Singapore_959

New Dyna Storm Parts

Where did you purchase the rear Square uprights...are they from the DT-02? Thanks.

Where did you purchase the rear Square uprights...are they from the DT-02? Thanks.

I think straight from Square? :P

I tried to find the source of the aluminum uprights before Singapore told me that they were also from Square. I already assumed they were from Square, but wasn't sure and wanted to check it out.

When I knew they were Square ones, I decided to look again and finally found their website ;)

I have to say the parts indeed are expensive, but there must be a good reason for it apart from the need to get a profit as a company. I bet the materials are of a much higher grade than say 3Racing or Yeah Racing.

I found what looks like them on another store website...they look like rear uprights for the DT-02 made by Square with the use of spacers...just want to confirm.

I found what looks like them on another store website...they look like rear uprights for the DT-02 made by Square with the use of spacers...just want to confirm.

Yes, they are the ones. The spacers are not extra or new, even the kit DS uprights require them. It lets you adjust the wheelbase a little.

Dai at Square is a very good seller and I have only had excellent experiences with him.

Both the Square DT02 front and rear uprights fit.

my nimrod rear D parts broke on the weekend!

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did they ever persue the aluminium ones? and can you still get parts from them ok or are they too unreliable now?

my nimrod rear D parts broke on the weekend!

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did they ever persue the aluminium ones? and can you still get parts from them ok or are they too unreliable now?

I tried to contact them but didn't get a reply. Maybe Singapore can help you out? :lol:

If that doesn't work, I can have a look at my stock of parts for the Dyna Storm. I have originals which you can fit with a longer screw and a nyloc nut instead of a press nut, to make sure they don't become loose and stuff. I don't know if besides the press nut problem the D Part was a flawed part, but you could try that.

I can also have a look for you if I have a spare Nimrod one for you. Which side did you break? (Or Both?) And do you have pictures of it? ;)

ORC has lots of rear D parts from me now, he should be able to help you. How did it break? The d part used to loosen rather than break.

I have not been able to catch up with the Nimrod guys for some time now, but I know they can still make parts and had some of each part in supply for the racing program. I have told them repeatedly re their website response that it is bad. I have 'helped' several TC members in the past by ringing the Nimrod guys and forwarding on emails to them from TC'ers and this has always solved the problem but its made me more like their secretary service. :lol:

If ORC can't help then I can do the above for you no worries.

ORC has lots of rear D parts from me now, he should be able to help you. How did it break? The d part used to loosen rather than break.

I have lots of D Parts, but most of the Nimrod ones are one side I have to admit ;) No problem though, any spare is a spare, and if I can come in contact with Nimrod, I am sure I can order a few of the other side to make complete sets and sell them on or use them myself :lol:

I also thought the D Part used to loosen, not break. I haven't broken any Nimrod Parts myself, so I can't really comment on how they break...

I also thought the D Part used to loosen, not break. I haven't broken any Nimrod Parts myself, so I can't really comment on how they break...

I broke more than one D on my Dyna but only the original ones, they can barely resist a practice afternoon at the track if the car is run strong. I noticed that the probem is due by the fact that they loosen and take some play shortly after they broke...... If you keep them very firm the problem is a lot less evident.

I have good result with Nimrod D V2 with a good treadlock they seems to resist the race track abuse.

Bye

WWD

:)

I broke more than one D on my Dyna but only the original ones, they can barely resist a practice afternoon at the track if the car is run strong. I noticed that the probem is due by the fact that they loosen and take some play shortly after they broke...... If you keep them very firm the problem is a lot less evident.

I have good result with Nimrod D V2 with a good treadlock they seems to resist the race track abuse.

Bye

WWD

That's what I mean :) They only break if they loosen - and loosen they indeed often did from what I heard - I never had the problem in the 3 runs (without jumping) that my Dyna made before I got the Nimrod blocks - mine don't use threadlock and seem to keep themselved tightened well.

