Singapore_959

New Dyna Storm Parts

Thanks for your PM, I have replied to you ;-)

Slot deletes can be selected by the owner during purchase. I am running 5 in the race test car to minimise risk, having a sixth slot just makes the chassis very thin at the back for my liking.

As every Nimrod part is hand made (the Aston Martin of r/c ? ! ;) ), the customer can make their own specifications.

Every part has an individual build number, and is made specially to order.

As well as slots and other modifications to the chassis; stiffness / material options will also be offered. For example, we are currently testing a kevlar-carbon mix chassis (of the chassis type in last photo shown above); as it offers more flex than the pure carbon one.

It's a cool colour!

HA! The webshop is up! - for a few items at least

http://nimrodracing.menrich-press.com/products.php?cat_id=41

We have started with parts that we have had alot of requests for.

I must say that we are now making metal rear D parts, which will be the ultimate replacement part there. But since so many people have been waiting patiently for the D parts we have decided to sell some of the pre production hybrid plastic parts of these. The parts are molded to fit hex nuts to solve the main problem and they are stronger than the orginal parts. However they are not unbreakable. Hence we are offering as a temp solution at a very low cost TWO sets for 10Euro until we run out - we have about 15 sets I think.

When used as per build instructions with the metal brace they work much better than the originals.

The front carbon carbon D part is just fantastic and includes copper inserts where you screw it in :P

V tired after a long day so that's it for now.

If you have any problems with the webshop, pls email:

info@r-design.hu

The Dyna rEVOlution has begun! :lol::lol::(:D

ok, ok, I am still a bit excited... ;)

Here are some picts of the magnesium, aluminium, silicone metal composite new rear arm holders. I tried one during last weeks race, and.... purrrrrrfect!

And best of all it weighs only........................... 4.3grams! :P:lol::(:D

The orginal plastic weights 6.2g !!

We have made it so that it is:

EXTREEMLY lightweight

inner diameter is shorter allowing you to vary wheelbase using spacers

copper inserts are no longer required

toe in is correct

pin is rasied by 2mm so that the pin can be pushed into the chassis without having to remove the inner eclip

threaded so that no bolt is required on top

COOOOOOOL! :P:lol:

As usual we are break testing and race testing the parts. This includes trialing other material mixes, and the part is CAST not machined!! It can be polished lovingly!

IMG_8725.jpg

IMG_8724.jpg

IMG_8712.jpg

IMG_87251.jpg

MMMMMMMM! :lol:

This all looks like very impressive stuff! I read somewhere in the topic that all parts are produced specifically for the order... Does that mean there isn''t some kind of production limit to them? (And that I can still order these parts when I actually have a Dyna Storm? :unsure:)

Everything looks wonderful! When will the Chassis with the integrated upper deck be ready to purchase?

We have taken quite a few orders already, so a big THANK YOU to everyone supporting the project! I am at Nimrod today and we are packing the items for postage on monday.

Thanks for your follow ups with the webshop, it has not worked perfectly and has infact now crashed (!) but we hope to get it up running again asap (-Nimrod needs to find a new company to rebuild it ;) ). In the meantime if you missed the webshop :o while it was running :) you can see the parts in another thread I will open and give you an ordering email address for Nimrod Racing there.

The integrated chassis will begin testing in 2 weeks at the next Tamiya cup and open races here. I will post up testing feedback for you here.

Meantime, some nice photos from the early material tests last year.

and white wishbones :wub:

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

carbon inserted

IMG_8402.jpg

IMG_8412.jpg

IMG_8411.jpg

trial arm blocks on v2 chassis

IMG_8526.jpg

Well, it's a bit iffy and the descriptions are all over the place at the moment but when it works you can SEE the parts.

http://www.nimrod-racing.hu/products.php?cat_id=41

http://www.nimrod-racing.hu/index.php

Please do not use the site to order at the moment however. Please email Nimrod if you do want to order

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL NIMROD

:(

Well, it's a bit iffy and the descriptions are all over the place at the moment but when it works you can SEE the parts.

http://www.nimrod-racing.hu/products.php?cat_id=41

http://www.nimrod-racing.hu/index.php

Please do not use the site to order at the moment however. Please email Nimrod if you do want to order

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL NIMROD

:(

Hi mate

did you get my email I sent last week?

