Sign in to follow this  
MADD_MONSTER

Tamiya Lunchbox Shocks

Please could anyone help,

I am currantly restoring a Lunch box which is alomst done.

I need help,

The shocks i have got are old and rusty just wondering if their is any other options than just the standard springs.

I know about the Supershot shocks fit just wondering if any one has any ideas .

Cheers

Madd Monster[B)]

quote:
Originally posted by MADD_ MONSTER

Please could anyone help,

I am currantly restoring a Lunch box which is alomst done.

I need help,

The shocks i have got are old and rusty just wondering if their is any other options than just the standard springs.

I know about the Supershot shocks fit just wondering if any one has any ideas .

Cheers

Madd Monster[
B)
]

id="quote">id="quote">

I bought these to put on my Pumpkin.

img34_21062004230201_6.jpg

I think they are the same ones used on the supershot as they are a bit longer than the ones used on the Monster Beetle. The part number is 5304

The 50520 CVA Short Shock should be readily available from the well known HK and UK sellers, and it refers to the Lunchbox front and rear replacement. I've got some hi resolution scans of the box and instructions, if you want me to post them somewhere let me know.

Shodog, those are the long CVAs, used in the rear of the Super Shot, Boomerang etc. The MP and Monster Beedle need the short CVAs, which are replaced now by the black short CVA II. Unfortunately the long ones didn't have a CVA II replacment as they weren't used in any Tamiya after the late 80s, so I would recommend you not to use them in the MP (they are anyway to long) but keep them or sell them as they are pretty rare nowadays.

Cheers

I agree with Theo. I would use the monster beetle cva damper set. They are shorter and not only give the truck a nicer look, but if you drive it the cg is lower and the truck will handle much better. Another "option" if using the long cva damper set is to swap out the long shafts for some shorter ones.

Since the geometry on the Lunch box is such that I wouldn't be able to use all the travel, I planned to put limiters internally on the shock shaft. Using the Monster beetle damper shafts would be a good idea also.

PS How much are these shock sets worth? I can't find any completed auctions for them

Jim

Thanks for all your ideas so far it has been a great help.

The monster Beetle shocks sounds like the better option.

Please keep them coming.

Many thanks to everyone for all your Info.

Cheers :-) 2018