sunktothenutz

Re Release Pajero 49490

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the only people that are saying that they are discontinued are people who found them already.

This creates panic in potential buyers and they end up overpaying on ebay.

Remember what Tamiya did with the Hilux body, re-re the Mounty body set to test the water.....

A panic frenzy over the Jero might be enough to coax them into doing a new CC range in the 58 series.

I have had them on order at both Modelsport and Fusion. Both have phoned today to say "forget it". Orders cancelled. They may get literally the odd one more in over coming months but even that is highly unlikely (both say). They had both been given only about one quarter of the number they had orders for.

Read into that what you want. I don't think it's creating panic. It's just what the model shops themselves are being told and telling paying punters. Even some of the Hong Kong and Japan dealers are not guaranteeing they'll get any more. I sort of get the feeling we won't be tripping over these in a few months time. I hope we are, but I get the feeling it's unlikely. But, if we are, and as I said in an earlier comment, shame on Tamiya for treating its loyal customers this way. :-(

Pete

You never know what Tamiya is thinking. sometimes re-re's are super plentiful and others forget it. I used to think like you guys, There will be plenty of Re-re's to go around" That was until I wanted a Lancia 037 and couldn't find one. So now when I see, I grab one. I'm glad i was able to get a Pajero when i could.

From the States here. UPS say my Pajero will arrive tomorow from Tower hobbies :lol:.

WTH, Ive had mine on backorder at Tower for over 3 months now. Is Tower Hobbies playing favorites? :unsure:

You never know what Tamiya is thinking. sometimes re-re's are super plentiful and others forget it. I used to think like you guys, There will be plenty of Re-re's to go around" That was until I wanted a Lancia 037 and couldn't find one. So now when I see, I grab one. I'm glad i was able to get a Pajero when i could.

haha that's what i thought... when the original one was still around :unsure:

(which i suspect T was still making into the 2000/1... odd batches would appear in Japan every so often)

Just resurrected mine to running status again - can't remember it being so FAST!

After missing out on the dump truck and chrome willy I grab stuff asap. You can always sell it later if it is no longer wanted. :lol:

Didn't pay much attention to these kits when they first came out back in when?

What's with these CC-01 kits (Mitsu Pajero/Jeep Wrangler)? Is it the scale detail? Performance?

Just want to catch up. :lol:

WTH, Ive had mine on backorder at Tower for over 3 months now. Is Tower Hobbies playing favorites? :lol:

I dont' know but I was considered a gold member with different discount ad#'s and stuff. I just ordered another one a couple of days ago. You should get your's soon?

I just saw someone posted the manual with the "revised" steering set-up of this re-re from the original.

What will that new steering set-up do? less bump steer?

thanks.

I dont' know but I was considered a gold member with different discount ad#'s and stuff. I just ordered another one a couple of days ago. You should get your's soon?

Ive dumped several thousands of $'s in that place in the last 4 years. If they dont get off their duffs and get me my pre-ordered which is also a 4 month old backordered Pajero ASAP, then they will never see another dime of my cash. I emailed them and wanted to know why others have gotten their orders and told them what I just typed here. Id honestly rather give the money to my LHS, but he cant always get me what Tower can, oh well, Tower cant even seem to come through now.

i dont think there is any shortage, theres tons on ebay, last time i looked there was about 20 listings? im going to wait till the end of the month (payday) i think they will be around for ages yet.

i dont think there is any shortage, theres tons on ebay, last time i looked there was about 20 listings? im going to wait till the end of the month (payday) i think they will be around for ages yet.

There are tons on ebay, but Ill either wait and pay the $174(after my $20 coupon and free shipping) or Ill just pass on them for now. Im not gonna pay between $250 and $300 for one, not gonna happen. My money is too hard to save, let alone make someone rich from the leftover shipping fees.

Yeah, with a $54 shipping charge, no thanks mate.

People that live outside of the USA it makes more sense.

For example: I can purchase the kit, pay for shipping, import tax and it still would be a good $60 cheaper than buying it local.

As far as I know the kit is very limited. I dont know a supplier which is out of stock and can say that he will get further more. Perhaps Tamiya makes a first LOT to test th acceptance and the decides to produce a lot more. Due to the fact that it is a special item the kit could really be very limited. Otherwise there seems to be plenty of Porsche 934 special kits out there!

Yeah, with a $54 shipping charge, no thanks mate.

See with me being in New Zealand, it's cheaper to order from HK than USA

<----- NZ

Is the TEU-101BK included?

From what I have seen it depends on where you get the kit from (not just the Pajero but most Tamiya kits), for some reason most kits in Japan don't come with an ESC, outside of Japan they come with one. I guess it also depends on if the reseller gets the kits from official channels/distributors.

First post, y'all.

Has anyone had any luck getting their hands on one of these yet? I didn't find out about it until very recently and immediately ordered one - ballistic backorder, of course.

Unfortunately, I missed my shot when the Pajero was released the first time. I have a vested interest - I own a real one and have since 1987. See below:

sideview.jpg

She's a little modified now with a 2.6L fuel injected, turbo-charged engine, limited slip differentials front and rear and one helluva stereo system. But she's all mine.

Hopefully, one of these days, I'll have an RC one to sit beside the real deal.

Bwahahaha

Have you seen the prices on Ebay?? the original release going for over 2/3 times the price of the re-re!!! I don't think that they will get what they asking for them, not with plenty of the re-re's being available.

.. "plenty" of re-res... WHERE??! :D

Pajero MTW is not the 1987 1st-gen bodyshape, its a later larger body

3609828.jpg