Sign in to follow this  
Robydoes

Landcruiser Cr01 Crawler

Hello

I've been driving my crawler and I use a TEU302BK ESC from tamiya but I think it is getting hot after a few minutes.

Does anyone know a type of ESC for crawlers ??

Cheers

Roby

I use one called a moped V16r (I think) cheap (16 delivered from the states!) and fairly chearfull, not had any problems. Also the Tamiya one (someone help me with the numbers....!) I think it's a BK302 some-thing-or-other. That seems fine also.

I have used an Mtroniks RV15 in my CR-01, it got used for a good couple of hours yesterday at Clumber using the kit motor. I had no issues with it at all, the running included crawly type stuff and mud bogging too ;).

I also use RV15`s in my Hilift and my XC-01 with no problems at all.

Hello

I've been driving my crawler and I use a TEU302BK ESC from tamiya but I think it is getting hot after a few minutes.

Does anyone know a type of ESC for crawlers ??

Cheers

Roby

Thanks for the info

cheers

roby

I use the tamiya 302 in my 350 and cr-01 and they work fine in both - they do get hot but they have to, to some degree!

Depending on how "serious" you want to get, many of the crawler types are opting for either the Caste Creations Sidewinder (nice because it does both brushed and brushless motors, but has a weak BEC so you'll need an external one to run a decent steering servo), the Novak Rooster Crawler (only works with brushed motors, but has a strong brake, powerful BEC for a honking steering servo, and is waterproof I believe - it's around $100 with a 55t motor), or the Novak Goat Brushless Crawler system (which is expensive at around $200 US for both the ESC and the brushless motor, but will give probably give you the best crawler, and has the same BEC as the rooster).

Myself, I've been waiting for an excuse to try out a brushless motor for ages, so I'm waiting for the postie to deliver a Goat Crawler system (though I did order a Rooster Crawler too just to be on the safe side).

I've been using an el cheapop Mtroniks Eco27 with a 55 turn motor in my cr-01 and it runs cool.

I do have a Novak Rooster Crawler on order as the Ec027 is rubbish at hill decents and the resolution is not great but for what it cost it works well.

Well I've orderd a Novak Rooster with the 55T engine , it is on his way to me from the US .

So thanks for all the advice

Cheers

Roby

anyone interested should try the novak goat brushless, I did in my CR01 and can say it has me hooked. I wish I could afford 3 or 4 more.