Cheers

Sounds Good! I'm in love with that chassis :(

I have a quick question. Does the polycarbonate under cowl fit on the bottom of the original Dyna Storm chassis WITH the plastic side guards, or do they have to come off?

Thanks.

Sounds Good! I'm in love with that chassis :lol:

I have a quick question. Does the polycarbonate under cowl fit on the bottom of the original Dyna Storm chassis WITH the plastic side guards, or do they have to come off?

Thanks.

Yes it will fit but its tight and you would have to trim the edges otherwise they would force body out a bit. Its designed as a perfect size to fit the body shell ontop, like the plastic rails do, so you are meant to remove the rails. You could cut the edges of totally and just use it as a flat base cover and retain the rails if you prefer.

Just a thought.. aren't those rear arms way too long? Looks like the car would exceed the 250mm width limit quite easily with those on. A problem if you would like to actually race it..

Just a thought.. aren't those rear arms way too long? Looks like the car would exceed the 250mm width limit quite easily with those on. A problem if you would like to actually race it..

Depends on you wheel offset. The arms are the Dyna Blaster length and wheel depending you can have 24-28cm footprint.

When compared with a B3 we used for testing it is the the same dep on wheels used.

And we have been racing the car for 2 seasons now with no problems :(:lol:

It's designed to be raced! :lol::lol::D

It looks like you are doing the gearboxes also. How many parts for the DS will be redesigned? I hope almost everything :) I would love to built a custom one from scratch.

It looks like you are doing the gearboxes also. How many parts for the DS will be redesigned? I hope almost everything :) I would love to built a custom one from scratch.

Indeed, that would be very cool :) And since the wing and undertray have already been done... Is there a chance you will make a reproduction body? (not improved like the other parts, just repro).

Indeed, that would be very cool :) And since the wing and undertray have already been done... Is there a chance you will make a reproduction body? (not improved like the other parts, just repro).

:) Yes, apart from the diff pressure plates Nimrod can do a whole car now. It is cheaper to buy a set of NIP gears (easy) than have Nimrod make a set though. But again, all the parts are being tested thoroughly before they are sold.

We have already made the body.... ;)

The first orders were postage packed up in the office yesterday! WOO HOO!! Finally! :):P :P

:) Yes, apart from the diff pressure plates Nimrod can do a whole car now. It is cheaper to buy a set of NIP gears (easy) than have Nimrod make a set though. But again, all the parts are being tested thoroughly before they are sold.

We have already made the body.... :P

The first orders were postage packed up in the office yesterday! WOO HOO!! Finally! :) :) :P

Hi Singapore,

I was expecting an email from you on Monday regarding postage prior to ordering the parts (chatted via email from Nimrod).

All the best

Steve Denning

Hi Singapore,

I was expecting an email from you on Monday regarding postage prior to ordering the parts (chatted via email from Nimrod).

All the best

Steve Denning

Contacted you! ;):D

2 parcels were DPD shipped today! :)

Depends on you wheel offset. The arms are the Dyna Blaster length and wheel depending you can have 24-28cm footprint.

When compared with a B3 we used for testing it is the the same dep on wheels used.

And we have been racing the car for 2 seasons now with no problems :):D

It's designed to be raced! ;) ;) :)

Are you really sure now? Keep in mind that the original 2.2 star dish wheels actually have a very small offset, i.e they almost make the car as narrow as possible. I really doubt you can run any less offset than that on the car, perhaps 1 or 2 mm on each side but not more than that.. as I remember it, those Dyna Blaster arms are at least 15 mm wider on each arm.

Are you really sure now? Keep in mind that the original 2.2 star dish wheels actually have a very small offset, i.e they almost make the car as narrow as possible. I really doubt you can run any less offset than that on the car, perhaps 1 or 2 mm on each side but not more than that.. as I remember it, those Dyna Blaster arms are at least 15 mm wider on each arm.

