Sign in to follow this  
Mad Ax

Do I Want A Kyosho Mini Inferno (half8)

Just popped into my LHS as I was calling past, and they have an NIB Half8 RTR for just under 90 of the Queen's fine British pounds. I don't usually buy RTR, but I just fancied something I could open up and run. I haven't owned a Kyosho for years and felt like maybe stepping outside of the Tamiya stable for something different - I'm not interested in the TTG buggies so thought maybe the Half8 would make a fun basher. It's an upgraded kit with oil shocks included as standard.

What upgrade battery packs are available for them? I've heard talk of 8 cell packs but have no experience of small-scale electric.

I'm sure a nice brushless setup would fit very tidily in the chassis, too ;)

Any interesting advice would be appreciated :lol:

Overpowered minis are insane bashers. It's fun to see them fly, crash, tumble, and keep going. I've abused my RC-18B and never replaced a thing until I converted it to an 18R and even then I've never actually *broken* a part. Which is more than I can say for my poor buggy champ which is waiting for a new rear arm mount :P

Kyosho has their reputation. I say "Do it."

I had an all aluminium RC18b and it was so much fun, scos it doesnt weigh alot when they hit noffin breaks! If you?re still not sure pop over to youtube and type BRUSHLESS RC18!!