Sign in to follow this  
tupers

Predator Xrs

Ive been thinking about getting my self one of these but thought I would see what you guys thought of them first. I was gunna get a B44 but I dont like how it comes with all imperial screws. I like the style and individuality of the predator and I hear that they drive really well. So what do you guys think of them, has anyone raced them and how do they hold up??

I’ve been thinking about getting my self one of these but thought I would see what you guys thought of them first. I was gunna get a B44 but I don’t like how it comes with all imperial screws. I like the style and individuality of the predator and I hear that they drive really well. So what do you guys think of them, has anyone raced them and how do they hold up??

both very good cars but both very expensive, an alternative an cheaper cars are available and very good straight from the box, like the tamiya durga and the kyosho zx5 both good cars

The Predators have always facinated me, I think they look awesome! The problem with the earlier cars was Spares, but I believe they have a decent backup service. For Racing I would look at something cheaper though, cos my racer gets a beating!

The Predators have always facinated me, I think they look awesome! The problem with the earlier cars was Spares, but I believe they have a decent backup service. For Racing I would look at something cheaper though, cos my racer gets a beating!

I've looked o their wed site and they seem to have all the spares up and instock. I don't know what you mean about price though. The XRS is only 200.00 thats cheaper than any other race spec buggy. I think I will be getting one even if I don't race it much. Anyone want to buy a new built Xray T2,007 :) .

Great cars and the XRS has always been a bargain, especially as there are very few differences between it and the X10, and most differences between the XRS and X11 are down to changes of materials rather than bits missing, the one way being the only major difference between the two cars. The XRS plastic isn't reinforced with carbon like the full spec kits, but that means you have less chance of snapping them :) Be aware that the different rocker geometry of the XRS means setups for the X10 and X11 will not work exactly the same, unless you upgrade to the alloy rockers.

both very good cars but both very expensive,
Not in the world of racing buggies. Try the X11, Schumacher CAT SX, Tamiya 501X JConcepts BJ4 or Yokomo BX :o

Personally spwaking, I would keep well away from Predators, especially the XRS.

In the past 3 years, I have raced:

Pred X10

Lazxer ZX-5

Cat 2000

Cat 3000

XX4

X-5

TRF501X.

I can say now that the second worst car out of all of them was the Predator. It is good on the flat, but not too clever over the bumps due to low volume shocks. It also struggles with pack in the shocks. The transmission is poor, without a slipper clutch, and though advertised as life time guaranteed, it isnt worth having the car sitting round while you sned off a broken crown wheel to wait for another, probably manufactured for a few pence, to come back through the post.

The pred is struggling, which is why they are selling it to what they call 'team drivers' for a discount, and thats the only way they're shifting them.

If I was you, for a cheap 4WD off road car, I would get the Lazer ZX-5 or if you can stretch a bit more, a B44. Both very strong and quick, the B44 more so. If you want the ultimate, get a TRF501X, I dont think anything can toughit for strength, stability and speed. Might be worth looking at a Hotbodies D4 aswell.

Ant questions on the cars, just shout.

Ive been thinking about getting my self one of these but thought I would see what you guys thought of them first. I was gunna get a B44 but I dont like how it comes with all imperial screws. I like the style and individuality of the predator and I hear that they drive really well. So what do you guys think of them, has anyone raced them and how do they hold up??

I raced A Predator X10 for 1 Season. I tried everything to be competitive. The last time I took it to the track I broke it in all 3 qualifiers and again in the main!!. That was enough for me. I sold it and bought a Tamiya TRF 501X. What a difference. I would also stay away from the Kyosho ZX5. I have friends that run those and they break easy as well. The Academy V2 Pro 4WD is very durable and priced right. Maybe try that one.