Jay61076

Truckfest Shows

Truckfest

Hi all is anyone taking any of their trucks to any of the Truckfest shows this year?

I saw a few at the Scottish show in Edinburgh last year and was wondering if there is anyone organizing a meet or anything as I now have my small fleet complete ( well near enough) and would like the chance to show them off :-)

I've just bought a Scania and trailer [No idea why, but I really fancy one] and have no idea when I'm gonna get to use it.

I've seen people running at Truckfests, is there a website or main organiser? The nearest to me is Truckfest Bath & West on the 5th and 6th of July. Anyone else interested in coming or can give me any pointers?

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.truckfest.co.uk/tfsouthwest.html

Try searching the showrooms for truckfest then contact any of the members who took part to find out details.

thanks terry- trying that, I just wondered how people get together/ arrange the meets as I can't find any threads on here, and can't find any other relevant forums.

The next show for the trucks is this coming Sunday 8th june at the "CLASSIC & VINTAGE COMMERCIAL SHOW" at the heritage motor centre at gaydon.

As for contacts for the truckfest shows might be best to contact the runners of the truckfest as they would have contact details for who would be running the RC trucks at each of the shows as it seems to change depending on location.

Ant

Gaydon, thats pretty close to us, has anyone got anymore details about this as Dad and I might be able to attend with our two trucks. Is it all on road?

Cheers

Ryck

Gaydon, thats pretty close to us, has anyone got anymore details about this as Dad and I might be able to attend with our two trucks. Is it all on road?

Cheers

Ryck

Should be all on road, though there are a couple of grassy banks outside the motor museum. I think we might actually be indoors in one of the conference rooms though

Hello,

My first post here, with meetings like the recent one at Gaydon, what is the best way to find out about these? Have tried a search but no luck.

My friend and i have several different Tamiya trucks and would be keen to come along to any meets that take place.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers

Ryck

Now I have My Scania (Woo) I'll be going to the one on the 5th & 6th of July @ Shepton Mallet. Wanna organise a Bash for that weekend too? Would be kinda cool to tie up the whole lot eh?

Anyone else free for that weekend?

Jeepers I'll have to get a move on with ordering my Motorised legs [for the truck-not me!]

BTW: Hi Ed! Welcome aboard! Where abouts are you based? I'm just getting ito the Trucking side so In the same boat as you I'm afraid.

Ryan

Now I have My Scania (Woo) I'll be going to the one on the 5th & 6th of July @ Shepton Mallet. Wanna organise a Bash for that weekend too? Would be kinda cool to tie up the whole lot eh?

Anyone else free for that weekend?

Jeepers I'll have to get a move on with ordering my Motorised legs [for the truck-not me!]

BTW: Hi Ed! Welcome aboard! Where abouts are you based? I'm just getting ito the Trucking side so In the same boat as you I'm afraid.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Im based in Bucks, have had a couple of trucks since they were first launched and countless other models but never thought of actually going to any meets hence the post. Is there a section at the Shepton show to actually drive the trucks is this what you are doing?

Cheers,

Ed

Hi Ed, I'm not actually sure- I think Ant is the man in the know? I'll PM him. Deff up for Shepton Mallet if anyone else is intending on going? This is my first time so some help would be appriciated. Just waiting for the motorised legs now :lol:

Well finally got a reply back from the Truckfest Show organizers and Im now set up for the Edinburgh show in August

Anyone else on here going top that one?

Jay

Back in the early/mid 1990's, I took my Bullhead to a truck show. They had the UK monster truck 'SkyHigh' doing exhibition runs in the main arena (it was based on a LWB white Ford Transit). I ran my Bullhead in behind it and chased it a bit, which was taken in good humour. I had a lovely chat with the driver/owner afterwards who was fascinated by my (comparitively little) Tamiya and let me take some photos of it sat on the real monster truck tyre. Unfortunately he wouldn't agree to a swap!

Just got a call this morning to say that the RC model display part of the Edinburgh Truckfest has been cancelled due to them not having a suitable display area

Just my luck .... well they might be back on next year :-(

I'll just have to get some more trucks and do a small show on my drive :-)