Sign in to follow this  
tony gray

The M04ss!

VWFerrari_s.jpg

Have you got a Ferrari dream but only a Beetle budget? You just have to check out this amazing build-up story on how to convert an M04L to a stunning Ferrari-bodied M04SS super-short wheelbase. Using only Tamiya parts too!

It's one of our best ever articles and it's online now

Go here to read all about it.

That looks awesome. I've been considering getting a Tamtech for some time but I think this will suit me much better since I already have a M04 chassis I can modify.

The Countach body also has a 204mm wheelbase. Do you think it would fit or is the front too low? or maybe the rear has to many weird angles?

Ole

Nice work! Very clever use of parts. That's one of my favorite things about Tamiya; once you start to notice all the parts-sharing and figure out what fits what, you can make all sorts of things they never intended.

That looks awesome. I've been considering getting a Tamtech for some time but I think this will suit me much better since I already have a M04 chassis I can modify.

The Countach body also has a 204mm wheelbase. Do you think it would fit or is the front too low? or maybe the rear has to many weird angles?

Ole

I am thinking exactly the same, I have an extra 934 bodyshell for tamtech, wonder if this will fit the M04L project as well.

Any expert of this M04L out there to shade some light>

cheers

-L

Sorry guys, we cant be of any further help in regard to other bodies. The only car we've tried it on is the Ferrari so far.

This time you'll have to be the trailblazers and see.

--------------------

http://www.rc-mini.net

Just Minis, only Minis

Nice work! Very clever use of parts. That's one of my favorite things about Tamiya; once you start to notice all the parts-sharing and figure out what fits what, you can make all sorts of things they never intended.

Totally I think that the M chassis are some of the best bases ever made by Tamiya and very flexible to make many things. One thing that I do find a slight snag from a performance side of things is the angle of the front steering rods which can be an issue should you want to lift on shorter hubs like those from a TB01 for reliablilty. But there is always Aluminum hot ups I suppose :L

Cheers

Ryck