Singapore_959

New Dyna Storm Parts

Gosh, that looks GREAT!!! I haven't seen my car for so long I forgot how good the car can look.

Seriously why do you want to paint that shell again, the white looks SO nice especially coupled with your white springs. (What are they from, btw?)

I think that looks way better than any of the car shells / paint combo's I have had. I like it!

Rear dishes look good. Mine look **** as they are all marked and blackened from racing, I must get them cleaned a bit to look nice again. Funny never tried, I wonder what cleans marks of the wheels?

The TR knuckles make for faster steering, I enjoyed using them but I had to play with the steering speed and expo on the TX to get totally comfortable.

Good to see!!!! White for the wing? :P

Thanks! :lol: Well, the shell at least needs some work on the outside; Some of the decals are done (I will replace them with some sponsors - stickers from the ABEC35.com bearings I used for example), and as much as possible of the overspray has to be removed. I also like the the paint scheme, and after some close inspection I have to admit the paint job itself isn't that bad :o

The springs are the TRF Buggy Setting Spring Set. The springs are very nice, but there's one problem in combination with the original DS shocks. The spring is a little tight around the shock body and has some friction around it, making the spring rate less smooth - a good reason for me to buy the TRF shocks sooner or later :D And if possible a short front shock tower to match (otherwise I'd have to buy two sets of TRF buggy dampers. White btw sounds like a good idea for the wing! (@94eg: I personally don't like the look of the clear wings, although I understand that with rolling over and crashing the wing will take a beating and even Tamiya's PS paint will flake off at some point).

Also good to hear about the TR-15T knuckles. I think the knuckles will do for me without changing the steering exponential and/or speed (0 track experience and not an experienced fine tuner) - I probably don't have these option on my Futaba 3PM transmitter, anyway :P

PS: This link refers to the offroad (astroturf) track closest to my home - about 20 kilometres away. The membership has a steep price in my opinion, getting there (and back) may be an issue and the track is probably better suited for use by 1/5th scale buggies, but I think it could be worth paying the membership and getting a key to enter the terrain (they also have an onroad track). It's actually also the only track within a 50 kilometre range as far as I'm aware of, so I have no choice really unless I'd build my own track :lol:

...just to add my experience. I'm driving a Dyna Storm with these parts for some weeks now and I have to say that the performance and the handling of the car improved a little bit compared to the original car. I can't say much about the stability of most of the parts so far, but what I can say is that I have lots of trouble with the Nimrod D5-part. This one almost breaks every time and I have to say that I only had minor crashes... :unsure:

My feeling is that this kind of hard carbon plastic is not the right material - It should be more elastic to absorb those small impacts. I emailed Nimrod photos with the broken parts but got no feedback so far – are there any improvements going on? Is there any other manufacturer out there building a more stable D5?

Having read about prices - I can say that I have paid about that for the chassis etc. what was written in the previous posts.

CS

i broke my front steering arms at the boondall meet (the ones that the tie rods attach to at the centre of the chassis) is there a nimrod replacement of any other brand? what works??

Hi CS!

Your car looks great! You seem to have most of the parts nimrod have. It's great to see another car with same chassis as mine :D

Do you enjoy running it? Your car will be quite light now.

I'm getting rather disappointed reading more posts about slow replies from nimrod. The D5 part should not be breaking. The whole point was to design something better :unsure: So far the parts that have been reported as breaking have been the bumper part not the d5 part to my knowledge. If nimrod do not replace your part free of charge then I will gladly have a root around and send you one, i think I have 2 in a box somewhere.

If you want to PM me your name and email address and I will take it up with nimrod. I am beginning to feel like their customer service desk ;)

How are your drive cups holding up to the brushless power?

it´s quit plain to me that all this parts are well-known by each of you. Nevertheless i have

to share my gladness about recently arrived Chassis Parts form Nimrod Racing:

user26747pic48112591799.jpg

user26747pic48212591799.jpg

user26747pic48412591799.jpg

Thank you again, Singapore_959 and Nimrod Racing, for the chance to build this remarkable

1/10 2WD Offroad Buggy!

Hi Singapore_959,

...the drive-cups are fine. Same with the whole drive-chain – no problem at all until now.

B)

I'm getting rather disappointed reading more posts about slow replies from nimrod.

If you want to PM me your name and email address and I will take it up with nimrod. I am beginning to feel like their customer service desk

It's a strange thing, when i first contacted them last year i had immediate responses now it's very hard to reach them and i had to ask your help.

I'll be ready for a "big" order on January and i hope to be able to place it without too much effort.....

In case i'll ask for your help.

Bye

WWD

It's a strange thing, when i first contacted them last year i had immediate responses now it's very hard to reach them and i had to ask your help.

I'll be ready for a "big" order on January and i hope to be able to place it without too much effort.....

In case i'll ask for your help.

Bye

WWD

Yes 959, thank you for stepping in for us. I am only still pursueing NIMROD because of you. Today I bought a new body, wing, decals, and 5 sets of FR and RR arms off of the bay due to the slow acting of NIMROD. I am still very interested in the NIMROD chassis and undertray. BUT if NIMROD keeps on dragging their feet with me, than Ill have to go to FIBRELYTE for the chassis. I want to give them my money ugh, this is getting frustrating!!!!

I´ve good experience sending them mail using the high priority feature.

Maybe it is difficult to identify reliable mail due to a massive SPAM-Problem

I´ve good experience sending them mail using the high priority feature.

Maybe it is difficult to identify reliable mail due to a massive SPAM-Problem

Thats a good point, however Ive replied to emails that "they" sent me and the response time is sloooooooooooooooooow. Not good when Im trying to give them money!!!!!

