Sign in to follow this  
tonyleic

Hornet Re-release Wheels

Hi does anyone know how well the re-release grasshopper and hornet wheels take paint?

I ask as the plastic seems different to the original models and I fear that paint will not,

hold on the plastic

Any one got any thoughts ideas or tips

Many thanks tonyleics

Hi if you key the suface well with a scotch bright pad( sold) in many motor factor shops you should be ok, you could use halfords plastic primer aswell just to make sure. or depends on the colour your going you can use a product called dylon same stuff used for dying clothes.

c.h

\I painted a set of frog wheels, same material. Use a good quality primer and paint, but most important; clean rims before painting (decent wash ans some scrubbing). Check the frog in my showroom.

Try to boil them with texile dye, don't know if the plastic in the Hornet wheels are way different then the plastic in my Desert Gator wheels but it makes for a much longer living colourisation as the colour is drawn into the plastic...

Try to boil them with texile dye, don't know if the plastic in the Hornet wheels are way different then the plastic in my Desert Gator wheels but it makes for a much longer living colourisation as the colour is drawn into the plastic...

Many thanks for the responses guys

Iam going to paint them as I want them to be white as per box art.

. I dont know about you guys but the plastic seems to have gone yellow quite quickly I reckon its only take about 12 months to yellow.

Anyway many thanks once again

Tonyleic