Singapore_959

New Dyna Storm Parts

It wasn´t plain to me that a Dyna Blaster roll bar exists and that it fits for the Dyna Storm.

Now i know but i´m not able to find a shop with any stock on hand.

Does someone know a source?

**** you singapore 959! you made me buy this!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=120405743810

cant wait to get it here and see what nimrod parts i need :lol:

Same problem here. I bought a NIB Dyna Storm. :blink: I already wanted one, but this topic convinced me to actually do so (and quickly). I won't just buy all Nimrod parts, but I think I am going for a wing (for running), repro body (for running/custom painted body) and maybe the Rear lower suspension mounts... If they indeed solve the problem of the loosening screws and oval holes in the chassis plate.

**** you singapore 959! you made me buy this!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=120405743810

cant wait to get it here and see what nimrod parts i need :)

Singapore_959 says you've been a bad boy! You should have taken your wife/girlfriend for dinner instead! :D :D

Lol, good for you redzone! You should have a GREAT time with your fantastic new buggy :):D:) Particularly sliding it around on tarmac :)

Nice buy!

Nimrod would be very happy to help you make your DS even better! B)

Top stuff!

And you too, Orgineelreclamebord!!! NIB!!!!! You are going to enjoy building that!

Singapore_959 says you've been a bad boy! You should have taken your wife/girlfriend for dinner instead! :D :D

Lol, good for you redzone! You should have a GREAT time with your fantastic new buggy :):)B) Particularly sliding it around on tarmac :)

Nice buy!

Nimrod would be very happy to help you make your DS even better! :)

Top stuff!

And you too, Orgineelreclamebord!!! NIB!!!!! You are going to enjoy building that!

I couldn't find a New Built or lightly run car, so when I saw a NIB one in the traderoom me hands did the work of making an email before my mind could say "Shouldn't you wait, you've just bought a TA03...?" :D

I bet I'm gonna enjoy it :D It looks lovely, and what I heard of it drives great too! Ah well, I'll sell a few cars soon, too. I just can't afford electrics for all those cars and I need room... :P

And I asked you something earlier about those 5 spoke rims... I love the way they look - so will they be on sale and do you have the specifications (dimensions) of them? And will there be thin width fronts of them as well?

And I asked you something earlier about those 5 spoke rims... I love the way they look - so will they be on sale and do you have the specifications (dimensions) of them? And will there be thin width fronts of them as well?

:D

The wheels are ready for sale, they just haven't been put up on the webshop yet. Tomorrow afternoon I hope to visit the R-Design/Nimrod office and will ask about it. I have used them during the last 2 races and they have held up flawlessly, including many big cartwheel landings from large ramps. I use Dt02 front tires/narrow 4wd fronts. I will check if the wheels fit the std DS tires (I think the tires will be too narrow but András @ Nimrod says they do fit. I will take along some orig DS fronts and actually try them on).

I will also search for the DB front roll bar and when I find it can set it up on a DS and post up photos for everyone to see. Gulp, now where is it??

I have not tried a lipo in the integrated chassis, but I have tried the ORION 3000something and 5000something packs (black and silver ones) in the DS Evo and DL chassis and the fit was no problem.

^_^

The wheels are ready for sale, they just haven't been put up on the webshop yet. Tomorrow afternoon I hope to visit the R-Design/Nimrod office and will ask about it. I have used them during the last 2 races and they have held up flawlessly, including many big cartwheel landings from large ramps. I use Dt02 front tires/narrow 4wd fronts. I will check if the wheels fit the std DS tires (I think the tires will be too narrow but András @ Nimrod says they do fit. I will take along some orig DS fronts and actually try them on).

I will also search for the DB front roll bar and when I find it can set it up on a DS and post up photos for everyone to see. Gulp, now where is it??

I have not tried a lipo in the integrated chassis, but I have tried the ORION 3000something and 5000something packs (black and silver ones) in the DS Evo and DL chassis and the fit was no problem.

