akemag

Cayenne Xb Performance. Make Me Want One!

I really like the looks of the XB Cayenne. I have a Hummer which i have used different gearings with a SUperstock RZ. It was very fast but had a tendency to flip over cornering.

Id like to think that the lexan body of the Cayenne is less prone to roll over, and should be lighter and faster also.

Let me know what your rides are like!

I really like the looks of the XB Cayenne. I have a Hummer which i have used different gearings with a SUperstock RZ. It was very fast but had a tendency to flip over cornering.

Id like to think that the lexan body of the Cayenne is less prone to roll over, and should be lighter and faster also.

Let me know what your rides are like!

If they ever released the Cayenne in kit form I would be all over it. It would be cool to have a Tamiya version of my SUV, I already have a Tamiya version of my car :o

Hi,

well maybe the TA01-Chassis will flip over not so easy with a lighter body on it. Admittedly I ran my Tamiya M1025 with a Novak SS5800 and never flipped it over. I just added a gyro later, because when the car lost control in high speeds, it was not able to compensate it. With a gyro I could even turn on the steering as mad and it was under control. If you add tyres with more grip than the stock HMMWV ones or the ones from the Cayenne (Honda CR-V tyres), well then I guess it will have a greater tendency to flip over, especially with a heavy body on it.

Cheers

Martin

If they ever released the Cayenne in kit form I would be all over it. It would be cool to have a Tamiya version of my SUV, I already have a Tamiya version of my car :o

There's a kit coming from the cayenne.

Yes agreed, as far as Im aware there is a kit version coming.

As for the stability arguments, yes it will be more stable than a hummer due to the lower weight of the lexan bodyshell sitting high up.

However there would be more you can do with regards to the setup and widening/lowering the car. U might get some ideas in the following thread of mine

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37294

best wishes

Ryck

There's a kit coming from the cayenne.

I want one now :) When is it due out by?

What chassis is this based on?

Sorry to the OP for cutting in here :)

Up until recently, I worked for a Tamiya distributor, and I was quite chuffed, when I found out there was going to be a build up version.

Not having to live with blacked out glass!.. Who hoo :)

Id really like one, but then again the new FJ40 seems nice. And is a hole new thing for me. I could get both. I was thinking of the Cayenne with speed tuned gears and a SuperStock RZ.

Hmmm...