Dazza1

Wish I Had Not Sold It

Just sitting here after a few beers looking at this site and thinking to myself . I wish I had not sold that Ta02 repsol celica or my clodbuster as that was great down the beach. Now I dont have the money to get new ones boo hoo.

Is there any cars that you have sold because you have needed the funds or for any other reason and wish you could have them back ???

I feel your pain... the only time I've ver sold any of my Tamiya gear is due to lack of money. Bought a nice Super CHamp last year, spent heaps of time restoring it and then had to sell it last month due to cash issues. Also just sold my NIB Adspec system, going to really miss that too, again money :)

The only bright side it that I when I have $$$ again I intend to buy them again and it was fun owning them even for a short time :)

Hmmm... Sold a few, but trying pin real regrets...

Maybe a Tidy Super Champ runner, and a retro'd Sand Scorcher I'd just got to rolling condition for a model show, when someone came up and offered me $150 on the spot for it... Only because it'd negate the work I've got ahead of me now with my new one...Or my Hilux. It was a basket case, but I could of done something with it.

Just sitting here after a few beers looking at this site and thinking to myself . I wish I had not sold that Ta02 repsol celica or my clodbuster as that was great down the beach. Now I dont have the money to get new ones boo hoo.

Have a few more beers and the feeling will be gone, no more boo hoo. :)

Make more money and buy them all back but just remember nothing last for ever. :)

I sold about 1/3 of my collection and no regrets as I am heading in another direction.

Hind sight...focus on what you want to collect meaning a series or group, not whatever you like, else you will be either run of space or money or time or any of the combinations.

Yep, I sold my Wild Dagger... Very Stupid of me! :) I just shouldn't have left the original shocks and an MSC on it, and then I would have had loads more fun. Instead I only thought about the fact that I found it boring to drive close to where I live (I should have looked further than a few hundred metres around my house)...

I had an old bush devil which i restored and it came out near mint and ran perfect with an esc and 19t motor.I sold it and now i want it back . :)

I did not sell it but I left my fathers original Lunchbox at a friends and forgot it..... A few weeks later he gave it to his cousin... !!!!!!!!!!!!..... I felt really dumb and bad... We grew up very poor and I knew how much he loved it. Until last week I didn't have the nerve to tell him.. it has been 7 years ago now. So his birthday was last week and I bought him a Losi xxxt Matt Francis and a 3300 NIhm pack and a prophet charger & a 15 turn motor. sent it in the mail to him.... I know its not a lunchbox but I did what I could. .. I knew the first thing he was gonna say when he opened the box was. I'll have to get out my old Lunchbox and see if it still works. I told him I had lost it and being the cool old man he is he said "not a big deal" 7 years of jitters went away and we talked rc's for 2 hours. Then I called today and he was outside chasing the dog. and jumping the ditch and doing donuts in the driveway. I would have got him a re-issue LB but I wanted him to have something the LHS would have parts for. So now he is back in the game. I wish I could replace everything I broke and or lost of his growing up.

For me it would be my Hummer and my Clod. Both were sold due to needing money, but I'll own them again someday.

I only miss one,

My Sand Rover Srb that i swapped with mike for a Hi-lift.

But it was only sitting on the shelf which in my books a waste. But i still miss it :(

post-18200-1212998316.jpg

oh just thought of another My Schumacher Cat 3000 with a Rough Rider Shell that was a quick beast but it ate drivebelts for breakfast.

Might have to build another one of them someday :-)

post-18200-1212998452.jpg

My very first r/c car in 1994 was a Footwork FA13 Mugen Honda F1 car. It slowly evolved over the years and turned into a Lotus Ford 102D.

Sold it to some kid when I moved to the city and lost my job. The kid didn't want to hear about my advice on how to drive it and where to race it....he just wanted to "drift" with his mates. I almost cried. My minter F1 was gonna be a ****** drifter in a matter of hours and probably end up in the bin when the LHS can't get F102 parts :(

Tamiya20F1.jpg

That's the worst part - you get emotionally attached to them and then when you have to sell one, firstly you don't get as much as you think it is worth (because in your head you factor in all the effort and time you've spent on it) and secondly the person buying it doesn't care about it like you did.