The tires will have to be stretched a bit in width to fit them in that case... And assuming the diameter is 2.2 inch might need a little stretching (the DS's are 2.16) but may fit :lol:

It would be cool if there will be Nimrod fronts for the thinner buggy front wheels too - especially considering what I've heard from the DS's front bite it doesn't need that wide fronts...?

Lol, good for you redzone! You should have a GREAT time with your fantastic new buggy :)^_^:lol: Particularly sliding it around on tarmac :)

Nice buy!

Nimrod would be very happy to help you make your DS even better! :D

Top stuff!

haha yes indeed. i'm gonna need a body, wing and undertray at the very least, then the front and rear suspension mounting points (d parts?) next. any chance you could pm me a price list of everything they do at this point? cheers!

can you possibly email me a price list of every part nimrod currently do, to garage_redzone@hotmail.com? cheers. also where do i get these square brand front uprights from? cant find a seller for them...

Any news about the rims? They are still not available in nimrod shop.

:)

The wheels are ready for sale, they just haven't been put up on the webshop yet.....

I´ve got the wheels- they are so nice- perhaps i need a second set for the shelf only :-))

Many thanks to Singapore_959 and Nimrod Team for this high sophisticated job.

I´ve got the wheels- they are so nice- perhaps i need a second set for the shelf only :-))

Cool B) Please let us know how the wider front tires drive compared to the original setup; I love the wheels but I'm concerned it changes the handling (which for now keeps me from buying them)...

Dear Joe999,

It's great to hear you are so happy with all the DS/DL parts :)

The guys at Nimrod are very happy that the parts are making owners happy and people are buying them. The amount of work they have done to get to all this has been amazing. Development continues, but I have been struggling with things outside r/c hence few posts from me these past weeks. The lightweight clutch design has been improved and, paradoxically for once, lowers the price also - so that is great news. Expect photos soon.

Some GULP! news - we tried a little version of NCAP testing with the DL 'space' top deck chassis. I was not keen on the idea of purposely destroying a Dyna Lightning but the Nimrod chief engineer just had to do it. So we have results from 2 full throttle head on to solid wall crashes. :oB) As 'my' race car was used for tests I was 'interested' in the results!! :D The results are, I have to say, impressive. This chassis, as already mentioned, is incredibly stiff - the stiffest DS evo design so far. So I expected the car to be a total right off. What actually happened was the space top deck acts as a huge energy absorber and saves the chassis and rest of the car. The ONLY part that broke was the carbon hybrid top deck. In same place in both tests. :) :)

17T motor, 4200mAh battery, 42m run up, tarmac, full throttle.

We were well impressed. I will get some photos of the test and damage shots and post them up.

The carbon blade and carbon flat dish wheels are now for sale and on the website. For Origineelreclamebord especially, a new mold has been made up of the front blade wheels in the orginal DS slim front size. This will be added to their webshop this Wednesday. So mate, there you are! B)

I am testing them on my car now.

http://www.nimrod-racing.net/products.php?cat_id=36

Other news is, r-design/Nimrod have recently done a project for another major car manufacturer and via this and further development with the dyna, they have come up with a new plastic/carbon composite that is especially suitable for UPRIGHTS and shock towers. So this may negate the use of the rear carbon shock stay and the metal uprights. It's a material that looks and feels a little similar to what Kyosho are using on the Lazer but its much much stronger. I have the first uprights with me right now and will be building them on to the test car this week for the first trials. So bye bye to the lovely Square brand rear uprights that I have been so happy with so far. I will post up the results of the test period. B)

Get your Dyna's out and go for a good blast!!! :)B)

Dear Joe999,

It's great to hear you are so happy with all the DS/DL parts :)

For Origineelreclamebord especially, a new mold has been made up of the front blade wheels in the orginal DS slim front size. This will be added to their webshop this Wednesday. So mate, there you are! :D

That's great B) Thanks a lot, I will definetely need to get those! I will probably need to stretch the already tight 2.16 inch Tamiya tires (The Blade wheels were 2.2 inch, right?) or get some other tires that work nice with the car, but these wheels are a must - As is the underguard. I will order these parts once I get to building my car (for now I need to make room by selling stuff before I actually build something).

