Sign in to follow this  
GroupCracer

What Pinion For Terra Conqueror And Rz Motor?

I picked up a really really tidy Terra Conqueror that I'm gonna run in the local off road Tamiya class. I've got my CPR 160F in there with an Tamiya RZ motor. Now the motor gets stupidly hot. I'm assuming its because of the 21T pinion that it came with! I looked in the manual and they come with an 18t as standard.

Would a 16t or 17t be ok with the RZ? I don't think I can go lower because the plastic motor mount only has provision for 16t - 21t.

thanks

Al

TerraConqueror1.jpg

Ok tried the 16t and its far too slow. I would have thought the 16t would have had the thing flying off the line but it didn't. It accelerated in a similar fashion but then ran out of puff really quickly. Upside is I got much more run time and the motor was just warm after 4 mins of wide open throttle.

Maybe there's something else causing the motor to work too hard? Do the gearboxes, axles, etc all move nice and freely? I think the TC came with bearings as standard - if not have you got bearings fitted?

Yeah they come with full bearings as standard :D

The performance is great with the 21t pinion, it might just be too high geared for the motor though.

The front drive shafts are a bit bent though....I have some new ones coming from Jason's Store this week.