Nothing you can do about it though - At the end of the day it's just a bunch of plastic and metal parts...

I wish I hadn't sold my Top Force now though... :(

Is there any cars that you have sold because you have needed the funds or for any other reason and wish you could have them back ???

Oh yeah... I sold my first love, my trusty Monster Beetle that i bought in 1987... I needed the cash to "upgrade" to a Mid Custom :( But then again, I now have two new built MB's and a fully decked-out runner, so I'm forgiven :) From then on I kept all my cars barring a few completely uninteresting or completely worn-out ones (Yokomo YR4-M2-USA, HPI Pro2, ...). And I will keep doing so!

Paul

I had a Super Sabre, it was my one and only RC car that I had and, although I may not have sold it, I let my dad throw it away with all the radio gear as I thought that I wouldn't be able to get any spares for it anymore!!! Was only when I typed Super Sabre in eBay that I found that there were plenty of spares around did it make me feel truly gutted, to make things worse, looking at this site showed me just how many parts from other cars were the same and therefore compatible, ouch!!!! On the upside though, managed to get a cheap beaten up one on eBay and restored it to it's former glory, even managed to get a Beatties bag to keep it in, the same as the one I used to have!!!! How sad is that lol

post-25502-1213004333.jpg

So now he is back in the game. I wish I could replace everything I broke and or lost of his growing up.

That is very touching and bought a tear to my eye. My Dad died when I was in my late teens and I really miss hooning our R/C's around together.

sorry to hear that. im very lucky my dad had me in his late teens. so hes only 17 years older than me. Keep your head up Ryan some day if not already you will have a little one who looks at you like you did your father.

sorry to hear that. im very lucky my dad had me in his late teens. so hes only 17 years older than me. Keep your head up Ryan some day if not already you will have a little one who looks at you like you did your father.

A little Ryan :) Do we need Two Ryanboreds on Tamiyaclub? :(

No insult intended, we're mates honest :)

Wish I had not sold:

Blackfoot Xtreme - It was slow, but it had "cool factor". :)

Sand Viper - It lacked ground clearance and I couldn't control it, but I'd like to have made a baja bug out of it.

Wild Dagger - It had become spares for the Blackfoot Xtreme.

Traxxas Stampede - My first "real" r/c with a plastic motor mount that annoyed me quite a bit. :(

I sold a never run, hopped up group c f40. :( Tamiya hopups only, alloy motor mount, carbon drive shaft, trf shock, titanium screws, full bearings, super kingpin set.... what a beauty she was

There are a couple that I sold that I wish I didn't

First is my Avante.

img34_21062004230201_1.jpg

I got rid of it becuase at the time I had a collection of all new parts plus every hop up made by Tamiya for the avante. i figured I didn't need this one sold I sold it to UK claire. I never did build the avante, I sold off all those part to fund my Knight hauler.

Second is my Gold celebration optima with tecnacraft wheels.

img34_21062004230201_3.jpg

Originally I traded my Jeep Wrangler for a Bruiser and then I traded my optima for my wrangler back. I don't necesarily miss the optima but I sure do miss the tecnacraft wheels

Regrets. I have a few :(

My mint Black Avante.... why??!!! darn it

Midnight Blue High Lift- swore I'd never sell- then I wanted an MFU

HPI Savage- ryanbored you can console me on this one as you sold it too!

Soo many sad stories guys.... a good cure is an NIB build! :D

For me every R/C I sold I now wish I had not. The tough one for me though was selling my Full Option Kit Aeromax which I never built, to buy a stupid dirt bike, which I don't use anymore.... age, responsibilty etc, etc...

Oh, and I really wish I hadn't sold my Wild Commando, I didn't realise how rare they were. Oh, and wish I hadn't sold my first TLT-1, Oh and .... this could go on and on, you get the idea....

Thanks for the (sad) trip down memory lane ;)

i guess i don't really miss them, but i sold a lancer IV and a king blackfoot. both were stock and MSC. also i had the worst battery and charger possible due to lack of knowledge and funds. that's why i don't miss them much. i just sold them too cheap I think. but now i have a super clod to play with