PS: These cars are really works of art - From the Shell to the Suspension Arms - Everything looks just perfect B) And I haven't even driven one yet!

Cool B) Please let us know how the wider front tires drive compared to the original setup; I love the wheels but I'm concerned it changes the handling (which for now keeps me from buying them)...

I´m driving my Dyna using DT-02 rims and tires always, so i notice poor differences with Nimrod Racing Blades. Perhaps a touch of increased understeering due to less weight and my extremely soft rear setup. I´m sure i can solve this varying the rear shocks position.

Great News Singapore! Hopefully in a month or so I can place an order. I want to buy as much as I can in one order to save on shipping. I must say those wheels are superb, congratulation. But, they are quite an indulgence for $78 dollars. Too rich for my blood. I will be sticking to the tried and true inexpensive ones. I would faint if They got damaged during a run. I would love to see them mounted though.

This has been an impressive process to say the least! I am very impressed with the level of quality and professionalism for such a small scale level of production.

I wish these guys could make some key parts for the Thundershot to fix the problematic fragile parts!

This has been an impressive process to say the least! I am very impressed with the level of quality and professionalism for such a small scale level of production.

I wish these guys could make some key parts for the Thundershot to fix the problematic fragile parts!

I second that!

Hey Singapore will the standard DS CVDs work with the longer rear arms? If not what do you recommend? Thanks.

havnt received an email, how do i buy these parts? i broke my rear D parts on the weekend (already cracked) so i need them asap. i'm cashed up, but what do i do if their webshop isnt working?? and how do i know what $$$$??????

havnt received an email, how do i buy these parts? i broke my rear D parts on the weekend (already cracked) so i need them asap. i'm cashed up, but what do i do if their webshop isnt working?? and how do i know what $$$$??????

Hi Redzone,

I am sorry to hear about your D parts. There are still, from memory, 4 sets of the preprod sets available.

The website & shop has been working for many weeks now, all the orders have been received that way. Here is the page with the D parts.

http://www.nimrod-racing.net/products.php?cat_id=41

info@r-design.hu also can be used.

Joe999 - thank you for your email, we'll get you sorted tomorrow :lol:

DynaHead - the wide arms require DynaBlaster or TR-15T shafts, but you can use other brands as well - just need to match the length depending on the upright you use if it is not the standard DS one. I think KingCab ones will also fit - I will check that out for you.

Power Surge - I do not know, perhaps you want to ask the guys at Nimrod?

tried to order a swag of parts then but the shop borked when i tried to pay for it using paypal. sent them an email on the address you gave me :) shipping to australia was showing as 76 euro's though! it would want to be less than that lol

Hi Redzone!

Yes the website works as a 'window', ordering is best done via the email address :)

I was at the Nimrod office early this evening actually, progressing with the clutch and helping out with checking items before they are posted to lucky new owners. I saw your order :o nice!

Your parts should be made, finished and posted Monday I would think. I am sure the guys will sort the correct postage price for you quickly. The size of the undercowl makes it a bit harder to post cheaply.

I might be in QLD at Christmas, will have to take a DL with me if so! :blink:

ah nice one! and yes please do! will you be anywhere near the sunshine coast? be prepared for over 35 degree c weather at that time of year ;)

BTW, what are you guys using for front tires/wheel on your DS? I cant find ones that fit the original star dish wheels.

BTW, what are you guys using for front tires/wheel on your DS? I cant find ones that fit the original star dish wheels.

I have used the 4wd front tires on DT02 front wheels. These are the tamiya mini pin type tyres. (Dark impact etc).

Schumacher mini pins front wide also, they are the same width, but more grippy. The pins are sharper and thinner.