By the way, how are the parts performing that I sent you? Happy with your front shock towers? :(

By the way, how are the parts performing that I sent you? Happy with your front shock towers? :P

Parts are great and makes a nice spare parts supply for races..... :(

At the moment my Dyna is on the work bench and i'm working on it for the National Championship that will take place June 6th. :)

Working also on front shock towers but they will be ready after.

Bye

WWD

i went to TAmark's track at kumbia on the weekend and was running the dyna with an 8.5 ezrun, wasnt doing anything silly, and nothing came loose at all, basically i went over a jump and it landed wrong and cartwheeled, the LHR D part broke between the rear nut mounting point and the part that the hinge pin passes through, the rear arm now swivels forward on the front mounting point. this was exactly where my original D parts broke.. my nimrod parts were from the first few runs i think.

so yeah basically i need a replacement, and when i get it i'll be making some sort of brace for the rear hinge pins running across the back of the car, similar to whats at the front of the rear arm hinge pins..

i went to TAmark's track at kumbia on the weekend and was running the dyna with an 8.5 ezrun, wasnt doing anything silly, and nothing came loose at all, basically i went over a jump and it landed wrong and cartwheeled, the LHR D part broke between the rear nut mounting point and the part that the hinge pin passes through, the rear arm now swivels forward on the front mounting point. this was exactly where my original D parts broke.. my nimrod parts were from the first few runs i think.

so yeah basically i need a replacement, and when i get it i'll be making some sort of brace for the rear hinge pins running across the back of the car, similar to whats at the front of the rear arm hinge pins..

I've just had a look for you: All the spare ones of one side I have are actually the left ones. Adduming you mean Left Hand Rear with LHR, I think I could supply you with one. Could you send a picture of the ones you currently have, as I have several versions (one threaded one, the rest is for nuts - not press nuts by the way - and these might be made from different material composites (the one shows the fibre reinforcement more clearly than the other) ;)

PM me if you're interested, I'll make sure the total price with postage will be cheap :rolleyes: You just got to get your Dyna running again!

yep sweet as, yes nut type and left hand rear, i'll send you a pm when i shoot a pic :(

My Dyna Took part at the 2WD Italian National Championship here below some pics of the event and also of the Dyna. ;)

http://www.photo-r.it/reportage.asp?gallery=36

Well fantastic!!! Well done on being a competitor and entering your Dyna! ;)B):)

Your wheels are really unique. Looks like you were running a big motor judging by the photos of your ballooning spinning tires. Did you have fun?

And who/what is crazy club? :D

More details!!

B)

...Looks like you were running a big motor judging by the photos of your ballooning spinning tires....

That's accomplished with gearing rather than power... ;)

Hi,

the Dyna took part at the Italian Championship, and i've been able to enter the last main........ already a success considering my skill and the poor old Dyna! The car had no big issues and resisted at practice sessions (saturday) + 5 qualifies and 3 mains.

The car was very fast and stable with still some problems of understeer that improved a lot after some weight on front (30gr), probably 10 more can make it better on hard packed slippery tracks (italian Style). Considering the track style it was a good compromise, since it was half hard packed and half on "syntetic grass" were the car has a lot of traction.

Car configuration was:

- Asso truck front & rear shocks

- Novak 8.5SS with GTB esc

- Savox low profile Steering Servo

- Losi Big Shot red tyres (rear)

- Losi rib tyres silver (front)

- Nimrod B parts F&R (rears had some problems but resisted....), Nimrod D parts, Tamiya TR-15T H, C, D5, steering system and rear shocks tower stay.

Here below one of the A main so that you can see the track:

Some more Pics:

http://www.panzergrafix.com/site/it/2010/i...ano-2wd-varallo

For Singapore: Crazy Club is the event organizer and the club the own the track, very supportive and nice persons that did a fantastic job on the track.

Next race june 27 (a simple club race...).

Bye

WWD

B)

You are a Dyna Hero. B)

Not only racing a 17 year old car in a National Championship race, but finishing all heats and races too!!

