Sign in to follow this  
loaded

Getting Tired Of Moderators

Whatever anybody does, don't lock this thread or take it to PM, the entertainment value is priceless.

There are a few people, some who I quite respect, weighing in to this thread with unnecessarily harsh criticism though.

I do tend to lean towards Loaded's position here... a little. I'm the first to admit I think the forum rules are unnecessarily restrictive (not a Club member, can't comment). I mention this because it may influence my objectivity and others need to know this.

Ultimately I do think Loaded's trade item contravened the letter of the rules. However, and perhaps more importantly I don't believe he controverted the spirit of the rules, and this my community I feel is far more important. There seems to be no intent on Loaded's part and without material consequence was the deletion justified? Perhaps under the letter but surely not the spirit of a friendly community? Even criminal law has a factor of tolerance built in. Serial repeat offenders, those that demonstrate intent to disrupt or disobey or those that cause material consequence BE GONE, for the others, those that make a contribution, seem to live largely within the rules and ultimately ADD value to the site, surely there can be some subjectivity applied to the application of the rules?

Who knows?

As Loaded points out the rules are at best unclear, at worst ambiguous, they need to be updated. When they're being updated consideration should be given to a new form of moderation that perhaps provides notification and a vehicle for discussion with a Mod before the post is unilaterally deleted?

However "private" this site is, by paying a registration or membership fee individuals do actually "buy" some rights that can't simply be dismissed.

Nobody is 100% "right" or "wrong" here IMHO, TWINSET and Loaded are both making some valid points.

I neither agree nor disagree with the validity of the removal of the item being discussed here, if it broke the rules it was removed, and Loaded should just accept that; I would do the same if one of my posts was removed. After all, it's not a big deal and there's more things in life to worry about.

But I'd like to second Lemming's comment, and give respect to Loaded for making an unreserved public apology for the way he handled the situation - you don't often see that in a post like this.

I agree 100% with Paul... And this gets on my nerves..

CLEAROUT - BEETLE BODY SHELLS

petercabrio 10

CLEAROUT - VW Splt screen Camper on M01 chassis

petercabrio 49

CLEAROUT - M04 chassis Beetle - New Built

petercabrio 49

CLEAROUT - My Last M02L Chassis

petercabrio 29

Should surely by your rules be listed under one...! or should it...

Now, there's an easy solution to this argument. Get rid of the trades on the front page!! Create a structured trades section, where you need to physically search to see whats been listed. You'd stop a lot of these problems straight away! As it currently stands MOST people will only look to see whats on the front page or the first whole page in the trades. What about the wanted items I posted a year ago? No one ever seems to come across those! Change it, make it a search only based system and get the rules re-defined. While im venting the build up of pressure....this is Tamiyaclub - right? T - A - M - I - Y - A club.? ie not Kyosho club, or mardave club or associated club for that matter?? Several times i've been on lately and its all non Tamiya stuff...

Onwards and upwards as they say....

I agree 100% with Paul... And this gets on my nerves..

CLEAROUT - BEETLE BODY SHELLS

petercabrio 10

CLEAROUT - VW Splt screen Camper on M01 chassis

petercabrio 49

CLEAROUT - M04 chassis Beetle - New Built

petercabrio 49

CLEAROUT - My Last M02L Chassis

petercabrio 29

Should surely by your rules be listed under one...! or should it...

Now, there's an easy solution to this argument. Get rid of the trades on the front page!! Create a structured trades section, where you need to physically search to see whats been listed. You'd stop a lot of these problems straight away! As it currently stands MOST people will only look to see whats on the front page or the first whole page in the trades. What about the wanted items I posted a year ago? No one ever seems to come across those! Change it, make it a search only based system and get the rules re-defined. While im venting the build up of pressure....this is Tamiyaclub - right? T - A - M - I - Y - A club.? ie not Kyosho club, or mardave club or associated club for that matter?? Several times i've been on lately and its all non Tamiya stuff...

Onwards and upwards as they say....

Getting rid of trades on the front page wouldn't solve much; there'd still be a list somewhere, and there'd still be benefits to being at the top of it.

I don't see a problem with the way those trades are listed.

One ad for several beetle shells

One ad for a complete car with a VW Camper shell*

One ad for a complete car with a beetle shell*

One ad for a rolling chassis

*If the complete car was relisted as a shell and a chassis within 14 days, then there would be grounds for deletion.

If you're wanting ads deleted just because they have a less than tenuous connection then noone would be able to list more than one Tamiya item in any fourteen day period, if you extended it to it's ultimate conclusion.

At the end of the day, the traderooms are moderated, and it's down to the moderator's take on the situation as to what decision is made.

Some people will agree, some will not. If everyone did agree, there'd be no need for moderation, but as this topic has shown, there is no 100% agreement about the issue.

While im venting the build up of pressure....this is Tamiyaclub - right? T - A - M - I - Y - A club.? ie not Kyosho club, or mardave club or associated club for that matter?? Several times i've been on lately and its all non Tamiya stuff...

