Sign in to follow this  
B.M.T.

Why Do I Have -3 New Messages?.

Hi all

I seem to have a problem receiving messages from other members. On the top righthand corner it states that I have 2 new messages but there are not appearing. My inbox is only 16% full with 7 read messages. Any idea's

Thanks

arh21

looking a bit closer it looks like -2 new messages in the top right

There's no reason we can find that it happens, it does eventually sort itself out, but there's no reason behind that either, sorry.

It happens to me if I use the 'back' button on the browser at anytime while in the message list.

Get someone to send you a few messages will solve it.

I feel better, I have just joined this exclusive club of having -3 messages :angry::angry:

Where is the club house, and what's the best thing to order? :mellow:

Hi,

Not a big problem, but does anybody have an idea why the forum always shows I have "-7 New Messages" (in upright corner)?

I have had few times my inbox full (in terms of space and messages) so maybe that has something to do with that. Its been like 6months now.

Thanks

-Lauri

Edit:Ah, sorry there were already thread about the subject. Should had look better.

Ah, sorry there were already thread about the subject

I merged 'em all again :)

The basic answer is nobody really knows what makes it happen, the technical answer is nobody really knows what makes it happen :)

Up until yesterday I had -2 but now I'm on 0 and haven't received any to make up the deficit.

is there a feature within the admin panel to "recount posts" or something similar?

this could fix it. obviously it is a bug in the code, but there will be a fix.

i am guessing that this forum runs off a mysql database, with it being written in php (usual combo)

i am a php programmer btw :)

I'm the same as Erich, 2 unread emails but I've never been able to find them despite clicking on every piece of mail. I'd trade them for someone who has negative 2, will see what I can do! lol

James

Has anyone else been having trouble with the PM info system (was happening before the hack too) whereby the info in the top right corner is wrong? Mine currently says I have minus 4 messages when I have actually deleted everything. :D

I also notice that the pop-up message function does not seem to work anymore therefore I tend to accidently miss PMs that have been sent to to me, until I go looking for them. Any reason for that?

deleting messages seems to knock the message counter to negative numbers, and when negative the PM pop-up box doesn't pop up fully whena new message is received. Once you get back to a positive number it seesm to rectify itself. Send your self 3 or 4 messages to get back to zero and it should then be fine.

deleting messages seems to knock the message counter to negative numbers, and when negative the PM pop-up box doesn't pop up fully whena new message is received. Once you get back to a positive number it seesm to rectify itself. Send your self 3 or 4 messages to get back to zero and it should then be fine.

Yeah that works but it seems a bit bizarre to have to do that. B)

Also limits the amount of messages you can receive.

Topics merged

As you can see, it's a long running 'issue' that we've never found an answer to

Eventually the counter does zero itself without intervention (normally a day or so)

I've just deleted all mine (30+) and it's now reading -6 so there's no pattern to it

B):P;):lol: at reading through this thread.

I can't believe I have missed this over the last 4 years! Keeps TWINSET on his toes if nothing else. ;)

I've slipped back to -2. I am just used to it now B)

ok.. now i am facing this issue from today...it is at -2 and only 47% full ??!! :lol:

lool, came to nutral after receiving 2 PMs

lool, came to nutral after receiving 2 PMs

im at -2 right now