AirBoston

How Does One Join A Sig And Why?

I've noticed a few posts on SIGs and looked through some of them. Why would one join a SIG? How do you join?

Guest joelvardy

firstly to join a sig you need to be a subscriber (once logged in) visit the sig home page and you should see 'send an application'

The reason people join SIGs is so that you can group cars together, makes it easy for people looking for pictures of a certain model.

there are a few that have been set up for particular meeting places, so that anyone wanting pictures from that location can go to the SIG page and find them all.

Hope this has helped clear up your questions, Joel

I was recently invited to become part of one, and until that point, knew nothing about them. But I have applied and been accepted into one and for me I feel glad to be part of a group who have a particular interest. I guess is about showing that you have a specific focus within TamiyaClub itself. :lol:

(And I do feel proud to have my model listed next to those, which are truely exceptional!! :lol: )

Join - find the sig you want, and click join, U just need to pay ure 15 subs to be a full member that allows u to add stuff to your showroom.

Why - Well its groups your models, shows your interests and makes things easier for people to find all the stuff related to a certain genre/interest of model e.g. wrc, gt, le man, desert racing etc.

cheers

Ryck

Also, for the sigs relation to group meets, the SIG owner can email all members at one go with updates on meets.

Works for all sigs, but especially useful for group meets. Can also be used to offer spares / upgrades to other people who actually have the vehicle in question, rather than someone looking to make a quick buck on resale.

Steve

i have a further question on his subject i have tried to join SIGS in the past but have had no luck. i write an explaination of why i want to join but never seem to be allowed to join. please help i just want to be kept in the loop about the models i enjoy. many thanks.

Rob

i have a further question on his subject i have tried to join SIGS in the past but have had no luck. i write an explaination of why i want to join but never seem to be allowed to join. please help i just want to be kept in the loop about the models i enjoy. many thanks.

Rob

The only thing I can suggest, is try to contact the member listed at the top of the list. That should be the sig owner.

The question is whether you have models which suit the sig (as that is what it is esigned for). If you have, post a link in the message you send via the join button. If you don't have a vehicle which suits the sig, then in theory you shouldn't be able to join it

Hope that helps a bit

Steve

I have tried three times to join the Lunchbox SIG - twice through the SIG application and once by contacting the top member - all with no response at all :)

The Lunchbox SIG owner is no longer a subscribed member, so can no longer add anyone to the SIG.

The Lunchbox SIG owner is no longer a subscribed member, so can no longer add anyone to the SIG.

Hmmm..... could this be why I have had no replies to my applications to join "the old school" SIG ? Has Chris (Netsmith) forgotten to pay his subs? :)

Guest joelvardy

I think if there is a member that is not resubscribing that runs a SIG you can ask Chris to make someone else the leader. But you will have to ask. I think it has been done in the past

I wouldnt mind taking over ownership of the SIG - how do I go about that? Can you help Terry?

Sorry, can't help there, it requires Chris to do that. I'll try and contact him and see if he can sort it. You could set up another SIG though and invite the members of the old one.

Sorry, can't help there, it requires Chris to do that. I'll try and contact him and see if he can sort it. You could set up another SIG though and invite the members of the old one.

I'll wait and see if Chris can change it - that would be much easier...