:P:) :)

That's a way to have FUN! without spending a fortune on this weeks latest fad charger, model, etc. COOL. :)

Thanks for posting up!

I'm currently restoring my Dyna Lightning, and I need a few parts... I haven't had email response from Nimrod Racing yet, so I was wondering if someone might have the following parts as spare (new or lightly used/lightly scratched):

- Carbon Plate Rear Shock Tower.

- E4/Front Bumper (Preferably V3, but anything considered).

- B2 Dyna Lightning Parts (These are the Dyna Storm width Front Arms with copper threads and slightly different shape than original).

- A1+2 Parts (Gearbox halves)

- Carbon Blade Rear Wheels

- D5/Front Suspension Block V3 version (Copper threads for screws)

I am also looking for several Mainshafts for the Dyna Storm.

PS: I thought that posting it here would make more sense than the Wanted section in the forum as I think these parts are not really widely sold... :)

Edit: I finally got in phone contact with Nimrod Racing. This means I may be able to arrange something to get communication back online. They told me that many free email-providers are automatically marked as spam mail by their office, they can't do much about it... So - if I get communication back, even if communication would have to go through me, I'll let you guys know about it.

Edit 2: Update on the Dyna Lightning of mine... I replaced the rear DT02 uprights for TA04 Hard/Reinforced Rear Uprights. These in combination with 2mm shortened DB01 Rear Universal Shafts give it a width of approximately 245mm - nicely within the IFMAR regulations :P

Time to blow some new life into this topic ;)

I have a huge load of Dyna Storm parts and a lot of it is for sale. However, by far the most interest goes to the suspension blocks, which by now are pretty much sold out: I don't have full sets anymore that I can sell, neither Nimrod Racing ones or originals. I want to keep my Dyna Storm running, and I know many more people want this, but the fear of breaking the suspension blocks is permanently there for many (including me). Nimrod Racing is pretty much impossible to contact, so I thought it would be time to start designing something myself:

render1.png

render2.png

render3.png

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

The design is inspired by the Nimrod Racing in a way that I'm looking to make the part more durable. This means that in some places, the part is marginally thicker. It's also made to use M3 nyloc nuts instead of the press nuts, like the earlier rear suspension blocks from Nimrod Racing. I also had a look at making a one-piece rear suspension block, but a metal brace on the back like mentioned on the first page of this topic may prove more durable, so it is likely that the design will remain as it is now with two suspension blocks. I am going to ask tomorrow at school what materials I am allowed to use in our injection moulding machine. I think Delrin and ABS are good contenders because of their rigidity and proven strength as RC parts.

So eh... Is there interest for a new potential supplier of suspension blocks for the Dyna Storm? B)

PS: Remember that I'm not sure yet if I can make it happen to produce these parts in a small scale, so please don't have any expectations yet... ;)

This is very intresting, if you will ever start a small production i'll probably buy a couple of set even if my Dyna is definitively retired from races, we had our last race past sunday! Now will be cleaned and kept for vintage classes if we will ever start a small champinship here in Italy....... If not will be a nice shelfer......

TRF201 will take the place, still have to test it.....

Keep me informed!

Bye

WWD

B)

This is very intresting, if you will ever start a small production i'll probably buy a couple of set even if my Dyna is definitively retired from races, we had our last race past sunday! Now will be cleaned and kept for vintage classes if we will ever start a small champinship here in Italy....... If not will be a nice shelfer......

TRF201 will take the place, still have to test it.....

Keep me informed!

Bye

WWD

B)

I understand your switch to the TRF201, still it´s a shame to see one of the more hardcore Dyna drivers retiring his car to the shelf ;) I wouldn't retire it completely, I'm sure you can take it to a race event and race it before or after the actual events - or at a local track ;)

I'll keep you informed on the parts - I really hope that I can get some useful information tomorrow from the employees at my school's workshop tomorrow to get this project going!