Sign in to follow this  
dalyoftelford

Ff 02

Hi

I have just built a ff 02 chassis out of some bits ...I have put a 21 double motor in.

Do you no whay pinion I should be using ??

Cheers

Paul

The bigger the better for less wheelspin. I think the biggest one you can fit is a 21 tooth.

I run mine with a 21 tried with a 19 once but found the 21 better for the handling of the power.

FF02 is the same chassis and gearbox as the M03 Mini..

Biggest pinion that will fit in a standard FF02/M03 is a 20 tooth AV pitch (0.6 module).. (your other choices are a 16 or 18 tooth pinion.)

I dont know how you are getting a 21 in there, but it must sound good when its running... LOL.

Cheers

FF02 is the same chassis and gearbox as the M03 Mini..

Biggest pinion that will fit in a standard FF02/M03 is a 20 tooth AV pitch (0.6 module).. (your other choices are a 16 or 18 tooth pinion.)

I dont know how you are getting a 21 in there, but it must sound good when its running... LOL.

Cheers

is it exactly the same chassis or is the middle bit taken out?and is the rear part of the chassis the same?

is it exactly the same chassis or is the middle bit taken out?and is the rear part of the chassis the same?

Yes, you can convert an FF02 to a M03, buy fitting the narrow arms and drive shafts, and then removing the long chassis extension from the chassis.. You will also need to fit the M03 bumpers, or maybe trim some off the FF02 units to clear the wheels with the Mini's narrow wheelbase.. I had to do this conversion back when I was racing my M03 and I broke a chassis and my LHS didnt have a spare..

Similarly you can convert an M03 to an FF02 by adding the arms and drive shafts from a TL01, and of course the chassis extension..

Cheers

thanks,its mainly the chassis and gears i was wondering about.i have found the middle section on ebaypart and modelsport have the spare gear sets. and i havent decided about a body yet.i had the pug 306 maxi before and that was nice but i like the look of the alfa.like i said before it wasnt a planeed project or owt just a bonus in another car i bought