Sign in to follow this  
lentner3

These Motors

EMAX CF2812 Outrunner Brushless Motor

anyone know if these will do my dualhunter?

theres some on the flea bay ending soon but not sure about sizes etc.

please advise

Not sure if you have any brushless experience, but on an outrunner the can of the motor spins around the stator instead of the stator spinning inside the can.

Secondly, that motor is for airplanes and it's max rpm is 11000. It also has a mount on the back of the motor instead of the front of the can like our car motors. THe 540 sized motors atr roughly 45mm, that motor you listed is 22mm long x 10mm wide.

No, they won't work.

http://www.xushobby.com/servlet/Detail?no=192

no i got no idea about brushless motors, on the uction it stated they were for 1/10 r.c. cars???/ care to explain/?

if not thanks anyway!

what should i be looking for?

People are using brushless outrunners from planes in crawler trucks, but can't say if these items are any good for the job.

In most instances, the shaft swaps over easily, see my friend Tzi's how to HERE!.

The shafts are either going to 3mm or 5mm, so pinions will be not a slip on jobby. With a 3mm shaft, you need to wrap it in aluminum foil to shim them.

The ones T sells, perform like a 55 turn, with bags more torque and control.

stop all the mucking around trying to fit outrunner BLs to RC cars... buy a 540-size dropin-fit system and save the headaches

stop all the mucking around trying to fit outrunner BLs to RC cars... buy a 540-size dropin-fit system and save the headaches

AGREED!

Big established BL names are like Novak, LRP, Nosram... they've also started offering sport/budget BLs.

Or there's always Mamba Max from Castle Creations, usually the cheapest available dropin unit for RC cars.

There's some newcomers like from Speedpassion Exige and not forgetting the Traxxas Velineon too.

They are all 540-sized with same 2 holes for mounting and same sized shaft for pinion.

There is nothing more annoying than a non-standard shaft.

EMAX CF2812 Outrunner Brushless Motor

anyone know if these will do my dualhunter?

theres some on the flea bay ending soon but not sure about sizes etc.

please advise

Never heard of it :lol: