Hi, im new obviously. I got my Jeep when i was a little kid and me and my dad put it together then i did what all kids do with RC cars....I destroyed it. We bought two bodies for it when i first got it a "practice" body then one to do up nice. But after a ran it a while and it didnt work anymore i just put it in my closet and forgot about it. Well i just dug it out not knowing anything about it to see what it would take to fix it and found the following these XC's have quite the following however I am very dissapointed to find that parts to repair/restore it are impossible to find. As it sits to even make the chassis run again it needs a "upright" the spindle thing that steers it, and the end that goes onto the upright to steer it, right now it just has the threaded steering shaft sticking out. Next is that i have no battery for it anymore. Then finally the hex's on the back of the rims are broken, i know its a heart breaker since thier the coveted "bronze cross hatch Jeep rims". With all that the chassis should be good to go. Then on to the body, like i said i have 2 body shells for it, a virgin un-painted never used one then a destroyed duct taped together one. My problem there is that when we moved i lost the body parts for it. All i had on my practice body was the glass and the front piece that mounts it. Stuff i lost was the lights, stickers, fake spare tire...its a good thing i didnt put those on the body :blink:. So my questions are this, is there any place I can get the pieces im missing to make my XC right? Is the Jeep body too rare to even bother trying to find the parts for or should i just sell it and put the money towards a complete body that will fit on the XC chassis? Whats the best battery for this (it has whatever motor came in the kit). Im not too worried about making it all "original" im not the "numbers matching" restorer kind of person. Is there any bigger tires i can put on it, or aftermarket rims that dont cost as much as finding originals. Im not too particular about the stock rims anyway. If i do sell the body shell how much is it worth? it has never been used on the truck or painted but i cut the bars out of it that go across the windows and stuff. Thats all i can think of now but im sure ill think of more as i get responses.

Wow, I am sure you will get many offers from members to buy it, it sounds almost like you are not too fussed with it, maybe the best idea to sell it to a hard core restorer.

As for parts you can find parts for the XC - CC01 chassis quite easily on ebay, there are also still many VW Touareg's out there, you could buy one of those and have every part you need accept for the bodywork. Also Tamiya has re released the Pajero Metaltop on that chassis.

So you have plenty of options to restore or replace the chassis. For just a shelf queen then the hexes on the original wrangler wheels won't be a big deal.

If all you want is a runner and you partularly like that chassis then get the re release Pajero or a Touareg and sell your Wrangler to a collector.

Any chance of posting some pics?

sell the body

In a few months Tamiya is re-releasing the pajero and put the money towards that keeping your chassis for spares

If you try to ''restore''that body expect to pay big $$$. More than the re-release pajero whole kit.

ok, i searched through all my stuff and took a bunch of pictures. I have a lot of spare parts but i also have a original Clod Buster and i don't know which parts go to the jeep and which ones go to that. I took pictures of all that little stuff too to see if any of you know where it goes. I have one battery and i still have a pretty decent charger so that mystery is taken care of. As far as the body parts i think i found everything except the decals. I know you guys would love to have a mint wrangler body with all the accessories but honestly what else would i need to make it work for me. ill post all the pics i have later when i get a chance to re-size them all and host them somewhere. I also have some aftermarket Grave digger body and a sheet of decals for that but my brother tried to paint it and messed it all up so i dont know if that would be worth anything to anybody. Its just a generic thin plastic shell, there was a brand name on the paper work for it but i forgot what it was. As for selling it, my dad bought it for me when i was a little kid so if there is a way i can use it and have it look right without spending a fortune i would rather keep it. Now that i found the body parts that is looking a little more feasible too.

ive been watching videos on youtube and i think i might just fix up the clod buster to thrash instead of the XC jeep. Im in a car club here in Michigan and the idea was to have a sweet RC to drive around and show off while we walk around at our hangout talking to people from other clubs and stuff and to a bunch of car guys with no ties to the RC world the giant Clod Buster would be much more impressive than a model Jeep Wrangler. Plus i wouldnt run the risk of destroying the wrangler and the Clod is already pretty beat up so i would be really worried about that. The Clod doesnt work though and i have no idea where to start trouble shooting as i have never worked on a RC before. I do have 2 years of electronics training and three years of automotive training though so if anyone knows where i could scrounge up some diagrams and such to trouble shoot the Clod Buster i think i could handle the repair. Even just a generic description or diagram of the operation of all the parts in a RC, ie: "the board that looks like ____ does _____ and should have ____ voltage when _____ is pressed, then its connected to ____...." Links or help are greatly appreciated. On the topic of the XC what do i look for wheels, will the stock toureg wheels fit because they are cheap and available. Where can i possibly find an upright for the steering too? Im not buying an entire kit or truck for a steering end and a upright.

Alright, i have learned a lot since i first posted on here. I wanted to build the jeep then because it was my child hood toy, so i bought the parts to fix the chassis such as the steering upright, the endlink, and some touareg wheels, plus a TEU-101BK and some fresh batts. Then i made the mistake of going to the LHS and getting the parts to fix the clod too. Now that i have them both going again i regret wasting my money on jeep parts and wish i had bought a esc or some better motors for the clod and sold the jeep before i ever touched it. i dont want anything to do with the Jeep anymore. The still has never been mounted, i dont even have the front mounting bracket in the body yet. However i began to try to paint it and since i live in US not Japan I smoothed the Euro Spec side markers off. How much is reasonable to get for my lot of Jeep parts, i want to get rid of everything that i have which is a complete chassis and body set minus the stickers and with broken original wheels. Then i want to find something fast that i dont have to worry about crashing, i was thinking a Electric buggy. I already have the Clod to climb and dominate so now i want something to do everything in between. Like jump stuff and zip around. What should i look for in this department i see there is various 2wd and 4wd buggies, im not particular to any specific one so any suggestions are welcome!