Mate.... it's TamiyaClub as a focus. Model numbers, manuals, etc etc ... foucs is on Tamiya. It's not JUST Tamiya. never has been. This has come up so many times before, but it never seems to sink in - TamiyaClub is as much Tamiya only as Greco-Roman wrestling is only competed in by Greeks and Italians.

Widen your scope mate, there's heaps of great non-Tamiya out there.

Alex

You drive a Holden.... let's not talk about YOUR taste...

Geez mate, that a bit rough. Whats wrong with Holden.

I can only imagine what would have happened if Corpse Thrower had said something bad about Schumacher.... LOL..

Cheers

Geez mate, that a bit rough. Whats wrong with Holden.

I can only imagine what would have happened if Corpse Thrower had said something bad about Schumacher.... LOL..

Cheers

Good old Corpsey can't spell Schumacher.... but I'm CERTAIN he can say bad things....

That's about 200 beers I owe him....

Alex

a certain admin here doesn't even drive his Tamiya :)

Now you're picking on the guy who owns and runs the site????? Matey....... only place with shakier ground is directly above the San Andreas.....

Good old Corpsey can't spell Schumacher.... but I'm CERTAIN he can say bad things....

That's about 200 beers I owe him....

Alex

I can spell spewmucker just fine thank you.

Nothing wrong with Holdens mate. Care for a bit of a run down the blacktop at Calder? Come on....I'll line you up! :)

Jesus will you all calm down, i thought i'd add my 2p worth as i seem to be a long standing member on here now lol. As all the people who were posting on here when i joined seemed to have to left and moved onto pasture new or just grown up :)

As far as i can see it, we all go by the rules, rules are rules which are set and enforced for moderators. Now i cant see this being an easy job, and likeable one (personally) but at the end of the day they do it for free (if not can i apply ;o) ) now i have yet to receive any moderator warnings or messages, but yeah i think overall they do a decent job in certain bad situations, and yeah maybe at times they could interpret things wrong (for mind reading - beginners level search learn direct, i'm sure they could help) or maybe over step the ever so fine line of correct and incorrect posting but for god sake, why all the hostility????? Just accept what they have stated and get on with it.

Could the people just not wait 2 weeks and then repost there items?

Were all here to have fun share findings and all appreciate the hobby as fun, wheres the fun gone? have people been putting something in the water?

I can remember needing parts for a runner and so top bloke sent me some tapped to the back of a christmas card for free? where have these times gone?

I myself am in it for the fun of the hobby, i help people as much as i can, if i've got it then people usually get it for what i paid or for free (depending on the mrs)

I can see people getting so fed up of each other, then posts will drop, the showroom will grind to a halt and there will only be a few people left.

Can we not just bite the bullet and get one with having fun. (i've heard tesco have a sale on 1 litre fun juice, and 1kg bags of all get along nicely powder)

Much love to yall

Rev Steviedee

Alex, Tony.

Pack in the bickering, or we'll have to start moderating :)

While im venting the build up of pressure....this is Tamiyaclub - right? T - A - M - I - Y - A club.? ie not Kyosho club, or mardave club or associated club for that matter?? Several times i've been on lately and its all non Tamiya stuff...
An unfortunate choice of title due to Chris only having Tamiyas in his collection at the time he started the site. This site is dedicated to VINTAGE R/C cars of all kinds, so a Kyosho Optima or an RC10 is more relevant to the site than a Tamiya TT-01, Durga or High Lift.

You might also notice the manuals listing includes a lot of Schumacher ones as well :o

Alex, Tony.

Pack in the bickering, or we'll have to start moderating :(

Thanks a lot Alex now you got us in trouble! :)

Wait till recess....you're getting dacked and poled! ;):(

Thanks a lot Alex now you got us in trouble! :)

Wait till recess....you're getting dacked and poled! ;):(

I have no idea what that means, but it makes me laugh!

Thanks a lot Alex now you got us in trouble! :(

Wait till recess....you're getting dacked and poled! :(:(

oi meathead, stop bashing up the nerd :)

why don't you two just go online and whinge just like the other geeks?? ;)

oi meathead, stop bashing up the nerd :)

why don't you two just go online and whinge just like the other geeks?? ;)

Ouch.... on so many levels!

Ouch.... on so many levels!
But not as painful as the original suggestion ;)

I have no idea what that means, but it makes me laugh!

Well.....

Dacking is basically waiting for a bunch of girls to walk past in the schoolyard and then pulling down his pants.....

Poling is much more technical. You need three people foe a successful poling. The subject, and two other people, who will carry out said operation.

The subject is pushed to the ground, the two other people grab a foot each, and run (dragging the subject) towards a pole (goalposts work very well).

Both people run past the pole still holding a foot each, one each side of it, and the desired result is achieved! ;)

If the poling is carried out on a schoolyard oval or grassy section, a combined "Greenbum" and poling is achieved.

Well.....

Dacking is basically waiting for a bunch of girls to walk past in the schoolyard and then pulling down his pants.....

