Sign in to follow this  
rob_sfl

Fitting 9115041 Top Force J Parts To Ta02 Carbon Chassis Plates

Hi all,

is it possible to fit the 9115041 Top Force J parts to TA02 carbon chassis plates? The catch is that the 53166 FRP chassis set is quite rare and who wants the whole set if he will replace the FRP plates for carbon and many of the plastic parts for alloy any way. But the 0115177 J parts of the set (battery holder etc.) is evidently not available alone at all.

Has anyone done this, is it actually possible? The pictures I have seen indicate that some parts are identical and others arent. Or maybe the battery holder can be improvised in a different way?

Hi all,

is it possible to fit the 9115041 Top Force J parts to TA02 carbon chassis plates? The catch is that the 53166 FRP chassis set is quite rare and who wants the whole set if he will replace the FRP plates for carbon and many of the plastic parts for alloy any way. But the 0115177 J parts of the set (battery holder etc.) is evidently not available alone at all.

Has anyone done this, is it actually possible? The pictures I have seen indicate that some parts are identical and others arent. Or maybe the battery holder can be improvised in a different way?

Looking at the details of TA02 FRP chassis and comparing them to the Top Force chassis, if you have a Top Force J Parts tree (9115041) and Top Force Evo Mount Bag (9405756) you should have no issue mounting the TA02 Rear transmission & Front Diff to the TA02 Carbon chassis plates & with a little tinkering get the steering to work. But the Top Force chassis looks to be noticeably wider than the TA02 Carbon chassis, so I don't beleive the Top Force battery holder will work which is the problem most people have the TA02 carbon chassis plates.

Not sure that infomation helps you, but your question helped me. I'm currently working on a project where I'll be making a custom TA02 FRP style double deck chassis and the Top Force J Parts & Mount Bag solve my problem on how to mount the transmission & front diff & possibly the battery too.

Thanks for the thoughts, it does seems that the whole point is in the end the battery holder. Buying a TA02 FRP kit just to get this plastic part seems redicolous so I will try to find another way.

Top force J-parts (9115041)

topforcejparts.jpg

TA02 J-parts (0115177)

TAM0115177_G.JPG

I used to have both. Only thing worth grabbing out of the top force into the TA02 frp kit are:

-front aluminium gear box posts, and the plastic piece under it

-rear gearbox lower shim.

The rest are very different, including the steering belcranks and their posts.

I have the both of the parts listed above. I will take a good look to see if there are any more similar bits. That could be used.