Sign in to follow this  
thorpe12000

What Is A Good, Fast Motor?

Just wondering what would be a good motor to run in a TT-01. i am runnin on a 22t pinion and 58t gear. I want a fast one that will be good on the batteries, good acceleration + top speed, realatively cheap and low maintenance. At the mo i have a Yokomo pro stock ll 19turn but doesn't seem all that great. Any suggestions would be great. cheers

Well, there are many motors but what is your ESC rated at for a LIMIT-12T, 15T or no limit??? That is very important to know because a motor that has a higher Turn than what the ESC can handle would get "FRIED"..

if you're gunna be buying a new ESC, might as well take the plunge and buy a Brushless system! (ESC + motor)

Something like the Novak XBR 8.5 or any MambaMax system works well with TT01, use the 19/58 gears.

I want a fast one that will be good on the batteries, good acceleration + top speed, realatively cheap and low maintenance.

the black can sport tuned 23 turn is as low maintenance as you can get, plus it's easy on the batteries however it's hard to gauge what you're looking for in acceleration just by knowing gearing alone. are you running the silver can now? what's the output gear on the Yokomo? Bear in mind that 19 turns in the Yokomo won't be the same as 19 turns in the TT-01. Have you tried the 19 turn in the TT-01? You might want to try that to see how that runs and if you need more, try 15 turns. if it's just right get another 19 turn.... it's all about experimentation....

Also, what esc are you using? I only mention this because the TEU-101 only supports 23 turns. let's make sure you don't cook any hardware in the process ;)

I am using a 12t ESC Dynamite Tazer. I have seen a Trinity Komodo Dragon which looks good. Any ideas? it needs to be 19t because of the club limit.

From a technical perspective, the Komodo dragon is a nice motor. solder it up, break it in. good speed and torque. it even has an integrated board with capacitors on top of the endbell. no more messy caps to solder or get in the way!