They do appear to be the right length to me. Keep in mind that the pictures are of the chassis plate and one arm only. Because it's so bare the arm looks much bigger :D

it almost looks like I can build a new Dyna Storm using these parts ...tempting

I've read every single line on the 6 pages and am very impressed. I only whish you would have doen this with a car I own :P

But seriously, I can not help but wonder why Nimrod is making a re-design of a re-release which will only run for a certain time (is th DS even still available, or stopped already? Sorry for my ignorance when it comes to your favourite).

I hope the car will come a s a total package at one point, or a fully own design is in the works too?

There is no point making a repro shell, you can still get them from japan for cheap thanks to the rerelease.

I would like a revised shell will higher side-pods and air scoops so that brushless esc's with a fan fitted will be able to go into the shell. The current shell isnt high enough and you need to hack a big hole in it.

There is no point making a repro shell, you can still get them from japan for cheap thanks to the rerelease.

I would like a revised shell will higher side-pods and air scoops so that brushless esc's with a fan fitted will be able to go into the shell. The current shell isnt high enough and you need to hack a big hole in it.

Unfortunately many of us don't live in Japan or cannot really read Japanese :P So ordering one from Japan is a bit of an effort for non-Japanese people ;) A revised shell would be a big risk on the cosmetics of the car... You'd have to do very well to match the nice looks of the original body and the biggest chance is it will just ruin the looks of it... But for racing use it would be nice indeed :)

Unfortunately many of us don't live in Japan or cannot really read Japanese :P So ordering one from Japan is a bit of an effort for non-Japanese people ;) A revised shell would be a big risk on the cosmetics of the car... You'd have to do very well to match the nice looks of the original body and the biggest chance is it will just ruin the looks of it... But for racing use it would be nice indeed :)

Well i dont know japanese either, but I can use the internet :D

All im saying mate is that you can get a dyna shell for less than £30 delivered (shell / wing / decals) from a range of shops on the world wide web jasons store etc.

The point of the nimrod stuff is to make the car become competitive.. not be a repro. To be competitve you want to be able to fit all brushless systems.. Which at the moment you cant because the shell is made for electronics from 15 years ago ;) The ideal would be to make a new shell or to revise the bottom plate of the chassis to be more narrow so you could use generic shells like team arashi ones.

Hi everyone,

been on the road for a few days and only just got back. I will be in at Nimrod tomorrow and will check up on the postings and latest happenings.

The body was done because Nimrod have fallen in love with the car as much as I am. Yes new shells can still sometimes be found. But if you want one and can't wait for the odd one to appear on the 'bay then enthusiasts now have another option. :wub:

That is what this is all about - development for enthusiasts. The whole project started because I enjoy the DS and get particular pleasure out of chasing & beating new models on track. Along the way it means unavailable parts become available for everyone, and there is some hope of business return for the fantastic team at Nimrod. :) :) :lol: That we have got this far is a miracle to me already. The project exceeds my wildest dreams, and it's just been very lucky that my passion infected the guys at Nimrod because I cannot imagine any other prototyping company going so far on something which has such a tiny/limited market.

The body buck may be able to be modded to fit a brushless, but I imagine that first a high percentage of its use life would have to given to std shells, and the balance to modded for brushless shells. And any design add would have to meet our 'tamiya style/feeling' test ;):D I will follow up on this. The DS EVO and the DL chassis' bottoms are narrower than the std chassis - so this may be a solution for qatmix already. I will measure the widths for you.

The wide arms can be made to fit 25cm but it does require setting up to do so. Remember this is a modified race car - we have several wheels, hub, mount and drive shaft combos that allow all sorts of variation. The size you use is up to your own combo of these. We use the car in the Tamiya cup locally and in open races, organizers have so far been very happy accomodating the car in its various forms.

The next race is this coming weekend, and it is the last indoor for the season. We may be trialing the new integrated chassis as a second car. I will get picts and ofcourse post up! :) :)