lucasan

Need A Tiny Little Part For My Hotshot

Okay, so on the first real running of my Hotshot rere, my trapdoor came off the mech box, along with the body attached. I lost the hex mount that bolts down to the trap door and holds the body in place with the the big pin. I just need the little hex mount (not the ones that hold the battery holder) Tamiya wants $18.50 for the bag of parts that it comes in and won't sell me the piece separately. Do any other kits use this part, or is there another solution to shelling out $18.50 for one little part, and not needing the rest of the stuff?

Okay, so on the first real running of my Hotshot rere, my trapdoor came off the mech box, along with the body attached. I lost the hex mount that bolts down to the trap door and holds the body in place with the the big pin. I just need the little hex mount (not the ones that hold the battery holder) Tamiya wants $18.50 for the bag of parts that it comes in and won't sell me the piece separately. Do any other kits use this part, or is there another solution to shelling out $18.50 for one little part, and not needing the rest of the stuff?

This one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamiya-58050-Wild-On...1713.m153.l1262

Antony

That's the wrong type, the rerelease body mount is a slightly shorter version of the 53120 F1 body mount.

Yeah that's actually the hex mount that attaches to the underside of the chassis to keep the battery holder in place. The one that I need is actually a shinny little knobby thing. It's the same finish as the trapdoor it attaches to.

You'll have to buy the whole parts bag, don't lose it next time. Try thread lock, that helps.......

yeah, I was afraid of that. I will definitely be putting some thread lock on next time. Tamiya should have molded this as one piece. Oh well, no one ever said this was a cheap hobby.