Sign in to follow this  
akemag

How Fast Is A Highlift Vs A Bruiser?

I havent got any real reference speedwise on the new High Lifts. The Bruiser had "speeds in the range of the popular Grasshopper" if i remember the promofilm correctly. Since the Bruiser had a 750motor, it should i guess have an advantage over a 540 High Lift.

If anyone was bored with alot of time on their hands, id like to see a Hilux/High Lift going past the camera in different gears. I have never seen this i think.

umm.. Bruiser running 6V or 7.2V battery? :)

don't forget the big brick is only 5c 6.0V but the Mounty uses 7.2V stickpacks

I suspect the oldie will be faster than Hilift if both were running 7.2V :o

it is scarily fast in top gear (and about as directionally stable as a Hornet)

I tell you what,

your on!

I'm home all today (mothers day and all) so I'll get a pack charged and get the camera out, and film both trucks in action.

The bruiser is faster than a highlift in 3rd gear. Its quite scary to have one at full speed. :)

I tell you what,

your on!

I'm home all today (mothers day and all) so I'll get a pack charged and get the camera out, and film both trucks in action.

The bruiser is faster than a highlift in 3rd gear. Its quite scary to have one at full speed. :o

Thats great :)

I REALLY appreciate it!!!

Comparing stock to stock the bruiser is faster because of the larger diameter tires. While the motor is bigger in the bruiser, that didn't mean it was faster. It just had the torque to move those tires. But in the end, since the hilift uses a standard 540, the sky is the limit when it comes to speed. Drop a 4.5 novak brushles system in and see how fast it will go.

Couple of nice trucks you got there, And if you are feeling really brave i dare you to try and drive across that main road without looking!!!

No Don't ;)

I just looked, great work mmbib! Now i really want a 3speeder...

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Magnus "akemag" Akerstrom

Nice vid. But the bruiser needs more room to make it up to full speed.

Cheers guys.

The Bruiser is ball raced, with the stock 750 motor and an ESC. Its running with a 7.2 volt pack. I'd just whipped the motor off and greased the pinion before this run, so it was sounding very quiet.

The high lift is ball raced but has a 21 turn motor. Though the battery was slightly down when filming it, so it can go slightly faster. But - the speed it was doing in this video is still quicker than a stock high lift.

seemed like your highlift had better acceleration than the older 3spd. Might be better gearing, might be the weight of the older rig.

My blazing blazer with geolandars is faster than my bruiser, must be the 540 and spur gearing in the blazer.

The bruiser doesn't look that much faster, but if it wasn't going at full speed that's nice! :lol: And maybe if you want the old speed with the new chassis, you can always customize things to put a vintage gearbox and motor onto a new chassis (or is it too complicated to work properly in that way)?