pUs

Jamie Booth 1990 Trf Egress

Have you compared the geo of those arms to the top force?

Not taken any photos but it seems apparent the geometry was used to create the TF suspension

So, I trial fitted Jeff's amazing workmanship last night, the quality is amazing thanks so much! I also told Jamie that this chassis and upper deck are thicker CF so he can't break it so easily next time :)

Thanks to Jeff, Haider, Jeremy, Jon and everyone else who is helping out with this iconic rebuild. It'll be great to see Jamie race it (even if it may only be on video for me)

More soon ;)

CHeers Bro........it was a great hang out at CMQ with this piece of Art :)

indeed,a very interesting build and design...so SOLID!

Glad to assist and if anything else needed,,,you know where to go bro ;)

TC

Not taken any photos but it seems apparent the geometry was used to create the TF suspension

I thought this would be the case.

Good to see!

Looks like the original chassis plate was considerably different than standard too. Personally I would consider repairing it. Probably drill fine holes and pin/glue the halves back together. It doesn't have to bang curbs anymore so no harm in a shelf-only repair job.

Is it possible to get some measurment of the old chassis plate lenght and width? And i would love to get Even more pictures of all the special parts, with some measurements ;-) since this is the most special Egress alive, out there , I'm considering to make a replica of it to have on my shelf. Please share this information :-)

Greate work this far, really looking forward to seeing it finished.

Hi Guys,

The lower (original longer) chassis is intact, it differs from the original only in the fact that it is of course slightly longer and has no holes for the trailing arm mounts but it does have extra holes in the rear for the pivot blocks due to the modded suspension. The top deck however got smashed and the centre piece is long gone.

When the car was crashed, the propshaft was lost - this must have been longer and I thought about how to make a longer one.....as Jamie will run the car in anger again, likely with brushless this time and after discussing with him, we decided it would be a better solution to make the new chassis and top deck a standard length but with the revised hole pattern - this is what gomachv did for me.

Hope you like my next post :)

Dan

From winning the 1990 British championships, then smacked into a post and thrown in Jamie's garage.....fast forward 20-odd years and it was handed to me in a red plastic box in July 2014 - contents? Lots of broken bits.

Now back to full health again, a really iconic car....here you go Jamie Booth she'll be in the post soon.

Thanks must go to:

Jamie himself

Jeff (gomachv) (rc10talk)

Mini Eason

Jonathan J Cryer

My Omani bro Haider (Tamiya Era) - plus big congrats to him on the birth of his 1st child :)

And 8rad (rc10talk)

Darren Styles (last but not least)

Hope I didn't miss anyone. :)

Screenshot_2014-09-11-15-34-52-1_zpsxksh

Screenshot_2014-09-11-15-36-22_zpsgc85xv

20140911_152945-1_zpsxessznda.jpg20140911_152404_zpsb5ssyvwm.jpg20140911_152419_zpszob5qdgq.jpg

• Like 4

Please more detailed pictures of the car without body, please!

Really interested in all modifications, arms, arms mount, shock tower and other ones.

A Jamie Booth's Egress Replica would be a great project.

Max

• Like 2

Please more detailed pictures of the car without body, please!

Really interested in all modifications, arms, arms mount, shock tower and other ones.

A Jamie Booth Egress Replica would be a great project.

Max

I must agree with you Max... I really want to make a replica... :-)

From winning the 1990 British championships, then smacked into a post and thrown in Jamie's garage.....fast forward 20-odd years and it was handed to me in a red plastic box in July 2014 - contents? Lots of broken bits.

Now back to full health again, a really iconic car....here you go Jamie Booth she'll be in the post soon.

Thanks must go to:

Jamie himself

Mini Eason

Jonathan J Cryer

My Omani bro Haider (Tamiya Era) - plus big congrats to him on the birth of his 1st child :)

And 8rad (rc10talk)

Screenshot_2014-09-11-15-34-52-1_zpsxksh

Screenshot_2014-09-11-15-36-22_zpsgc85xv

20140911_152945-1_zpsxessznda.jpg20140911_152404_zpsb5ssyvwm.jpg20140911_152419_zpszob5qdgq.jpg

Looks fantastic... Great job.... I'm sure Jamie will be very very happy now :-)

• Like 1

Argh! No photos of the individual custom-made pieces? :wacko:

• Like 2

Yeah, must agree with you 94eg! almost the most important thing about this thread, except getting the car back to it's former glory. This should been shared to all Egress fan's

• Like 2

Maybe if we all ask Mr. Booth very, very nicely :P

Please please add some more detailed pictures of the custom made parts. :-)

Thanks must go to:
Jamie himself
Mini Eason
Jonathan J Cryer
And 8rad (rc10talk)

Cheers Bro......:)

Yea,,,Been so calm for days but but things are setteling soon so i resume my life soon looool

Excellent result bro....Awesome, Neat and Very attractive! :)

Glad it has been restored back freshly!

Tale care and we must hang-out soon!

Cheers

This car has recently appeared in the hands of Jonathan J Cryer on IconicRc's Facebook page. I think he intends to make a replica. I'm not sure if he's a member of Tamiyaclub, so might be worth keeping an eye on his updates over on FB.

I'm rebuilding my Egress 2013 runner with a mix of new and vintage parts and this thread has been so inspirational! Thank you for posting everything thus far, but I would love to see more of that front end in detail!

I remember this car clearly as I was following Jamie's exploits in the national championship. I still remember seeing the Egress in action with Jamie if I remember correctly at Alexander Palace at a RC and Model car show back in early 1990. It was just awesome to see a Tamiya being amongst the Schumacher Cats and Yokomo Dogs.

I guess with modern 3d printing and from the detailed pictures parts can be made to update the suspension as per this development Egress Jamie raced.

The problem is that wish bones as used will not be available, they were bespoke, so maybe only need to fabricate some mounts front and rear so can mount existing assemblies I guess drive shaft lengths would be an important consideration. Maybe Manta Ray wishbones, uprights and hub carriers with CVD drive shafts?