rover boxart bumpers (which I have already installed on my Holiday Buddy and Sand Rovers). I have some left over and tried them all for a fit on the Super Champ. Pictures here :

Super Champ Showroom entry

Also happy for comments in the showroom (I don't censor them at all, even if you think I'm a prat), but please vote on the bumpers here in the thread. I didn't put a black bumper on, perhaps I should have, but for now, consider the black as an alternative for the brown/grey (either/or) in other words, if you prefer black, just vote for the brown.

If you want to participate in the Super CHamp, is it an SRB debate, that is here:

Super Champ, is it an SRB debate

Thanks for looking and indulging me!

This is more and more fun every day ;-)

Paul.

I voted plastic bumper just because i like how they look on the car. :) Im not a big box art guy but i think it just looks nice.

You can just change them out when ever you feel like it :D

I know ;-) I just wanted to see what others thought, as it will stay in the showroom looking one way.

All the best, Paul.

I voted for the good old original plastic bumper, simply beacuse the other two look oversized on the SC (which is not an SRB, btw...) :D

-Lars

I voted for the good old original plastic bumper, simply beacuse the other two look oversized on the SC (which is not an SRB, btw...) :D

-Lars

Rotflmfao!

Nice one Lars, I think you managed to get that in without anyone noticing!

I actually like the ***edited by the moderators to avoid flaming*** bumper myself, as it is more accurate to the model.

Paul.

I`ve gone for the non SRB Scorcher box art bumper for the SRB Super Champ :D

I saw one in the showrooms ages ago(sorry,cant remember whose) and thought it looked right.

I voted for the sand rover bumper. I'm not a fan of the stocker and the SS boxart one looks funny without any supports going to the suspension uprights.

I voted original grey but i ment black,i would love a black one for my rough rider.

If you fit the grey one i'll buy yer black one if it's mint :)

Tim

What does Srb Actually mean? .

I never knew after all these years and i've owned a lot of them over the years.

So where better to ask??

I voted original grey but i ment black,i would love a black one for my rough rider.

If you fit the grey one i'll buy yer black one if it's mint :)

It's very easy to dye a grey one to black with some RIT dye. That's how I did the one on my SC

SRB means Special Racing Buggy, a term that Tamiya wrote on the side of boxes for both the Sand Scorcher and the Rough Rider. Additionally, you can find those words on the 'waterproof' radio crate found in both those models and the Ford Ranger. Despite not having this designation or the radio box, many people also refer to the Super Champ as an SRB, as it came with the SRB (Buggy) Bumper and shared many chassis attributes. The Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover also came with this bumper.

If you insist on dying bumpers, then use Dylon dye that needs to be warm. As you are in the UK, the other brand doesn't exist. Possibly the same product, but different brand name. There are other differences with the black bumper than just colour....

Nice to see your collection growing!

Kind regards, Paul.

PS : Shodog, I agree with you, the Sand Rover bumper looks best, but the vote for SRB bumper won, so its on :-)

MMMMM die eh,very clever.

Thanks Lads.

I was thinking after i posted whats an srb?,what could it be.?

I know of the special racing buggy being mentioned but never made the connection,doh!!

Now i know.

Thanks Loaded.

Tim