sunktothenutz

Re Release Pajero 49490

Yes, released end of april. Remember they are somewhat limited.

They are VERY LIMITED.I ordered mine from fusion hobbies and they could not supply me one due to them only reciveing 4 kits from there supplier.Also modelsport have sold out.

I was even told they are discounted in japan :D:)

JR-RC of Ebay sold out 20 units in just 3 days. Some buyer bought 2 at the same time.

......yes, I saw he had 50 go in 4 days and another 15 in just 12 hours! That was the day after both Fusion and Modelsport had sold out.

Mud.

I don't understand, how can it be that limited of a release??? The RSR 30th was supposed to be limited, but they are still around over a year later. Same goes for the silver chassis Brat.

Anyone have an idea how many of these "limited" kits were made? I just don't buy the hype...

Limited until Tamiya see how well theyre selling i reckon.

I wonder how many people believe the 30th porsche is limited to 1000 kits... Shop owner where I bought it from still insists they're "limited". Didnt stop me from buying 2 of them tho.. Where did the rumor originate? I think it's just a ploy to hike the price up.

I don't understand, how can it be that limited of a release??? The RSR 30th was supposed to be limited, but they are still around over a year later.

Next batch due in June apparently. I have a couple on pre-order. Doubt I'll get them for a long time. Seems like marketing hype to me. Look at the limited release Gold lunchboxes and silver pumpkins. So-called limited release. You can still get them all over the place. Cynical marketing manipulation by Tamiya in my book. Drip feed the supply to create the hype. Don't buy into it. May cancel my orders as no-one can give me a guarantee I will actually get anything at all.

If interested Stella Models have just (within the past few hours) announced they are taking pre-orders for their next batch due in next Friday (was tomorrow but now delayed but at least they are taking orders again). Works out at about 100 delivered to UK but then you run the risk of import duties, VAT and the Royal Mail charge which would take you well over the 119 they are going for in the UK. The difference being Stella are actually getting them whereas the UK shops can't guarantee anything.

Sort yourselves out Tamiya and UK importers I say. This is rubbish service.

Pete

Just a question not a dig, but... has anybody actually spoke to The Hobby Co to see what the score is???

Does anyone know what is the retail or going price for the re-release Pajero? It seems like Tamiya has greatly jacked up the price! If memory serves me right, I purchased the Pajero 8 years ago for around HK$750.00 now is more than double. Unless Tamiya is paying a fortune in licensing rights and because of High oil prices to make the plastic than what can I say....other than HOLLY MOMEY.

This hobby in one sense is not that expense but for the same money like buying the new F350/hilux one can get a darn good tennis racket or a good mountain bike, digital camera, you know what I mean.

From stellamodels, due the low dollar.. The price tag is about 118 euro's

Really keen on getting one, love the looks of this car!

but.. on the other side,

Reaaaally promiced myself not to buy any more kits comming months.

Hope they sold out before i am being weak again lol

Arrrggghhh! B)

Stefan

Well, i just checked ebay and there are 5 new units listed by jr-rc. 2 already sold.

Man. They really sell like hotcakes, lol.

...my preference would be to pay the $149 with jr-rc rather than $226.

Mud.

Or pay the $130 from Stella !!! :D

....$130, but they have none in stock. If anyone wishes they can order one from my Granny for $2, but she has none in stock either!

Mud.

....$130, but they have none in stock. If anyone wishes they can order one from my Granny for $2, but she has none in stock either!

Mud.

Hope they do not limit this model too much........ :blink:

Someone posted in the other board that this re-re pajero has a "revised" steering set-up from the original?

I was lucky enough to secure one of these on Tuesday from a UK hobby store. Most of the usual places are sold out (Modelsport etc). In fact I just got an email today from MS saying that this item is no longer available.

Ring round the smaller hobby stores and you might be lucky enough to get one.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the only people that are saying that they are discontinued are people who found them already.

This creates panic in potential buyers and they end up overpaying on ebay.

That's a rather cynical view, but it does raise a good point.

I have only bought one kit, I will not be selling it on ebay.

I just wanted to A brag I had one :P and B let people know that there are still some sitting on shelves in the UK :D

Hi

I am from Hong Kong. And the following is the exact words from one of the local Tamiya distributor.

" first shipment all sold out. don't know if we can get another shipment. Maybe there are no more" :D

Hi

I am from Hong Kong. And the following is the exact words from one of the local Tamiya distributor.

" first shipment all sold out. don't know if we can get another shipment. Maybe there are no more" :D

From the States here. UPS say my Pajero will arrive tomorow from Tower hobbies :P.