Rob606

Mamba Brushless

I am looking to upgrade my Kyosho Lazer ZX5 with Mamba Brushless motor and speed control. Can anyone recommend which one to put in? I have looked at the 4600, 5700 & 6900. I have heard that the 7700 is too fast. Crazy idea!!!

Not sure on your application but I can reccomend their motors. Have you checked their website? I think they sell a direct replacement kit?

I have a 4600 in a TA-02 touring car, really smooth, works extremely well, and a 7700 in the Durga. Super sets, maybe you should take the 5700 or 6900 for torque/speed balance.

Max

I have a 4600 in a TA-02 touring car, really smooth, works extremely well, and a 7700 in the Durga. Super sets, maybe you should take the 5700 or 6900 for torque/speed balance.

Max

I've got a 4600 in a Traxxas Rustler truck. Fast enough for me (especially with 7-cells). The faster it goes, the more stuff breaks and the more expensive it gets. Mind you. I have a couple of 6800's in 1/18th trucks with the Mamba 25 ESC and they are absolutely bonkers. I'd say you'd be fine with any of them. But unless you're running on a disused airfield or full size GP track then the 4600 or 5700 will probably do you ;-)

Pete

Thanks for the help guys!

I decided to go for the 5700 Mamba Max motor and Speed Control. Can't wait to fit this and get it running. I think this should be a good middle ground for speed and power as I want to use it off road aswell.