Sign in to follow this  
DCLXVI

Painting A Countach

I've bought a Lambourgini Countach shell from Pro-Line to use with my HPI RS4 Nitro 3 but I don't know what colour to pant it, the most obvious would be black or red but my friend who I will race against will paint his DeDomaso Panthera red and black doesn't go well against asphalt, so what colours does a Countach look good in?

IMO, the Countach looks great in most bold colours.

If I were you, I'd run a Google image search for Countach & see what colour appeals most.

Something like Lime green, Cherry red or black would look awesome. My favorite is white, good solid 80's colour!

Right, HPI, sorry about that, I haven't been active with R/C for abit...got a kid and married and moved twice so I think I might be excused :)

I think my friend wil go spare if I paint it lime green...

And I did the google search, I found black and red ones (one or two lime green ones) and those colours are already a no-no...

Perhaps pearl purple...?

While Black, White and Red are the most popular colors of full size Countachs, there's no reason you can't do it any color you like.

I'm rather partial to this blue one...

lp500s40.jpg

was gunna do mine in chrome silver with matte black wheelarches & wing.

its sitting on the gunna-do pile for a couple'a months now :D

I would use plain white (no creme, really clean white) with one plain red (no metallic) racing stripe over the right side of the car... Maybe red instead of white wheels will also look good on it...

countach-png.png

And I advice you to make the car look serious... Use wheels that fit the car... Not something with relatively low profile tires like usually, but more something like tires and wheels from the F103:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/images/product/30...56/header_1.jpg

http://www.tamiyausa.com/images/product/30...47/header_1.jpg

It wouldn't be a countach with the wrong wheels... And somehow big wheels with low profile tires don't fit this car in my opinion... :D

I would use plain white (no creme, really clean white) with one plain red (no metallic) racing stripe over the right side of the car... Maybe red instead of white wheels will also look good on it...

countach-png.png

And I advice you to make the car look serious... Use wheels that fit the car... Not something with relatively low profile tires like usually, but more something like tires and wheels from the F103:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/images/product/30...56/header_1.jpg

http://www.tamiyausa.com/images/product/30...47/header_1.jpg

It wouldn't be a countach with the wrong wheels... And somehow big wheels with low profile tires don't fit this car in my opinion... :D

I'm going to use the HPI stock vintage wheels made for the Mustang, Camaro, Panthera and Countach...

img_7767kp.jpg

I'm going to use the HPI stock vintage wheels made for the Mustang, Camaro, Panthera and Countach...

Just my opinion, but I really don't think those wheels suit the Countach, but hey, it's your car :D

I have an HPI Countach shell too, it's going on a widened TT01 chassis.

When I get some time (yeah right :D ) I will machine some alloy "telephone dial" wheels to take standard tyres, maybe get them gold anodised too.

Just my opinion, but I really don't think those wheels suit the Countach, but hey, it's your car :D

I have an HPI Countach shell too, it's going on a widened TT01 chassis.

When I get some time (yeah right :D ) I will machine some alloy "telephone dial" wheels to take standard tyres, maybe get them gold anodised too.

I Agree. But Jaque, I think it's not only the wheels, but also the size of the tirewalls (I think it's ot the right word, but I mean the sides of the tires). Those are too small on regular wheel sizes, that's why the F103 wheels are a good option (I think the best looking wheels you will be able to find are the F40 wheels I linked to earlier).

Yes you're right about the sidewalls, when the MkII LP400 model was released it was fitted with the newly developed Pirelli P7's, 205/50VR15 up front and 345/35VR15 in the rear, *much* lower profile than anything else of the time.

Just for info, those tyres sizes should scale out as follows:

1.5" or 38mm wheel diameter (the same as M chassis wheels)

Fronts 20mm wide, 10mm sidewall & 58mm overall diameter.

Rears 34mm wide, 12mm sidewall, 62mm overall diameter.

The HPI wheels are reasonably scale (still not great though) but the 5 spoke design isn't really appropriate for the Countach.

I think it looks pretty good on the Countach...I don't think the five spoke F40 design would be better imho...that would be cool is a phone-dial type rim for the HPI tires...

img_1367ah.jpg

Didn't post that pic earlier as I it doesn't show the sidewall size good since the car is painted black around the wheel arcs...

I think it looks pretty good on the Countach...

Then that's what matters most <_<

what would be cool is a phone-dial type rim for the HPI tires...

Which is what I'm planning fairly soon.