pagedm_f350

Tamiya R/c Collection 2000 Cd - Found It While Cleaning Up

Cool, I was going through some boxes of hobby stuff setting up my new workspace and found this CD, I forgot I had it.

I bought it at a hobby shop in Hong Kong while there for work about 5-6 years ago, it cost me $2.50 :(

Do you think it is worth anything as a collectors item?

tamiya_cd01.jpg

It has videos, views and hop up part listings for 33 cars of the time, plus footage from the Tamiya World Cup 1999, It was fun to watch again.

I was thinking of posting the videos on YouTube, there is no copyright info or markings on the CD so I think that would be ok. I may even be able to host an ISO image of the CD somewhere if someone would like a copy. What do you think?

tamiya_cd02.jpg

Here is a list of cars included straight off the inside front cover, the ones listed multiple times are the different chassis variants e.g. Nitro, 1/8 etc:

Lexus GS 400

Raybrig NSX

Subaru Impreza WRC'99

Rover Mini Cooper Racing

Toyota Corrolla WRC

Calsonic Skyline GT-R

Subaru Impreza WRC '99

Mad Bison

King Tiger

Subaru Impreza WRC

Toyota Corrolla WRC

Calsonic Skyline GT-R

Porsche 911 GT1 '98 LM Winner

Wild Dagger

Castrol Mugen NSX

Suzuki WagonR RR

McLaren Mercedes MP4/13

Honda S2000

Lexus IS200

Pennzoil Nismo GT-R

BMW M Roadster

Ford Focus WRC

Wild Willy 2

Mercedes CLK-GTR Original-Teile

Alfa Romeo 156 Racing

Stadium Raider

Audi R8R

Toyota Celica

Peugeot 206 WRC

Lexus GS 400

Toyota GT-One TS020 '99

Raybrig NSX '99

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI WRC

That looks like a nice "wannehave" ,

maybe you could make a torrent file off it ?

< cough.. en post it here >

with a couple of members hosting it, it's distribution could go fast.

And, no.. i have no idea how to do this, only know how to download them :(

Stefan

When I get home tonight I will look into what is involved in creating a torrent, I am not sure about how the trackers work, otherwise I might be able to find an FTP server to use.

Watch this space!

I've got one of those cd's too!!

Very nice it is too, shame Tamiya stopped making them, might be worth something as a collectors item one day

AFAIK the year 2000 cd was the last one made, probably wouldn't be difficult to make direct copies as it's CD based

so something like NERO/ROXIO would be fine

Even though it's probably illegal to copy it!!

AH, Cool!!!

I got the 2000 R/C Collection and 2001 Catalogue CD ROM free at the TCS, I raced both years.. I watch the 2000 periodically to this day :lol: . It is funny seeing a very young Marc Rheinhard running a mini Cooper, the F1 races, and Surikarn (Mod) run in the 1999 TCS finals..

Any chance of anyone putting these cds on the torrents . I would love to see them.

Any chance of anyone putting these cds on the torrents . I would love to see them.

I am not a computer guy to say the least, I wish I was. BTW what is the torrents. It is must see for a Tamiyaphille.. Can anyone else do this?? Come on, help 'Dazza1' out...

I am not a computer guy to say the least, I wish I was. BTW what is the torrents. It is must see for a Tamiyaphille.. Can anyone else do this?? Come on, help 'Dazza1' out...

Thanks high flyer. You could always make a few copies and sell them to us.

Even though it's probably illegal to copy it!!

I have searched the CD contents and CD covers and I cannot find a single copyright notice anywhere, so I think it will be fine....

Sorry, I had a busy weekend, I will setup a torrent and post it here tomorrow morning, I just have to set aside a PC to leave running so you can all get it.

Daniel

Cool, couple of guys leaving it running for a while,

should be good to get it to everybody :D

Stefan

OK, I am pretty sure I have the torrent working now, give it a try and let me know if it doesn't work.

I will seed it from work for a few weeks, if you guys do the same we should get enough copies out there to make it pretty fast.

One thing I did notice, after a windows media update the other day on one of my computers the built in viewer for the CD content has an error but you can still watch all the videos by opening the files in the root directory of the CD. Oddly enough the CD still works fine on my other computers, I have no idea why, good luck!

I can't upload the torrent file to the forum, it won't let me, so get it here:

RC2000

cool, thanks :D

I have put in in the download, when completed will do the same.

( and keep it online while at home )

Quite a quick upload you have i might add !

Stefan

I am downloading the file now thanks chaps. Am happy to transfer it to my desktop PC and seed it via BitComet but I have no idea how to do this. I am fine seeding stuff that's been downloaded to my PC (BitComet does this automatically for me) but no idea how to seed this file once I transfer it to the desktop PC. Suggestions...?

Thanks for sharing this cd, It finished downloading sometime in the night. Just got to remember how to burn an iso :)

AAARGH! All these crazy words mean nothing to me!

A 'torrent' is alot of rain

A 'seed' grows!

PLEASE can someone post an Idiot (me) "how to" guide?!

Ta

Thanks for sharing this cd, It finished downloading sometime in the night. Just got to remember how to burn an iso :)

Nero burns ISOs directly

AAARGH! All these crazy words mean nothing to me!

A 'torrent' is alot of rain

A 'seed' grows!

PLEASE can someone post an Idiot (me) "how to" guide?!

Ta

3 easy steps, others may differ on the torrent client to use but this will get you started quickly:

1. Download and install uTorrent (uTorrent.com)

2. Download the RC2000.torrent file from the link on this topic

3. Open the RC2000.torrent file with uTorrent

There are a few small settings to deal with but from that point you will be able to "get the hang of it" from reading the FAQ on the uTorrent web site. , Oh and welcome to the underground....... :o