Sign in to follow this  
Jasons

Review Of Mini Cooper Sporting M03

Nice to see.

Who wrote it? It's got quite a few facts wrong.

Pretty odd choice of pictures to show at the end of a review of the M03 kit - there's hardly anything left of the original chassis!

Nice to see.

Who wrote it? It's got quite a few facts wrong.

let me know what you think needs changed and ill get it sorted

Pretty odd choice of pictures to show at the end of a review of the M03 kit - there's hardly anything left of the original chassis!

just a bit of fun, its actually just the suspension components and drive shafts that have changed

Under "About the model" it mentions a 3 step and electronic speed controller. Currently comes with the ESC only.

Further down it mentions your need 2 servos, you only need one.

21T pinion gear doesn't fit. 20, 18 or 16 only.

I would recomend the TA03 Ball diff, not the bulky manta ray one.

Ta,

Also, the motor is mid-mounted, not front-mounted. It doesn't have dual wishbone suspension either, although that's also wrong on this website...

just a bit of fun, its actually just the suspension components and drive shafts that have changed

...and the wheels, body mounts, bumpers... I can see what you're saying - and it does show how modifiable the chassis is, but it's a bit misleading when the review is of the M03 chassis...

Apart from all that though, the main part of your review is good...

Thanks for the feedback guys I have changed acordingly.

With regards to below:

21T pinion gear doesn't fit. 20, 18 or 16 only.

you are quite righ tofficially it only runs with 20, 18 and 16, and I have changed in article.

However 21t fits in if you use the 20t holes, and I have got one that is running with a 22t, but had to drill additional hole in chassis.

it is able to put the power down a little better, and top end speed is pretty impressive, if a little unstable if you hit a pot hole. :)

As for ball race, I am actually using a diff from 3 racing but not an official tamiya upgrade so didnt put it in article. It allows you to tighten and loosen on the fly, but does require enlargement to holes in chassis to 10mm, I personally think this is a great item, see picture.

Anyway thanks again for the feedback guys, I am planning on putting up some more RC reviews, so would be happy if you have any thoughts on what I should be looking at, I have a Twin Det as well, but review would be pretty much the same as the Blaze one. :D

858f_1.jpg

post-24580-1209725774.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys I have changed acordingly.

However 21t fits in if you use the 20t holes, and I have got one that is running with a 22t, but had to drill additional hole in chassis.

It allows you to tighten and loosen on the fly, but does require enlargement to holes in chassis to 10mm, I personally think this is a great item, see picture.

Interesting.....

I have been toying with drilling my chassis to allow a bigger pinion... I am sure with 27 and 23 turn motors it would be an improvement on top speed without overloading them... With a standard motor and 20t pinion you still get lots of wheel spin.

I have heard bad reviews about that diff you use, glad to see some one has made it work. I'd be tempted to try one, but happy with my TA03 item.

I have one of those 3R diffs. I'm not game to install it...

If the bearing is held in by a .5mm land (once you drill out your gearbox), I could see any blow that shoves the dogbone into the diff joint could spit the diff out one side of the chassis.... Not quite all the way out, but ruin the chassis none the less.

I have one of those 3R diffs. I'm not game to install it...

If the bearing is held in by a .5mm land (once you drill out your gearbox), I could see any blow that shoves the dogbone into the diff joint could spit the diff out one side of the chassis.... Not quite all the way out, but ruin the chassis none the less.

its not really held in any more the beariing sits snugley on the inside, of the chassis and the two dogbones keep it in place.

my view was a brand new chassis is cheap enough off of ebay so in for a penny...... it has to be said I probably would not have bought it if I had known I had to drill chassis though.

But now its in I have not had any probs, sounds like I may be the only one though