jt323

56018 King Tiger

I recently bought a King Tiger, have followed all the instructions to the letter but Iam getting a high pitched noise coming from the motors when running at low speed. On occasion it acts erratically.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be as i seem to have hit a brick wall at the minute.

hi m8 i would try it with out the tracks first

if ithis not fouling on the shell

then hava look in the gear box and see if the the pinion is not linned up?

Hi, I've got a Sherman, and I have got to say, "They are not quiet when they run"... I spent a lot of time on mine, including ballracing the output shaft of the gearbox, in an attempt to get it to run quieter.. I was successful with one gearbox, but not with the other.. Unfortunately because of the noise, I do not run my tank as often as I would like..

You will often find that a motor will squeel if the oil-lite bushings go dry. The first thing I would do is get a needle oiler of quality bushing oil, (sewing machine oil is good here) and put a drop on the bushing at each end of the motor (NOT in the motor), and also on any of the bushings and rotating shafts in the gearbox.. You could also put a small amount of grease on the gears if there isnt any there now.

If that doesnt work, then it will probably mean removing the motors and gearboxes so you can try and isolate the problem.

When you have the gearboxes and motors out, run the tank again, and check to see if the noise is still there.. Obviously if the noise is gone, then the noise is probably coming from the wheels or tracks, not the motor or gearbox.. If its still noisy, remove the motor from the gearbox and run again..

Its just a process of elimination..

Cheers.

Are we talking 'speed controller' noise here?

From the description it does sort of suggest it....

The 'acts erratically' pushed my thinking in that direction.

-Rob

Are we talking 'speed controller' noise here?

From the description it does sort of suggest it....

The 'acts erratically' pushed my thinking in that direction.

-Rob

Hi

It seems that when you slowly accelerate I get the high pitched noise but when I go to high speed it disappears, I also get the noise when firing the main gun.

I have also had trouble with the rotation of the turret, when I have the upper hull off there is no problem but when i connect it to the lower hull it seems to have trouble rotating to the left side.

From your description it still sounds like speed controller motor noise, but, I think we're now into the realms of "find someone local to you to give it the once over".....

The turret rotation suggests a mechanical interference, careful inspection and a little/lots of trial and error.

Not much use to you really I'm afraid, but it's all I can suggest remotely for now.

edit: There's a *VERY* good forum on rcuniverse for tanks - I learnt alot myself there: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_369/tt.htm

-Rob