Well the trouble and strife has been on about getting a wii for ages and its her birthday on saturday so I skived off work early and went and got one!

I got the wii, mario kart, worms, brain game and extra controllers - nearly died when he rung it all up!

Then went and bought a special plasma mount so i can swing the telly out from the wall to give us more room.

So are they any fun or have I just blown a load of tamiya cash :)

my friend and my son's friend have a wii and they are pretty fun. Canival games is a great game and the sport games are fun. My friend and I boxed each other and we were dead tired after 3 rounds.

Grpahics are Okay compared to the awesome stuff you get from the Xbox 360 and PS3

Yeah ive got a ps3 and never use it - just waiting for the new grand theft auto to be released then it will get an airing!

Spend all the time i used to spend on gaming on rc now.

Hopefully the wii will be a laugh when we have friends round!

Hi, I don't think you'll be disapointed with the wii, it's a different kettle of fish to other consoles like the x box and playstations, its a lot more involving and sociable, great to play when friends are around.

Graphics are about on par with PS2 in my opinion.

Hopefully be getting Mario Kart this weekend!!

Prepare to be fit as a fiddle!

My bro has a Wii and i can say it is REALLY good fun.My family all had a shot of the 10 pin bowling,it was hilarious!i could even "bowl" from the back door(whilst having a crafty fag!)

One thing my bro did show me was the very good internet browser the Wii has.good for looking stuff up if you dont need to input much.

The Nasa weather and news is really good too.

The Wii has a "board" coming out soon that allows motion tracking for games like fitness and prob fighting games,whereby you stand on the board and move about to translate your actions on screen! :)

The Wii has a "board" coming out soon that allows motion tracking for games like fitness and prob fighting games,whereby you stand on the board and move about to translate your actions on screen! :D

That'll be the 'Wii Fit' which is released on Friday (25th) in the UK

That's it Fatboyslim!

I reckon the "fitness" angle wil be its primary launch focus.(to capture the imagination of the female buyer etc)

but once rolled out i think it will be back to the good ol fightin an shootin.watch as home insurance claims rise as kids and dads try to "dragon punch" and end up fallin into the tv! :D

So are they any fun or have I just blown a load of tamiya cash :D

They're amazing until you get smacked round the head with a Nunchuk... it hurts!!

Matt

Talk of the devil..and he's sure to appear!

just saw an advert for the Wii Fit on tv.i guess it is aimed more at fitness...oh well no Street Fighter Mega Capcom versus Mario and Sonic with guest star Crash Bandicoot Ultra Battle 5 only on Wii ,then. :D

Just make sure you have a good firm grasp of the Wii-Mote and Nunchuck..

Or we'll all be reading about it on:

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

A site that's keeping a tally of the Wii-motes that have met with and unfortunate and untimely end when the wrist strap breaks

The Wii is a fantastic machine - it's not on a par with the XBox and PS3 technically, but the unique controls mean it is a great machine for social play with people. Games like bowling and golf can be picked up quickly by anyone, so it's something that you can use when you have friends around. I was one of the lucky ones to get one at Christmas last year, and my family and friends have had a lot of fun with it.

If you've got broadband you can download some old console games for the N64, Sega Megadrive etc for the console, which is a good way to relive some of the older games. I've got the web browser, it costs a fiver but well worth it, and the BBC iPlayer is now being tested on the Wii, so you can watch programs from the last 7 days at any time you like.

Also, if you have got a Gamecube, you can play those games on it. So if you want to boost your collection of games, you can pop down to Gamestation and pick up Gamecube titles dirt cheap. The Gamecube controllers and memory plug straight into the Wii so it's easy to play old Gamecube games on there.

The only thing I don't like is that my Mario Kart broke my Wii on the system update, and it's going back for repair as soon as I receive the returns label :D . So at the moment I am Wii-less.

Wii's are cool. Had mine around 9 months now and really enjoy it. I don't have a lot of time to play so it's prolly only seen a few hours use from new. That said, I bought Mario Kart plus and extra Wii Wheel last week and the missus and I have been having great fun racing. I bought a PS3 last week too, but it's barely been used because the Wii is so much fun. Actually, that latter bit is a lie. The Wii is fun, but the darned updates for GT5 (the only game I am interested in on PS3 right now) keeps failing. About 20 times so far. PITA so I have shelved it for the time being. Only used it twice. Might fire it up again when I get the next GTA as I can't be bothered right now. If I wanted to patch my console and games every time I turn it on, I'd have bought one that runs Windows...

Must say, EDTV Wii output is very good but no match for the 1080p that my PS3 is driving my plasma with. Stunning. Which is more fun...? Tough call. I love driving games and bought a Gameracer Pro ( www.gameracer.co.uk ) to use with my Driving Force Pro. It is awesome, but you can't beat the little Wii for multiplayer fun, cutesy Nintendo gfx etc. If you look past the fact it's a gamecube with fancy controllers it's a great machine. Value for money - IMO Wii is miles ahead just because of the multplayer fun - we had a hoot playing Wii Sports over Xmas when we had visitors.

Well she got it this morning and hasn't stopped playing it yet!

Took me ages to get it all plugged in with the suround sound and things but it sounds ace!

Did pop into town after lunch to look for wii fit and they are all sold out, oh well!

That's it Fatboyslim!

Yeah tell me about it

I work for Britains largest electrical retailer in the National distribution centre and we had 10,000 of the **** things

delivered over the course of last week

Well i just bit the bullet and ordered one on Epay!

Bargain buy it now with loads of games :-)

so no new cralwer for me now :-(

Ah well got to keep someone happy :-)

they are good fun especially mario kart!

only she doesn't get too happy when i beat her......!

they are good fun especially mario kart!

only she doesn't get too happy when i beat her......!

I agree, Mario Kart is great.

Maybe we should all have our own race!