nazcom_101

Tamiya Prerunner

ok so I know its been awhile but I have the chassis running and I have got some New - HPI Work Meister S1 Wheels 26mm Chrome (3mm Off-Set) rims for the truck now and I also made and added a custom front skid plate, sort of like the real wildcat has...

DSC03373.jpg

DSC03375.jpg

DSC03382.jpg

DSC03384.jpg

DSC03385.jpg

after taking these photos I have given the body 2 coats of primer, I hope to get 2 coats of red on 2morrow and then I will have to go get some black, silver and clear coat paint on tus or wens...

I will post more updates as I have them...

ok so... I got 2 coats of super gloss red on the body 2day, its not fully dry yet... but it looks really glossy atm, and I still have to clear coat the damm thing, once I get the black and silver on it... lol...

RED1.jpg

RED2.jpg

RED3.jpg

I also need to still fine some where/one that can make my decal designs into vinyl ones, as the last 2 ppls have never returned any of my email's...

Looks very nice and the wheels really set it off much better.

I have managed to make slow progress with a bowler shell and added parts of my interior and a spare tyre in the rear couple of weeks ago, I will try to add some pics soon.

Just a thought have you tired highlift tyres on it?

Cheers

Ryck

Looks very nice and the wheels really set it off much better.

I have managed to make slow progress with a bowler shell and added parts of my interior and a spare tyre in the rear couple of weeks ago, I will try to add some pics soon.

Just a thought have you tired highlift tyres on it?

Cheers

Ryck

thanks for the comments, I haven't tired highlift tyres on it... I was thinking about getting another 2 tyres and kutting out the rear to add the 2 spare tyres like the real bowler has but then never did... lol...

I look forward to seeing photos of your bowler...

here is a few more photos of mine, I have added the silver bumper paint and started on painting parts of the body black...

BWild01.jpg

BWild02.jpg

BWild03.jpg

BWild04.jpg

BWild05.jpg

I still have the front grill, side window lines, wheel arches and side running boards and the spot under the rear wing to paint black... which should get done this saturday...

update: I got the rest of the black paint work done 2day...

BWC01.jpg

BWC02.jpg

BWC03.jpg

I still have some parts to touch up before I can clear coat it and add the front lights... etc...

Looking very nice, and Shiny for now....

Well Heres mine in a very early stage. Due to the lack of tamiya TS paint and the fact that everyone has a lime green car these days :rolleyes: I have tried to be a little creative and gone for a polycarbonate paint on a halford grey primer which I think hasnt turned out to badly. I have also made the first steps towards an interior with a spare wheel in the back and what will be a cockpit set up front. Im also going to get some perspex in the windows and some reinforcement as well.

mainshot.jpg

rearstoragearea.jpg

I have just started on the black edging so might have some more pics tomorrow as well as snaping a shot of my highlift tyres in the arches so u can see what they would look like.

Regards

Ryck

That green is a kwl shade and it looks like a clean kut out job on the rear... Are you going to make seats and all and also are you oing to have a driver... I would like to do a drop in interior

I used Plasti-kote projekt gloss paint on my shell over 2 coats of Plasti-kote primer...

will check back to see them photos...

Im starting to get quite tempted by the wildcat shell as Im exspecting a Ta01 soon and the Chevy shell Ive got is proberly a bit too long for Rallying. Are these shells good value for money?

There quite infectious arent they :L

As for value for money I would say that there right up there, Less than 20 for either the Abs or Lexan version and if you go ABS you get to add all that detail :rolleyes:

No wonder this is dakar machine number 4 now lol.

Cheers

Ryck

I was thinking of getting one and giving it a Scooby van style paint job, although it wil take me a few hours as Id have to do it all by brush

Well a few update pictures as the typical bank holiday weather has given me plenty of time make a good start on some of the more detailed exterior parts. As well as starting to assemble parts for the build.

Unfortinately my lines bled rather a lot more than I have expected and so I have been "forced" into this kind of dead tree/thorn effect that I actually rather like. Again it still needs touching up as well as some counter painting with the lime green in order to neaten up a few of the rought edges.

sideshot.jpg

roofline.jpg

rearsectionpainting.jpg

On the parts front I have already got the main radio gear sorted in the shape of 40mhz acoms reciever, Mtronicks RV11 viper esc which should prove handily waterproof lol as well as an annsman clash 15 turn motor which I think should be much like a big V8 in having a relatively slow pick up but a large displacement. Still we shall see. I av also got an XC axle to the rear tho this might have to go in favour of a TLT one depending upon the respective internal ratios. There is also 4 oil filed shocks with the medium progressive rate springs on them from the TG10 chassis.

startingtoassembleparts.jpg

On the tyre choice I think that the XC ones are more likely as the highlift ones are much to large for the wheelarches and would need me to cut the arches back a considerable way, Tho One advantage to use the XC tyres is that I can fit two of them in the rear making it much more life like than the single highlift tyre in there at present.

Cheers

Ryck