bakaguyjean

Historic Rc Now Has 1/10th Rally Bodies

Interesting site, which i will have a look on it from time to time. Maybe they are producing 1/10 - 19mm bodies, too.

Too bad those 1/10 bodies are much too wide for a scale look.

Interesting site, which i will have a look on it from time to time. Maybe they are producing 1/10 - 19mm bodies, too.

Too bad those 1/10 bodies are much too wide for a scale look.

I think these more of a Classic buggy 1/10th size. Im not sure about what size the DF-02 is but these bodies might be good for a chassis like that.

Well, The blazing star would fit perfectly for example (you only need to make the wheelbase shorter... I don't exactly know which parts should be replaced then (radio tub and drive shaft)? and you would have a width of 236mm, which is exactly right for the RS200 and the Metro (especially if you put the wider offset wheels on the back and normal ones on the front).

I like the Metro and Rs200- Recon TC could get a discount?

Their links site is interesting (vintage rc cars)

What do you guys think to the quility of the moldings? (obviously I guess you can only see what I can see.) Just theink the metro and Rs200 look pretty sweet

As far as I can see it looks ok, but I would like to see photos of a sprayed one (easier to see shapes etc). And I wonder if they have decals for the lights and such details? And what can the bodies cope with before they crack or break...? :D

As far as I can see it looks ok, but I would like to see photos of a sprayed one (easier to see shapes etc). And I wonder if they have decals for the lights and such details? And what can the bodies cope with before they crack or break...? :D

Agreed- But then I Collect clear bodies...

So looks like they've got Frewer to remake their old 1/8th and 1/10th bodies. The Metro 6R4s are what Incredible Serious had reproduced last year.

img154_30032007005141_1_350.jpg

Painted by Alex with PandaGFX paint masks

img154_25082007101440_5_350.jpg

The Metro 6R4 ideally needs a 250mm wheelbase chassis, such as the Hotshot (which it was designed for), TL-01B, DF-01, Manta Ray with TA-02 tub, etc.

If you want the 6R4 Willychang has a perfect set of paint masks for them

The RS200 is the same as the red one on the left and has a 275mm wheelbase and is 240mm wide, so wide and long enough for later buggy chassis. The Sierra Cosworth is also big enough for later chassis.

img297_04032006135658_3_350.jpg

These are made of genuine lexan, so will stand up to as much abuse as anything else, but no there are no decals or paint masks - back in the 80s you were supposed to do all that yourself.

I was thinking these bodies had been around before,namely the Metro from when Terry had these a while back.

Even if the are copies or just remakes its nice to see the bodies are around. Personally i want to get the Greenwood Corvette and put some sort of electric chassis under it.

And if Willychang has window masks for them thats great. :lol:

I'm proud (and probably stupid) to say I drive a 1984 Metro every day! :lol:

Pity its not a 6R4, but I need to put shopping in the boot, not an engine, LOL.

Would the 6R4 body fit on my DF-02 Avante chassis? Me wantie!

That Corvette shell looks sweet. I was thinking maybe a dagger gearbox and suspension arm set up with TGX rims and tyres on a flat pan type chassis. it should leave plenty of room for electronics and a couple of battery packs. One gearbox for something semi authentic or two for some sort of big mad drifter.

I wonder what the price for NZ residents is...

the Frewer one is for short wheelbase buggies like Hotshot, Boomerang

DF03? is a long wheelbase

for a cartoony look, the Frewer seems to lineup over a WR02 (aka WW2) or original WW ok too

I had the Frewer Sierra Cosworth on a Sonic Fighter, perfect fit. I remember them modeling the RS200 on a Hotshot, but it was too long?..... I must find the old advert.

From memory the Metro did fit a Hotshot ok.....

Frewer's are generally 225 mm wide, though this did vary.

That Corvette shell looks sweet. I was thinking maybe a dagger gearbox and suspension arm set up with TGX rims and tyres on a flat pan type chassis. it should leave plenty of room for electronics and a couple of battery packs. One gearbox for something semi authentic or two for some sort of big mad drifter.

I was thing something like you for the Corvette body. :D I really like the Greenwood style body. Greenwood has a nice site about thier Old Corvettes.

http://www.greenwoodcorvettes.com/Home.html

Just some nice pictures to look at if you need.

As far as i've heard they have brought Frewer's moulds and rights to the bodys. They are more expensive then when sold under Frewer name.

I'm proud (and probably stupid) to say I drive a 1984 Metro every day! :D

Pity its not a 6R4, but I need to put shopping in the boot, not an engine, LOL.

Well, you could always put things under the bonnet I guess? :D Or instead of the fire exstinguisher (risky :D )

And you could go for virtually any chassis that can be fitted with wider suspension. For example, you could use a baja king; it has a total width of 245mm and it has a standard 260mm wheelbase. (And looking at the susp arms of the baja king and remembering my Wild dagger I had, it has the same susp arms?) And the suspension arms that fit a TL01, fit a TB01 too (I saw in photos and manuals that the arms had the very same shape etc).

They look nice - I hate to be a pedant, but I will :-) . The Sierra Cosworth was a Group A homolagation car, not group B. RS200 was Ford's group B offering.

Be nice to see some of theses on TC'ers chassis to see what works looks wise and what doesn't.

For example, you could use a baja king; it has a total width of 245mm and it has a standard 260mm wheelbase.

Now *that's* a good idea :D I have a BK clone just dying for something more interesting.

I'll have to ask, the Frewer guy races at the same RC track as me.

Be nice to see some of theses on TC'ers chassis to see what works looks wise and what doesn't.
Showroom search is your friend :D

6R4 on a Baja King

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...56&id=19419

RS200 on a Fire Dragon

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...613&id=1297

Sierra painted with wing attached

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...9821&id=154

That metro looks nice! :D:D And you could make the holes in the rear under the window real, same for the intake. You will need a specially designed wide and other scale cockpit for this though, it's more like a 1/8 than a 1/10.

Origineelreclamebord Posted Today, 12:22 PM

That metro looks nice! And you could make the holes in the rear under the window real, same for the intake. You will need a specially designed wide and other scale cockpit for this though, it's more like a 1/8 than a 1/10.

yeah, the metro is kinda 1/8th. Would be awesome if it was made to the same dimentions as the Tamiya M chassis. The Sierra and Rs200 are nice.

yeah, the metro is kinda 1/8th. Would be awesome if it was made to the same dimentions as the Tamiya M chassis. The Sierra and Rs200 are nice.

If you use a Chevron Honda City you can make a nice Metro body for a M03 chassis. You can see one here in a video of mine.

Its at the beginning and was made by a 10 year old. :D His dad loves rally cars so he chose the Metro. The front wing and rear wing are add ones.