Hi Redzone,

My sister has the body for you. I will PM you here phone number, I am not at the GC at the mo.

Which steering bell crank do you need? the one with the servo connecting arm or the other one? I have a repro one of the servo arm side that I will post to you for free if that is the one you need.

Just reviving the good old thread here with a question regarding the Dyna Storm. I was wondering what (suspension) part(s) most often break on the Dyna if you crash (with Nimrod or standard parts)? Is it the suspension blocks, the suspension arms, the uprights, hub carriers...? :D It would be of great help if someone could help me on this :o

Just reviving the good old thread here with a question regarding the Dyna Storm. I was wondering what (suspension) part(s) most often break on the Dyna if you crash (with Nimrod or standard parts)? Is it the suspension blocks, the suspension arms, the uprights, hub carriers...? :D It would be of great help if someone could help me on this :o

The front & rear lower control mounts (blocks). The rears are worse than the fronts though.

Do you mean the suspension blocks to which the suspension arms are mounted? :P

Well yeah...

Well yeah...

Ok, thanks B) It's good to know that for sure now. I'm currently working on a project of a buggy with the Dyna Storm as a base. I need custom suspension blocks, so it's a bit of an issue if that's usually the weakest piece in the structure. I guess I'll have to strengthen the blocks in my design then and weaken the suspension arms (If this doesn't cause too much flex in the arms), or make the suspension blocks in a way that they become very affordable to have manufactured by a company.

main reason they break is that the original ones are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

nimrod ones seem to hold up ok for anything but extreme usage.

main reason they break is that the original ones are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

nimrod ones seem to hold up ok for anything but extreme usage.

Good thing to know. Some running experience with the Dyna will tell me some additional information about the strength and reliability of the Dyna. Speaking of which, I just finished it today. Here it is:

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

DSC01807.jpg

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

This is no ordinary Dyna Storm. After purchase there followed a restoration and some Nimrod hopups. I mounted a brushless system in it, and after winning an auction of Singapore 959 of his set of Dyna Blaster Universals, I also bought some lower and upper arms and some other parts from him to fit to this car. Here is the finished result.

All the parts different from the original Dyna Storm are:

- Nimrod Front Bumper/E4 Part.

- Nimrod Front Suspension Block/D5 Part.

- Nimrod Rear Suspension Block/D1+D2 Part.

- Nimrod Front Steering Hub Carriers/H1+H2 Part.

- Nimrod Lexan Undercowl (To protect the underside and to remove the heavy plastic sidepods).

- Nimrod Lexan Wing.

- Abec35.com ABEC5 Rating Rubber Shielded Ball Bearing Set.

- Dyna Blaster Suspension Arms, Suitable Upper Arms and Dyna Blaster Front Suspension Shafts.

- Dyna Blaster Universal Shafts.

- TR-15T Knuckle Arms.

- Astute Rear Hexes (Wider than Dyna Storm ones).

- Keen Hawk Rear Wheels.

- Sand Viper Front Wheels (Painted Black).

- High Density Spike Tires Front+Rear, K Compound.

The Electronics in the car are:

- Losi Xcelorin 10.5T (Sensored) Brushless System

- Futaba S3050 Digital Servo

- Futaba R603FS 2.4Ghz Receiver

Now all there's left to do is to order some Proline Dirt Hawg or Traxxas Anaconda tires to drive this thing onroad as well... And for the snow to melt :):(

PS: The width of this Dyna is just over 280mm instead of the stock 240mm. Due to the construction of the Dyna Blaster front arms (which allow using spacers) I managed to lengthen the wheelbase from 264mm to 268mm to hopefully aid balance of the car. I will also try out the maximum wheelbase I can get out of the suspension by using the spacers on the rear arms as well.

By the way, the Dyna as it is now with the wider arms kind of reminds me of the Jconcepts J82 Buggy (Although that one I believe is even slightly bigger, as it uses 1/8th scale wheels and tires and is based on the RC10T4).

Still looks very odd with 4WD front tires... :)

I know :( But for the looks I'd stick with the original spike tires and suspension width (just like my shelfer that can be seen in the first pictures), it's purely for practical reasons. And it's a bit out of curiosity whether these tires will compliment the handling of the car or not, I have to admit :D

Hi,

What is the weight of the 2 Dyna Storms ? Thanks for your answer.

Dyna Lightning

Motor: Team Orion Revolution Modified 11x2, Robitronic Speedstar II 8 turn

Servo: Graupner Z590, Receiver: Lexors Micro 5

Accu: Team Orion Hardcase 3800mAh Lipo

Kyosho 1:8 Damper

Weight: 1505 Gramm

Dyna Storm

Motor: Team Orion Revolution Modified 11x1, GM V80R

Servo: Graupner Z590, Receiver: Graupner SB6

Akku: Team Orion Hardcase 3800mAh Lipo

Weight: 1710 Gramm

Dyna Lightning

Motor: Team Orion Revolution Modified 11x2, Robitronic Speedstar II 8 turn

Servo: Graupner Z590, Receiver: Lexors Micro 5

Accu: Team Orion Hardcase 3800mAh Lipo

Kyosho 1:8 Damper

Weight: 1505 Gramm

Dyna Storm

Motor: Team Orion Revolution Modified 11x1, GM V80R

Servo: Graupner Z590, Receiver: Graupner SB6

Akku: Team Orion Hardcase 3800mAh Lipo

Weight: 1710 Gramm

That is actually pretty darn nice! <_< 205 grams is quite a difference! And I think you still have the MDC in it as well? I just looked at the RTR RC10B4.1 (2.4Ghz RTR RC10B4), and that is actually 1530 grams, so Nimrod really pulled off something really nice with those tuning parts!