Poling is much more technical. You need three people foe a successful poling. The subject, and two other people, who will carry out said operation.

The subject is pushed to the ground, the two other people grab a foot each, and run (dragging the subject) towards a pole (goalposts work very well).

Both people run past the pole still holding a foot each, one each side of it, and the desired result is achieved! :lol:

If the poling is carried out on a schoolyard oval or grassy section, a combined "Greenbum" and poling is achieved.

oooooof sounds like one way of controlling teenage pregnancy i guess

If I might just interrupt this very interesting, albeit slightly off topic conversation for a moment (seeing as the moderators haven't seen fit to do it) and direct it back to the question in hand?

In order to make things a little easier for Tamiyaclub.com and until either I come round to their way of thinking, or the rules (and more importantly their interpretation and application) get changed, I have removed all my pesky little adverts from the web pages. Don't thank me all at once ;-)

Who knows, if everyone starts doing this, perhaps there won't be any more annoying adverts to edit, delete or generally make a fuss about and then we can all sleep soundly and eBay stock will start to rise again.

This of course has nothing to do with the fact that I listed a Porsche 959 NIB (incomplete) on my showroom today and not 5 minutes passed before Andy/Twinset decided that it was a sale, he knocked it off the homepage and sent me a somewhat terse email reminding me that if I wanted to sell things from my showroom I should list them as trades. The fact is that the item wasn't a trade. I simply mentioned at the end of the text that if anyone desperately wanted a part from this I might consider talking about it, as on my homepage it clearly states that I am not prepared to sell anything unless it is in my trades. Some people's homepage states that anything is for sale at the right price, but I didn't want wholesale email spamming! This will have to now be edited to read 'If you want to buy anything of mine it will go on eBay as Tamiyaclub.com trades area is not a credible alternative. I don't imagine the members will benefit much from this, but hey, who cares about members, as long as we have the rules.

Wooohahahaha!

Now if you really must, you can go back to Antipodean (is that word insulting? I hope not, PM me if it is, I will edit it happily, you know me, never want to cause a fuss!) squabbles about Holden/Vauxhalls and dacking and poling, as I am sure it is far more interesting than anything I have to say about the topic in hand.

Paul.

If I might just interrupt this very interesting, albeit slightly off topic conversation for a moment (seeing as the moderators haven't seen fit to do it) and direct it back to the question in hand?

In order to make things a little easier for Tamiyaclub.com and until either I come round to their way of thinking, or the rules (and more importantly their interpretation and application) get changed, I have removed all my pesky little adverts from the web pages. Don't thank me all at once ;-)

Who knows, if everyone starts doing this, perhaps there won't be any more annoying adverts to edit, delete or generally make a fuss about and then we can all sleep soundly and eBay stock will start to rise again.

This of course has nothing to do with the fact that I listed a Porsche 959 NIB (incomplete) on my showroom today and not 5 minutes passed before Andy/Twinset decided that it was a sale, he knocked it off the homepage and sent me a somewhat terse email reminding me that if I wanted to sell things from my showroom I should list them as trades. The fact is that the item wasn't a trade. I simply mentioned at the end of the text that if anyone desperately wanted a part from this I might consider talking about it, as on my homepage it clearly states that I am not prepared to sell anything unless it is in my trades. Some people's homepage states that anything is for sale at the right price, but I didn't want wholesale email spamming! This will have to now be edited to read 'If you want to buy anything of mine it will go on eBay as Tamiyaclub.com trades area is not a credible alternative. I don't imagine the members will benefit much from this, but hey, who cares about members, as long as we have the rules.

Wooohahahaha!

Now if you really must, you can go back to Antipodean (is that word insulting? I hope not, PM me if it is, I will edit it happily, you know me, never want to cause a fuss!) squabbles about Holden/Vauxhalls and dacking and poling, as I am sure it is far more interesting than anything I have to say about the topic in hand.

Paul.

So your level of professionalism demands PMs as you have stated in other posts, but when I send you one about a trade in your showroom, it goes straight to forums?

You really need to clarify the situation chap,I'm getting a little confused.

If the description was so obviously not a trade, why edit/delete it and then start a discussion about it?

For the record (great phrase) here's the description;

SHOWROOM DESCRIPTION:

This was a NIB Porsche, with the blister already cut. So I donated parts to my 959s and gave/sold a few bits to friends. It is still mostly complete, main missing items from the blister are the Speed Controller and Prop shaft. there are some Celica parts in the box too. If you see anything you desperately need, drop me a line, as I am not attached in particular to anything here. Note the box is missing the Porsche Badge on the top.

I took that to be a trade ad I'm afraid, and sent the following vicious, terse mail;

Hi Paul

If you wish to sell items through your showroom, please make sure the 'item is for sale' box is ticked.

I've ticked it for you on this one.

Cheers Andy

As for;

Do you want moderation or not?

I'm not sure which side of the fence you're on

It would seem you're all for it so long as it goes in your favour