Jasons

M03 Dual Motor, Is It Possible

Hi Guys,

I am keen on putting together a dual motor mini based on the M03 chassis, has anyone done this before??

I was windering if something could be done with a combination with the M04 chassis?

Thanks

You can combine the FWD and RWD M-chassis but I don't think the shell would fit after that.

Grtz Dee.

Grahoo made an M03/M04 hybrid monster truck using a custom-made bracket to attach the M03 front to the M04 rear. I believe that using this bracket you could make a twin-motor M-chassis car that is still compatible with M-chassis shells.

Here is a link to the showroom article: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=3279

And here is a link to the technical document on how it was created: http://tuyosi.ath.cx/nic/goblin/parts.html

I'm not sure exactly how short you can make it without modifying the existing gearboxes but I'd have thought a Mini shell would fit without too much bother.

Ax

EDIT: Looks like Grahoo's site isn't up at that link any more, will try to find the correct one...

great looks similar to mine but with the dual motors

I am currently running on an 18T Pinion gear, but have just order a 16T from ebay, it just doesnt have enough power at the moment.

post-24580-1208966652.jpg

post-24580-1208966736.jpg

One word: Twinkie...

Search the forums B)

I did try, but aftre the 400th post thought it would be easier to post the question, you guys are the fountain of all Tamiya knowledge!!!! :)

You're Barking Mad :)

I would love to see a video of this creature when you're done. I've always thought the mini was twitchy with a sport tuned motor, but TWO motors? Yeehaw!

I suppose the mini would be impressive even if all four tires were spinning like mad. Have you considered twin mamba max brushless systems and perhaps a small set of wings, discretely placed near the door handles? B)

Although, on second thought that might send it over the top and the military could consider it a guided [unguided?] missile.

You're Barking Mad :D

I would love to see a video of this creature when you're done. I've always thought the mini was twitchy with a sport tuned motor, but TWO motors? Yeehaw!

I suppose the mini would be impressive even if all four tires were spinning like mad. Have you considered twin mamba max brushless systems and perhaps a small set of wings, discretely placed near the door handles? :D

Although, on second thought that might send it over the top and the military could consider it a guided [unguided?] missile.

lol :lol: Hopefully it should have similar performance to my double blaze, at the moment it scrables about trying to find grip. I had lots of fun with the wheels and tyres catching the body, so had to change to lunchbox tyres, they just dont have same grip as the originals.

I have got some other tyres on order, so it may improve things until I get the twin motor sorted.